PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Game minimizes on clicking building info window

Save_B_Art
01-31-2019, 06:08 PM
Running on Intel i5-8300H, 8192MB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050.
When I click on a building (e.g. sheep farm) the building's info panel pops up in the low right corner of the screen as expected. When I click anywhere in this window (e.g. to create fields), the entire game minimizes to the task bar. This happened to me in the previous technical test phase too, as reported back then. It means the game is unplayable for me beyond building the first houses and fishery because I cannot build out essential buildings.

Also, the frame rate is pretty awful. Even at low graphics quality the game does not scroll or animate smoothly. At high graphics quality the game screen scrolls at one square every 2-3 seconds.

Save_B_Art
02-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Hi guys,

For me, this bug persists even after the latest patch. I still can't place any fields around my sheep farm because the game minimizes to the task bar on clicking the farm info tab.

(Irrelevant but fun: when, after the latest patch, I continued my running game, I happened to start with a fleet of over 25 flagships. So did my competitors. Started a new game and everything was normal again).

Ubi-Baron
02-03-2019, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear that's occurring for you.

Does it happen in all display modes?

The first thing I'd advise is making sure, if you haven't already, that you've run through the steps here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025947/Basic-PC-Troubleshooting)

Save_B_Art
02-03-2019, 10:07 PM
Thank you for pointing me to display modes. This bug only occurs when playing in full screen (I normally never use any of the options). In windowed of full screen windowed mode, the game works as it should and I can put down the fields.

I did check for the steps you mentioned anyway. Non of it applied to me. I did try again with all start-up applications disabled, but that did not solve the issue in full screen mode. I do not trust myself with tampering with system services, so I did check with any of those disabled.

I did try to put the game in windowed mode with the building info tab in the same spot as it would have been in full screen mode, but I could not reproduce the bug that way, so it does not seem to be linked to the screen coordinates as such.

The bug reappears when switching from windowed or windowed full screen to full screen again.