PDA

View Full Version : What do Shugoki mains think about the rework?

Illyrian_King
01-31-2019, 09:32 PM
Me personally, I have just little experience with him. I would really like to know, what professionals think about it.

My humble thoughts ... he is still lacking. He has a decent mix-up now, but still pretty reactable. The headbutt's blind doesn't distract enough. His 500ms seem to be his best thing.

I think he lacks in additional tools. What do you say?

Lord_Cherubi
01-31-2019, 09:36 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1986337-Thank-you-Ubi!

I just now created a thread about my aporeciation about the rework but i forgot to mention that he also has an actual dodge now and he even runs faster, to me he is in a great shape right now.

Illyrian_King
02-01-2019, 01:37 AM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1986337-Thank-you-Ubi!

I just now created a thread about my aporeciation about the rework but i forgot to mention that he also has an actual dodge now and he even runs faster, to me he is in a great shape right now.

Unfortunately didn't see this one yet.

But the feedback doesn't seem to be too positive though. The problem is that his whole kit is basically a 1-trick-pony. Light into headbutt --> charged heavy mix-up

He doesn't have anything beside that, and even his mix-up is pretty reactable, since the animation for the soft-feint into embrace is very traitorous and warns you very early.

There simply is not much more. The only good thing he has, is is new OOS pressure with the unblockable being able to cancel so late after unblockable pop-up.

Ubiflowessence
02-01-2019, 02:03 AM
I've been seeing quite a bit of feedback from the community on Shugoki (along with the new hero) and it seems people either love the changes or dislike them.

From each of your own individual experiences playing as Shugoki, how do you think he fairs now in 1v1 as compared to before the changes?

The changes were just released, so feel free to answer this question anytime! :)

Illyrian_King
02-01-2019, 02:50 AM
I've been seeing quite a bit of feedback from the community on Shugoki (along with the new hero) and it seems people either love the changes or dislike them.

From each of your own individual experiences playing as Shugoki, how do you think he fairs now in 1v1 as compared to before the changes?

The changes were just released, so feel free to answer this question anytime! :)

In 4vs4 he is and already was usefull with his unblockables and melees. It's a back and forth, since his embrace is now interruptable by teammates, deals less damage and can not one-shot anymore ... but he doesn't lose health on miss and it lands easier.

In 1vs1 he still seems to struggle from what I have seen (by myself and also youtubers). His heavy-hug mix-up is quiet reactable, which is a huge problem, since there is not much more in his kit. The headbutt is not guaranteed anymore, is less effective and the blind isn't distracting enough for the mix-up. Just look if he goes in a clinge position and you know there is a hug coming with plenty of time left to dodge it.
His 500ms are still the best thing, the loss of passive hyperarmour was a big nerf, which isn't compensated by hyperarmour in his basic attacks (from my point of view).

He still has problems to open turtles in 1vs1, since his kit is small and there is only the mix-up you have to watch out for. He has good OOS pressure and 4vs4 capability.