PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer

OhHowSheGoingEh
02-01-2019, 01:45 AM
I already know this is going to bring in a lot of flak but I dont care I'm ready for it.

Leave lawbringer alone do not 'rework' him like you claim you will. All or your past reworks just turn them Into spammers of some sort except for kensei. Kensei was done really well perhaps too well and we were expecting reworks of that quality and not just bandaid fixes the rest have received.

Conqueror has been turned into one of the best bash spammers in the game and has some of the best defense in the game.

Warden has been turned into the safest bash spammer now along with unblockable span considering how easy it is to access his top heavy unblockable.

Berserker has HA on 90% of his attacks allowing him to spam his attacks and punish anyone who screws up on the parry attempt, dont forget about his unblockable spam potential as well.

Highlander has been degraded into kick/grab spammer with 40 damaging hits.

Peacekeeper was nerfed so bad you would see shugokis more than her.

Orochi was turned into a 400ms light spammer.

Valkyrie has been turned into a crappy light spammer (triple top light spam against
reflex guard) and shield bash spammer.

And so far all I see with shugoki is headbutts after lights, but to be fair I think it's just hardwired into shugoki players right now to headbutt after a light. And the new DE soft feint being spammed.

I have this sinking feeling that lawbringer is going to receive the same lazy treatment as the rest and be giving spammable moves that are hard/annoying to deal with.

I feel like I already know what his 'rework' is going to be: Faster attack speeds across the board, faster shove with guaranteed light now, loses shove on block ability, can now shove after someone blocks your heavy. Long arm will be sped up and probably have HA on it. Heavy finishers will have HA on them as well.

Ubiflowessence
02-01-2019, 01:52 AM
Interesting thread and thanks for sharing. I've def. been seeing the opposite from players in the community in regards to Lawbringer needing a rework. I'd like to get everyone else's thoughts on this as well !

Goat_of_Vermund
02-01-2019, 03:05 AM
While warden is indeed very strong, his bashes are not safe, he can be guardbroken on any miss quite easily (just a little thought).

Lawbringer needs a rework as badly as shugoki did. His block-shove is a game killer move that benefits neither opponents, and his offense doesn't work against any high level players. You just can't leave him alone. Of course, the amount of rework he receives is up to a debate. I think all he needs is a better longarm, guaranteed damage on dodge-shove, a bit faster heavies with potentially unblockable or undodgable added, and in return the removal of block-shove and maybe some parry damage nerfs.

OhHowSheGoingEh
02-01-2019, 05:11 AM
While warden is indeed very strong, his bashes are not safe, he can be guardbroken on any miss quite easily (just a little thought).

Lawbringer needs a rework as badly as shugoki did. His block-shove is a game killer move that benefits neither opponents, and his offense doesn't work against any high level players. You just can't leave him alone. Of course, the amount of rework he receives is up to a debate. I think all he needs is a better longarm, guaranteed damage on dodge-shove, a bit faster heavies with potentially unblockable or undodgable added, and in return the removal of block-shove and maybe some parry damage nerfs.

I do want lawbringer to get a rework I really do, but not if they are going to turn him to some spam hero line they have done with the rest of the cast.

I have to disagree with you on warden though, for what warden gets out his sb and how far along he can cancel it at any stage makes it's too safe imo. I've seen one maybe two wardens play their sb game just outside of GB range. This was done in dominion though.