PDA

View Full Version : GAME Won't Start

Dexatreon
03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
This is kinda weird..I had a P4 3.2 1 gig ram ATI video Card X1600. I just bought a Core2 Quad 2.4 with 4 gig ram 8600 GTX 512 and the game will not startup. I have tried everything. Is there a problem with the quad core? or is it my video card.

Dexatreon
03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
This is kinda weird..I had a P4 3.2 1 gig ram ATI video Card X1600. I just bought a Core2 Quad 2.4 with 4 gig ram 8600 GTX 512 and the game will not startup. I have tried everything. Is there a problem with the quad core? or is it my video card.

Lethal1940
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a friend running A Core 2 Quad and 2 8600 GTS's in SLI on a 680i motherboard with everything running stock, and his runs Vegas without a problem.

Is this a new system with a clean install, or an upgrade.

My guess would be, if you did an upgrade and are still using the old game files, the configuration files are probably messed up.
(Still reading your old configuration)

Dexatreon
03-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Well you are probley right. I just didn't want to loose my saves. I have to reactivate the game again under windows vista. I'll just wait to see what happens. Thanks for your help

Lethal1940
03-18-2008, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dexatreon:
Well you are probley right. I just didn't want to loose my saves. I have to reactivate the game again under windows vista. I'll just wait to see what happens. Thanks for your help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Copy the "saveCheckpoint" file (In "My Documents") to another location and after doing a clean install, you can place that file back in the game folder. I believe that should give you your saved games.

Don't forget to delete all files left behind after an uninstall.
(I also delete everything in the registry that relates to this game)