PDA

View Full Version : FM:LA-5FN, FW-190D9 AND OTHERS...

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to comment in the forum somethings I´ve noticed after final 1.11 patch regarding to the dora´s, La5fn´s, yak3´s and other planes FMs.

1) Dora´s top speed (m-1944) after last patch, with MW50 enabled, is far below 600 kph (sea level). I think I´ve been only able to reach 570 kph or so. With the original version and 1.1b patch you quickly accelerate to 580-590 kph (sea level).I remember it had an excelent acceleration rate. Now even La5fn ovetakes Dora! :-(

2) La-5Fn out-turn (realistic), out-dive, out-climb and accelerate faster than Dora...poor Dora!. I found discouraging try to shootdown one of them, and they are only IA controlled (can´t imagine a well trained human inside that cockpit!). Before last patch I used to make them (yaks3 included) bite the dust easily, using energy combat tactics. No it does not work at all :-(

3) Even La-5Fn dares the P-47 in its speciality!. Flying the Thunderbolt I´ve seen how one of those devils (named la5fn) followed me in a vertical dive (from 5000 to 1000 meters). I reached 890 kmph (in the game flutter effects for la-5fn human controlled appears at 560 kph!), went to a vertical climb and before reaching again my original height started to see traces all around and hitting my plane. Always the same!. How can it reach that speed, pull from dive that easy way and catch me in the climb???!!!. I think something´s wrong here :-{

4) The same happens with La-7 or Yak 3, unless against Dora. It could be more justified in these cases cause they are newer and better performance planes...but La5fn?

I comment all of this cause, from the begining of my FB flying experience, I´ve been always flying the Dora (love that plane) and find great difference between the original FM and the actual one, the same with its natural rivals:La and Yak families. It´s a great plane (for me the best german) with more strong points (velocity, acceleration, gun-stability, firepower..) than weak ones (turn performance).

I wouldn´t want to say (as many people do) they have made now an uber La5 or yak3 or...something like that. But the fact is now my combat rate is 3/7 - 2/8 (la5fn shotdowns/ player shotdowns) and before last pacth 7/3 - 8/2 yes, nearly inverted!.

This is, just only, my game experience after the patch. Hope Madox´s people solve and adjust this in next patch.

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to comment in the forum somethings I´ve noticed after final 1.11 patch regarding to the dora´s, La5fn´s, yak3´s and other planes FMs.

1) Dora´s top speed (m-1944) after last patch, with MW50 enabled, is far below 600 kph (sea level). I think I´ve been only able to reach 570 kph or so. With the original version and 1.1b patch you quickly accelerate to 580-590 kph (sea level).I remember it had an excelent acceleration rate. Now even La5fn ovetakes Dora! :-(

2) La-5Fn out-turn (realistic), out-dive, out-climb and accelerate faster than Dora...poor Dora!. I found discouraging try to shootdown one of them, and they are only IA controlled (can´t imagine a well trained human inside that cockpit!). Before last patch I used to make them (yaks3 included) bite the dust easily, using energy combat tactics. No it does not work at all :-(

3) Even La-5Fn dares the P-47 in its speciality!. Flying the Thunderbolt I´ve seen how one of those devils (named la5fn) followed me in a vertical dive (from 5000 to 1000 meters). I reached 890 kmph (in the game flutter effects for la-5fn human controlled appears at 560 kph!), went to a vertical climb and before reaching again my original height started to see traces all around and hitting my plane. Always the same!. How can it reach that speed, pull from dive that easy way and catch me in the climb???!!!. I think something´s wrong here :-{

4) The same happens with La-7 or Yak 3, unless against Dora. It could be more justified in these cases cause they are newer and better performance planes...but La5fn?

I comment all of this cause, from the begining of my FB flying experience, I´ve been always flying the Dora (love that plane) and find great difference between the original FM and the actual one, the same with its natural rivals:La and Yak families. It´s a great plane (for me the best german) with more strong points (velocity, acceleration, gun-stability, firepower..) than weak ones (turn performance).

I wouldn´t want to say (as many people do) they have made now an uber La5 or yak3 or...something like that. But the fact is now my combat rate is 3/7 - 2/8 (la5fn shotdowns/ player shotdowns) and before last pacth 7/3 - 8/2 yes, nearly inverted!.

This is, just only, my game experience after the patch. Hope Madox´s people solve and adjust this in next patch.

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm sorry but the LaGG and La can't follow you in a dive if you go well over 700kph. The La 7 will break apart very quickly (human controlled one, I didn't try against the AI, maybe those don't break apart who knos).

On the acceleration and speed I totally agree with you. And I may add that the La 7 (wouldn't be surprised if the La 5FN too) have overmodelled climb speed, much superior to the D-9 when it should be about similar, with maybe 1 m/s advantage for the La 7.

I hope they make the Dora accelerate faster, and reduce it's roll rate to a realistic level. But I also sure hope they make a realistic climb rate for the La 7. Right now it's unbeatable except in a dive. And when it breaks apart in a dive you don't even get a manoeuver kill /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Nic

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 12:31 PM
nicolas10 wrote:
- I'm sorry but the LaGG and La can't follow you in a
- dive if you go well over 700kph. The La 7 will break
- apart very quickly (human controlled one, I didn't
- try against the AI, maybe those don't break apart
- who knos).
-
- On the acceleration and speed I totally agree with
- you. And I may add that the La 7 (wouldn't be
- surprised if the La 5FN too) have overmodelled climb
- speed, much superior to the D-9 when it should be
- about similar, with maybe 1 m/s advantage for the La
-
- I hope they make the Dora accelerate faster, and
- reduce it's roll rate to a realistic level. But I
- also sure hope they make a realistic climb rate for
- the La 7. Right now it's unbeatable except in a
- dive. And when it breaks apart in a dive you don't
- even get a manoeuver kill /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
-
- Nic

Thank you mate, I see I´m not the only one disappointed with these problems. I can assure La5Fn will follow you until mach 1. if necessary...altough human controlled turns
in million pieces. They must solve it and put finier limiters to the IA FMs.

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 02:41 PM
AI panes dont seem to be affected by dive speed or blackout which does sometimes take the edge off the game especialy when the la's are already UFO's...

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 08:50 PM
I don't know if the La-5 is overmodelled in climb/acceleration, but against AI isn't the way to check. They fly with different FMs than human opponents.

As to diving - the AI doesn't break up at any speed. But human controlled La-5s break up nicely. I've flown them online and can attest to that myself... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 12:49 PM
AirBot wrote:
- I don't know if the La-5 is overmodelled in
- climb/acceleration, but against AI isn't the way to
- check. They fly with different FMs than human
- opponents.
-
- As to diving - the AI doesn't break up at any speed.
- But human controlled La-5s break up nicely. I've
- flown them online and can attest to that myself...
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Yes I agree. But the only thing I said is they should change/adjust those AI FMs limiters to values more similars to the original ones. I think they are much more realistic.