PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Multiplayer Faction Swap

Berndyz
01-31-2019, 11:36 AM
Started a multiplayer game with a friend, got a couple of desyncs during the game, the last one crashed his game and we had to reload, but upon entering the game again, i loaded into his faction and he into mine. We tried loading for autosaves of both me and him, but nothing helped. It also seems like its not possible to swap players around in the lobby? or did we just miss that?
Additional info: I originally started the game as Team 1 and he Team 2, when reloading our prtraits were still our own, but our teams were swapped around (me on 2, him on 1 now)

littlebird96
01-31-2019, 11:59 AM
I had that too.... Oh. Hej Berndy :D

Berndyz
01-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Actually i had to upload the same savegame for another issue
(https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1985720-BUG-Farmer-tab-missing-at-some-point-in-the-game)
so heres my support ticket reference number, if its any help: 07875320

Ubi-Mullac
01-31-2019, 01:12 PM
Hey :) Can you make sure you join the original host first?

ZeroOo90
01-31-2019, 01:14 PM
we had the same issue. The solution is: just swap the savegame with your buddy.

Berndyz
01-31-2019, 01:19 PM
Yes, we obviously tried all sorts of constellations and nothing worked, maybe it was because i hosted first and after the crash littlebird hosted, so maybe then it changed around the savegame for me as well, and thats why it didnt work anymore even if i hosted again... but thanks zero, will try that :)

Ubi-Mullac
01-31-2019, 01:24 PM
Yes, we obviously tried all sorts of constellations and nothing worked, maybe it was because i hosted first and after the crash littlebird hosted, so maybe then it changed around the savegame for me as well, and thats why it didnt work anymore even if i hosted again... but thanks zero, will try that :)

Hmm okay, let me know if ZeroOo90's fix works for you :) (Cheers ZeroOo90)

Berndyz
01-31-2019, 02:49 PM
We tried it and it didnt seem to help... We didnt even get into the game though, one of us always either crashed or got stuck in the loading screen (or we loaded into a desync, and then we got stuck in the loading screen)

UbiGabrinth
01-31-2019, 07:09 PM
Are you able to start a new game or are you continuing to have troubles even in a new game? Please make sure to verify game files in Uplay (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000025650/Verify-Game-In-Uplay?fallback=en_GB).

apf3lschorle
01-31-2019, 10:12 PM
Me and my friend have the same problem. We tried pretty much everything, that got suggested here - as well as loading older savefiles and switching host, savefiles and so on. Nothing seems to help unfortunatly though.

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

Btw: happend after the desyncs became an issue after pretty much exactly 2 hours (as other people stated before).

HJP1
01-31-2019, 10:32 PM
Had the exact same issue with my friend.
The original host needs to go to Users\yourusername\Documents\Anno 1800 Closed Beta\accounts\somerandomnumber\ and find the folder with the MP save. Inside delete the auto saves that were made after the crash. That fixed it for us.

Malithian
01-31-2019, 11:10 PM
Had the same issue, upon loading a previous autosave in which we were still the correct player the resync would just happen again and swap us again at approximately the same time as the previous time around.