PDA

View Full Version : thoughts about vortiger being able to cancel out revenge in gank situations.

RagingtheReturn
02-01-2019, 12:15 AM
Ubi... was any thought put into the feat that allows vortiger to cancel out a revenge. In a 1v1 situation its understandable but it just took ganking to a whole new level of problem. I know revenge has always been a controversial topic when it comes to for honor but it is essential in giving a player a chance to survive or fight back in a situation where they are getting ganked. Watching teammate get 4v1 and then his only chance to fight back is straight denied is a bit cheap IMO. others may disagree and I would be happy to hear your opinions. Just personal opinion is that it may have been great on paper but in real life and matches it isnt such a well thought out feat.

Sneakly20
02-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Ubi... was any thought put into the feat that allows vortiger to cancel out a revenge. In a 1v1 situation its understandable but it just took ganking to a whole new level of problem. I know revenge has always been a controversial topic when it comes to for honor but it is essential in giving a player a chance to survive or fight back in a situation where they are getting ganked. Watching teammate get 4v1 and then his only chance to fight back is straight denied is a bit cheap IMO. others may disagree and I would be happy to hear your opinions. Just personal opinion is that it may have been great on paper but in real life and matches it isnt such a well thought out feat.

I think itís a neat idea. Is it fair when 1v4? Not really. But normal revenge doesnít really work out in that fight anyway. And we also have to consider that all shields are affected not just revenge. So itís a good counter while BP is very common rignt now.

Can it change in the future? Sure can but for now itís doing it job. As far as ganking goes itís really just how you gotta play smart. A 1v4 is usually a death sentence no matter the instance if the gankers play smartly mind you.

But let me humor you in this. If your shield is dropped your offensive or survival power is immediately dropped. But you still do revenge damage and have infinite stamina. So you could turtle up again. The feat is powerful yes but itís new.

RagingtheReturn
02-01-2019, 01:02 AM
I knew the stamina but was not aware of that you kept damage. the thing i noticed the most is that you lose the hyper armor allowing you to put in hits through other attacker hits.