PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft: Why do you refuse to learn your lesson???!

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 02:57 AM
Straight to the point: QUIT PENALTIES DO NOT WORK. PERIOD. THE END.

All you do is stop your playerbase from participating in the primary function of the game (multiplayer), which disincentives replay and actually drives players to go play something else.

Congratulations, by restricting the natural flow of players to pick and choose who they play the game with (since your actual matchmaking system is absolute ****) you have hamstrung yourselves and your community.

Rhetorical question: Why the hell would I continue to play this trashcan of a game if it bans me for 10-15 minutes at a time for choosing to find a new match rather than stick through the endless frustration of Wu Lin crutching losers meme over me or getting ganked by zergling losers, or ledged by Raitards, Ledgelords, and Ledgebringers?

Answer is: I wouldn't, I'm not gonna stick around to fight bots or play single player after I've already beaten it, if I can't access the primary function of my game because you put an arbitrary restriction, then I'm going to go play something else.

When more and more people do that, you have a population bleed that you can't fix, eventually you bleed population so badly that your game dies because it simply does not have the playerbase to support it. Your total sales #'s does not equal how many people are actively playing (which isn't many at all).

Furthermore this only informs my decision to circumvent your ban by cutting out my connection and every other possible way to spoof your system, because you guys just DO NOT LEARN!

/End Rant :mad::mad::mad::mad:

chukblok
01-31-2019, 03:06 AM
I suggest you either quit or take a break. You'll feel better

p0wn3rki11
01-31-2019, 03:10 AM
Matchmaking penalties are a necessary evil. You having issues fighting a new hero? Learn to counter them. Learn rather than quit. The quitter penalty is there for those of us who actually stick through the match and learn to fight these sorts of people, if you want to leave us, your teammates, and screw US over then you are to be penalized. If the game angers you that much then play another game or go do something constructive. They aren't going to remove this penalty any time soon since it started to fix an issue they had which was people quitting out when they were losing.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 03:35 AM
Matchmaking penalties are a necessary evil. You having issues fighting a new hero? Learn to counter them. Learn rather than quit. The quitter penalty is there for those of us who actually stick through the match and learn to fight these sorts of people, if you want to leave us, your teammates, and screw US over then you are to be penalized. If the game angers you that much then play another game or go do something constructive. They aren't going to remove this penalty any time soon since it started to fix an issue they had which was people quitting out when they were losing.

No, they are absolutely 100% not a "necessary evil". Do you even know why the quit penalty was designed and implemented in the first place? It was Ubisoft passing the buck on the fact that they built and unstable game where every time someone quit or disconnected, the client would potentially disconnect others in the lobby. It was Ubi's way of avoiding responsibility.

However, there are already penalties in place, no steel or exp gain, no stats altered. Quitting a game is quitting a game and people should be able to choose to find better matches when dealing with the ****ty metagame and ****ty behavior from other players.

The penalty gets removed when more people demand that Ubisoft learns from their mistakes instead of consumers like you kowtowing to corporate overreach and ****ty game design. If people quit, let them quit, it doesn't affect you anymore.

Inzzane_79
01-31-2019, 09:53 AM
...... If people quit, let them quit, it doesn't affect you anymore.

Thatīs not true! It does affect us others because we now have a bot on our Team (up for discussion if it affects us in a positive or negative way cause the way you sound my seam is probably better with a bot than you).

As much as I can understand why someone quits when several of the same hero are on the enemy Team, I can and will never understand why someone would quit just because 1 hero is on the enemy Team that is a bad matchup. Grow a pair and stand your ground against that enemy, learn how to fight them.

Yes, WuLins have an advantage over almost any other hero, but they are still beatable. And most players who use them are not really good and rely on cheap stuff like light spamming with the Monk (and that comes from an Orochi main who refuses to light spam, I rather die with Honor than spam lights to win and feel cheap)

LeriiSuitedUp
01-31-2019, 12:51 PM
I think you kind of made his point on saying not only that the Wu Lin have an advantage over pretty much all the other characters, but also that they not only have a lot of cheap gimmicks and annoying stuff but that they're easy to win with. Put them in the hands of a good player and they become what drives people away faster than Conq would now and just like Cent did before. I still wish they would just remove the Wu Lin from the game and it would be instantly healthier, but that's not going to happen so they NEED, I repeat NEED to be toned down. No one likes fighting them for good reasons and it's been far too long that they've gone relatively unchanged.

Kryltic
01-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes there are bad match ups and then there are almost impossible to win match ups.

Try playing as the Centurion vs the Shaolin and you'll see what I mean. So when I end up in a game with 2+ of them I have 0 interest in spending 10-15min getting repeatedly killed because I can't do anything.

The quit penalty doesn't work, it can be avoided quite easily so what's the point? Quitting already means you earn nothing except an auto loss on your win/loss ratio. All it actually does is try to force people to play a match they aren't enjoying... That sort of defeats the point of playing a game you want to have fun with. If you want a quit penalty then go play ranked.

rottmeister
01-31-2019, 02:06 PM
I think you kind of made his point on saying not only that the Wu Lin have an advantage over pretty much all the other characters, but also that they not only have a lot of cheap gimmicks and annoying stuff but that they're easy to win with. Put them in the hands of a good player and they become what drives people away faster than Conq would now and just like Cent did before. I still wish they would just remove the Wu Lin from the game and it would be instantly healthier, but that's not going to happen so they NEED, I repeat NEED to be toned down. No one likes fighting them for good reasons and it's been far too long that they've gone relatively unchanged.

Removing characters just because you don't like them is not an acceptable suggestion. You're basically saying "F**** you" to everyone that bought the expansion and/or repped up the heroes. People have already managed to get rep 60 on a Wu Lin hero. Just imagine what their reaction would be if the character they grinded so hard with just gets deleted.

I don't get how people can just generalize the Wu lin and say "just nerf the entire faction lmao". Tiandi and Nuxia already don't have a lot of viable options. Nuxia is basically an Orochi with a soft feint (that is reactable and has quite some counters) minus the storm rush and undodgeable properties, Tiandi is basically the lovechild of a dodge happy kensei and a toestabbing glad. JJ isn't that good in 1vs1, people hate on him because he's basically an antigank monster and has 20 dmg lights (daddy Vort gets 20 dmg per bash btw). Not saying the number shouldn't be toned down though. And Shaolin is pretty difficult for a lot of people because he has a lot of options.

It has been said before that the Wu Lin heroes didn't stand out in the data except for JJ and that was shortly after release (when his attacks didn't line up with his animations). Just because they're not popular doesn't mean they have to be nerfed. Not saying none of them could use a small nerf, but certainly not all of them.

Just a question: how are the wu lin easy to play: Can you give me an answer on how Tiandi and Nuxia are EZ mode?

The devs have said light spam isn't a problem and others have said that light spam isn't viable. How are the two of them then god tier?

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 02:58 PM
Where do I even start with this. The ramifications of you leaving your team because you are upset, have to leave, salty, angry or for whatever other reason there may be, emotional or not, is devastating. When you leave, we get a bot. Now, in some circumstances the bot will perform better than a player, that's just how that works. Some people are really bad. That aside. In the majority of the cases where someone leaves because they feel like the other team is too strong, don't want to play VS pre-mades or whatever other reason there may be...dooms the team that loses a player will lose the game.

You should get punished for this. Severely. If you leave your team, because you are getting trashed, you should get punished for throwing what could potentially have been salvaged by your presence out the window. You being bad or to extend an olive branch - you being beat by someone else, is not justification of you leaving your team to fend for itself is it?

Imagine you're winning because your team is working together. Now two people who didn't do so well on a personal level leave because they're upset. Now you lose the game. Does that sound fair to you? Because if it does, lord almighty please stop playing the game or give me your Uplay username so i can avoid/block you from existence.

People who leave games, especially competitive games, even if it isn't ranked. Deserve to be punished. Far more severely than they do. The same goes for people who intentionally sabotage games because they're upset with their team mates.

Try hard. Play to win. Or get out.

Simple, isn't it dear?

Now, I give you the benefit of the doubt that you do not do this, and I hope that you see the message even though it may oppose your own. I hope you get better if you aspire to be a better player - and I hope you can enjoy the game the way the other players are.

Thanks.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 03:36 PM
Where do I even start with this. The ramifications of you leaving your team because you are upset, have to leave, salty, angry or for whatever other reason there may be, emotional or not, is devastating. When you leave, we get a bot. Now, in some circumstances the bot will perform better than a player, that's just how that works. Some people are really bad. That aside. In the majority of the cases where someone leaves because they feel like the other team is too strong, don't want to play VS pre-mades or whatever other reason there may be...dooms the team that loses a player will lose the game.

This is speculation, not a guarantee or fact.

You should get punished for this. Severely. If you leave your team, because you are getting trashed, you should get punished for throwing what could potentially have been salvaged by your presence out the window. You being bad or to extend an olive branch - you being beat by someone else, is not justification of you leaving your team to fend for itself is it? No, I really shouldn't be punished for it, and I won't be, because the system is bad and I know how to circumvent it every single time. I've played since Closed Alpha, if a game appears to be unsalvageable, it is, and you can tell very early on. That's the benefit of experience.

Imagine you're winning because your team is working together. Now two people who didn't do so well on a personal level leave because they're upset. Now you lose the game. Does that sound fair to you? Because if it does, lord almighty please stop playing the game or give me your Uplay username so i can avoid/block you from existence.

Yes, it does sound fair to me. People should not be held at figurative gunpoint to continue playing a bad matchup that they don't like.

People who leave games, especially competitive games, even if it isn't ranked. Deserve to be punished. Far more severely than they do. The same goes for people who intentionally sabotage games because they're upset with their team mates. Except they won't be, because the system is circumvented easily. Your impotent outrage over things beyond your control is pitiable. I bet you also think people deserve to be locked up in cages over a plant.

More accurately, Try Way Too Hard, Pay* to win. Or get out.

Simple, isn't it dear?

Now, I give you the benefit of the doubt that you do not do this, and I hope that you see the message even though it may oppose your own. I hope you get better if you aspire to be a better player - and I hope you can enjoy the game the way the other players are.

Thanks.

I regularly achieve a 3.0 kdr and a 70% winrate. Now tell me again how it's a matter of lacking skill? Oh wait, you can't, you're talking out of your ***.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 03:37 PM

This is speculation, not a guarantee or fact.

You should get punished for this. Severely. If you leave your team, because you are getting trashed, you should get punished for throwing what could potentially have been salvaged by your presence out the window. You being bad or to extend an olive branch - you being beat by someone else, is not justification of you leaving your team to fend for itself is it? No, I really shouldn't be punished for it, and I won't be, because the system is bad and I know how to circumvent it every single time. I've played since Closed Alpha, if a game appears to be unsalvageable, it is, and you can tell very early on. That's the benefit of experience.

Yes, it does sound fair to me. People should not be held at figurative gunpoint to continue playing a bad matchup that they don't like.

People who leave games, especially competitive games, even if it isn't ranked. Deserve to be punished. Far more severely than they do. The same goes for people who intentionally sabotage games because they're upset with their team mates. Except they won't be, because the system is circumvented easily. Your impotent outrage over things beyond your control is pitiable. I bet you also think people deserve to be locked up in cages over a plant.

More accurately, Try Way Too Hard, Pay* to win. Or get out.

Simple, isn't it dear?
Eat a bag of d*cks.

Thanks.

I regularly achieve a 3.0 kdr and a 70% winrate. Now tell me again how it's a matter of lacking skill? Oh wait, you can't, you're talking out of your ***.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 03:44 PM
First off. No, it's not speculation, nice try to though. if you lose a team mate, your chances of winning go down significantly.

Yes, you should be punished for rage quitting. Losing or winning it isn't all about you, honey, there are other people out there who also play games.. Winning against you is someone else's fun. You don't just detract from your teams fun, you ruin the entire game for the other team including your own. You should be punished far more severely for leaving a game.

You absolutely should be forced to stay in the game that you queued up for with no ability to leave the game without getting punished for it.

Exploiting ways to circumvent the way the penalty system works should get you banned.

You clearly don't try honey, you abandon your games.

I eat dicks on the regular, I enjoy it, the dicks being eaten enjoy it.

Your KDA doesn't give you justification for leaving your games. Clearly you're salty, I don't hold it against you, at least when I suck, it feels good.

Addendum: Your **** is clearly not that thick.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 03:55 PM
First off. No, it's not speculation, nice try to though. if you lose a team mate, your chances of winning go down significantly.
Or they go up, as you stated before some bots are clearly better than other players.

Yes, you should be punished for rage quitting. Losing or winning it isn't all about you, honey, there are other people out there who also play games.. Winning against you is someone else's fun. You don't just detract from your teams fun, you ruin the entire game for the other team including your own. You should be punished far more severely for leaving a game.

No, you really shouldn't be. I've had people ragequit on both sides of the aisle, it has ZERO effect on my gameplay or anyone elses.

You absolutely should be forced to stay in the game that you queued up for with no ability to leave the game without getting punished for it. No, you really shouldn't be, and punishments won't stick because I circumvent it anyway as do most people.

Exploiting ways to circumvent the way the penalty system works should get you banned. Other than my own admission, prove that I'm not just DC'ing.

You clearly don't try honey, you abandon your games. I abandon lost causes.

I eat dicks on the regular, I enjoy it, the dicks being eaten enjoy it. Gay or Overtly Hetero, either way, irrelevant.

Your KDA doesn't give you justification for leaving your games. Clearly you're salty, I don't hold it against you, at least when I suck, it feels good.

Addendum: Your **** is clearly not that thick.

If your only argument is "Yes you should be punished "because reasons" and petty attempts at insults, then you really have no argument, do you?

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:00 PM
My argument has been repeated again and again. I get that you want to fight for no reason because that's just who you are.

If you leave a game because you're losing or having a bad time. You should get punished for it because you ruin the experience for other people.

If you disconnect so frequently that it affects other peoples games, you should also get punished because your net is so unstable it ruins the experience for other people, and, you are aware of it, yet you do it anyway.

Openly admitting on the forum that you circumvent the penalty system through willfully disconnecting yourself from the internet, should also get you banned.

Honey, you have no case. You work against yourself and you deserve the 15 minutes you get. And if you don't get them I hope you at some point get punished for taking advantage of something by literally disconnecting yourself from the internet, because you're not winning in a video game.

Honey, please. You shot yourself in the foot when you made the thread and now you dug yourself a grave.

Leaving a active game, get punished, like in any other competitive game.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:08 PM
My argument has been repeated again and again. I get that you want to fight for no reason because that's just who you are.
Look who's catching on! My arguments are and have been sound though and you have yet to address them.

If you leave a game because you're losing or having a bad time. You should get punished for it because you ruin the experience for other people. False, most people are unaffected, including myself. Source: I've seen and experienced it on both sides.

If you disconnect so frequently that it affects other peoples games, you should also get punished because your net is so unstable it ruins the experience for other people, and, you are aware of it, yet you do it anyway. So people who bought the game and but live in rural areas or poorer countries should be punished frequently because their locality lacks infrastructure for stable internet. Yeah, that's consumer friendly. /sarcasm

Openly admitting on the forum that you circumvent the penalty system through willfully disconnecting yourself from the internet, should also get you banned. Forums chatter /=/ An offense in terms of the game, and applying bans to the game based on forum chatter has not and will not happen.

Honey, you have no case. You work against yourself and you deserve the 15 minutes you get. And if you don't get them I hope you at some point get punished for taking advantage of something by literally disconnecting yourself from the internet, because you're not winning in a video game.

I'm simply moving on to another match, As I've stated I win 3/4 games. If a disconnect or a quit /=/ an auto-loss then obviously I don't care about the result, what I care about is the actual content of the match, a good fight, not a mechanically cucked one based on gimmicks, cheese, and broken characters and mechanics.

Honey, please. You shot yourself in the foot when you made the thread and now you dug yourself a grave. Odd, the only one who says that is you, as can be seen by this thread and others, there are plenty of people who agree with me.

Leaving a active game, get punished, like in any other competitive game. Most "competitive" games that do this either get circumvented or die, or eventually remove the penalty because the population loss is unsustainable. Not much fault you're too ignorant to acknowledge historical precedent.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:16 PM
If your internet connection ruins the experience for other people, because you frequently disconnect, and you are aware that you do, you should take the responsibility that comes with it. Either, do not play and ruin their experience cause you can't stay online, or do it anyway and take your 15 minutes for disconnecting, you knew the risks.

It is absolutely not false. This argument can also be made for other competitive games. Exceptions to the case does not equal majority, source: I've been there, (see how easy it is to just, say that?)

You are simply moving on to another match, bypassing a penalty system that was created to punish people for leaving games because it's unfair? to move in to another match where you have the ability to do it again and again because you pull the plug? No. This is foolish and you're a fool for thinking this is okay.

People agreeing with you doesn't mean you're right, welcome to the real world.

Overwatch, league of legends, rainbow six siege. Still alive and thriving.

I'm not ignorant, I know what I am talking about.

You don't like being punished because you only think about yourself. I hope you keep getting banned for those measly 15 minutes. If you only left a match "here and there" you wouldn't be complaining but you obviously do it much more than you say you do, in addition to that, you go so far as to disconnect yourself from the internet.

I don't have to argue my case anymore, You've broken your own argument over and over.

I'll leave you with this.

Keep thinking you're right.

You're not.

I hope you get banned and that the time-out goes from 15 to 30 minutes. (Hey guess what, speaking of games that punish you for leaving, Street Fighter 5 and MKX also punish you for leaving and those are 1v1 games. Food for thought)

Thanks for entertaining me at work. I needed someone to laugh at.

Roseguard_Cpt
01-31-2019, 04:24 PM
The only one who seems to not be learning their lesson here would be you, OP. If you leave a match early you should be punished for screwing over your team. You keep leaving matches early and then seem to come here expecting us to sympathize with you. Let it be known that losing a match is just a thing that happens and we all takes L's from time to time. You don't seem to understand that when you ruin other people's experiences and FORCE them to take an L that might not have been guaranteed, YOU are driving players from the game, not Ubisoft and the Quit Penalty.

Maybe it's your selfish naivete that makes it so you don't understand, but the game is not here to pander out wins to you. Seeing your other recent thread is about how to exploit the Quit Penalty I would say that Ubi has grounds to ban you, but at the very least, please consider becoming a Duelist so you don't have a team to screw over.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:27 PM
You only get to laugh at yourself in your foolish anti-consumer rhetoric. You've been cucked by big business by taking a stance against your fellow consumers. I bet you also think immigrants take all the jobs and that locking people in a cage is acceptable because they smoke a plant.

I am right, period.

Rainbow Six Siege, that penalty only applies if you quit Ranked. Overwatch, League, only applies if you quit RANKED and is still easily circumvented.

Disconnecting from the internet isn't an extreme or even lengthy process. It can be done in a few mouse clicks.

Just because you feel impotent and powerless when a person quits a bad match for whatever reason does not mean Ubisoft has the right to implement a punishment to appease your sense of outrage. Even further, I'll gladly help people learn to overcome it just to prove to Ubisoft just how ****ing stupid the penalty is and how pointless it is.

Herbstlicht
01-31-2019, 04:29 PM
Troll post right? OP saying penalty is bad because one needs to select his games and thus he is very strong. I say you are a bad troll dude. When you did any real life sports tournament, whatever the sports, its not you choosing your opponent. Well, maybe in MMA when you are absolutely on top you might get to choose a few .. but besides - they get choosen. And running away nets you penalties there as well. So people tend to fight their fights, no matter if its hard, easy, infuriating or whatever. And if they don't play by the rules, well .. punish, yea.

In my opinion we got a whole bunch of hard gangster kids that just think everything revolves about them and no one else matters. But nothing works this way. For a healthy community, we need a standart ruleset. And this is not unique to For Honor.

Personally, I bow my head to the devs for taking a firm stance here.
No matter the accusations, flames etc. you will throw at people, op, I doubt people will listen to you. Because for you its not about whats best for the game, not about discussing and thinking. You got your opinion and that HAS to be right, no matter what. Thus, your aggressive voice and hateful replies.

rottmeister
01-31-2019, 04:31 PM
I don't mean to interrupt your lovely conversation, but I'm going to have to side with SilkyTofu on this one. People that quit mid match ruin the experience for others and should be punished. I'm not going into detail because I've already done so in other quit penalty threads.

But please, keep it civil guys. It's just an online forum, not a competition :)

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:36 PM
You only get to laugh at yourself in your foolish anti-consumer rhetoric. You've been cucked by big business by taking a stance against your fellow consumers. I bet you also think immigrants take all the jobs and that locking people in a cage is acceptable because they smoke a plant.

I am right, period.

Rainbow Six Siege, that penalty only applies if you quit Ranked. Overwatch, League, only applies if you quit RANKED and is still easily circumvented.

Disconnecting from the internet isn't an extreme or even lengthy process. It can be done in a few mouse clicks.

Just because you feel impotent and powerless when a person quits a bad match for whatever reason does not mean Ubisoft has the right to implement a punishment to appease your sense of outrage. Even further, I'll gladly help people learn to overcome it just to prove to Ubisoft just how ****ing stupid the penalty is and how pointless it is.

The penalty isn't stupid if it keeps people like you out of my games, sweetie. Stop rage quitting and you won't experience the [Your] problem.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:43 PM
The penalty isn't stupid if it keeps people like you out of my games, sweetie. Stop rage quitting and you won't experience the [Your] problem.

It doesn't it wont, period the end. I know how to circumvent it, therefore it is just an inconvenience, adding an extra step rather than letting me use the in game menus to quit.

Lots of people like me know how to quit, and others who need to learn can refer to my PSA post.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:50 PM
If it's not a problem. Why are you complaining about it then? Keep exploiting ways to circumvent the penalty. You'll be found out at some point and then worst comes to worst, at least I hope so.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:52 PM
If it's not a problem. Why are you complaining about it then? Keep exploiting ways to circumvent the penalty. You'll be found out at some point and then worst comes to worst, at least I hope so.

Except I won't be, like I stated in another thread, I'm operating under Ubisoft's own rules, totally legitimately. Circumventing their system by forcing my system to disconnect is not against the rules and certainly not a bannable offense that won't get them sued by a lot of people, and Ubi can't exactly handle more lawsuits, can they?

Rules of the quit penalty are as such: If you disconnect, you get a free pass. I force a disconnect. Simple as that.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:55 PM
Except I won't be, like I stated in another thread, I'm operating under Ubisoft's own rules, totally legitimately. Circumventing their system by forcing my system to disconnect is not against the rules and certainly not a bannable offense that won't get them sued by a lot of people, and Ubi can't exactly handle more lawsuits, can they?

Rules of the quit penalty are as such: If you disconnect, you get a free pass. I force a disconnect. Simple as that.

Keep lying to yourself honey, you're not impressing anyone.

Cyroy95
01-31-2019, 06:51 PM
LMAO get bodied, git gud skrub.

ChampionRuby50g
02-01-2019, 02:59 AM
I don't mean to interrupt your lovely conversation, but I'm going to have to side with SilkyTofu on this one. People that quit mid match ruin the experience for others and should be punished. I'm not going into detail because I've already done so in other quit penalty threads.

But please, keep it civil guys. It's just an online forum, not a competition :)

Nah man youíre wrong. ArchDuke says that most peopleís experience doesnít get ruined by been left with 1 or more bots on their team. The experience is the exact same apparently, well most people seem to agree. Most people donít seem to be on this thread though, seeing how itís only 2-3 people arguing against the quit penalty with the rest arguing for. But apparently most people agree that it doesnt make your gaming experience worse, Arch said it so it must be absolutely true. I find it hard to believe, seeing as thereís actually no evidence that Iíve seen to support this, but Arch is always right and youíre wrong.

RenegadeRasta
02-01-2019, 03:59 AM
They could at least reduce the penalty time. 15 minutes is a bit excessive and a 30 second grace period is to little. Also. Quit penalty should only be applied to ranked, which is more offical than a semi-casual match of whatever.

Ubisoft is so backwards.

Jazz117Volkov
02-01-2019, 08:15 AM
Rules of the quit penalty are as such: If you disconnect, you get a free pass. I force a disconnect. Simple as that.You're exploiting a loophole. You're not clever.

The thing is, I can actually understand how a match could be mostly unaffected by a single player quitting, a player who may not have been very experienced and therefore not much help anyway. This happening in a match that was only slightly lopsided actually has the potential to balance the match--a more competent player could take their place. However, this scenario is the exception and the penalties should not be implemented to support happenstance.

The quit penalty exists to discourage quitting in a general sense. It doesn't discriminate. Holistically, quitting has a negative affect, and somewhere, someone has to pay the price. Typically it'll be the last player in a losing team, because I promise you, when two or three players leave your team, it does make a difference. The only players who don't know this are the players who always quit first. That would be you. You're the guy the rest of us have to put up with, so I don't think you get to sit at this table.

rottmeister
02-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Nah man youíre wrong. ArchDuke says that most peopleís experience doesnít get ruined by been left with 1 or more bots on their team. The experience is the exact same apparently, well most people seem to agree. Most people donít seem to be on this thread though, seeing how itís only 2-3 people arguing against the quit penalty with the rest arguing for. But apparently most people agree that it doesnt make your gaming experience worse, Arch said it so it must be absolutely true. I find it hard to believe, seeing as thereís actually no evidence that Iíve seen to support this, but Arch is always right and youíre wrong.

Edit: Hello Rott from the future here, skip the text under the line, nothing to see here. I suck at spotting sarcasm. Thank you and have a nice day
Since people like to analyze every single word I say so much, I'll do the same thing. Just basing the 'truth' on who said it is absolutely ridiculous. If he says something political, will you still say that everyone else who thinks otherwise is wrong? You didn't specify whether you meant facts or opinions. That's right, apparently opinions can be wrong here since I've been told mine were a few times. Don't get me wrong, he may be an awesome guy, but that doesn't mean he's always right. Has he never said something wrong in his entire life? That's impressive! Don't know what he said or who he is.

I've had bots on my team who didn't get any kills at all in an entire match (dominion and breach), how is that okay? Never has the situation gotten better/remained the same after 1-2 players leave IN MY EXPERIENCE. I'd rather have the guy who can get some kills in in my game than a bot that has no clue what he's doing.

I thought engaging in a forum would be a fun way of meeting new people but just being said that my experiences and everything I say are wrong and being told I should look up what some other guy said in another thread isn't doing it for me.

Yes I'm pissed off. Everyone is analyzing everything I say while I'm trying my best to speak proper English. People just shut me down whether I'm expressing an opinion or trying to engage in conversation. Don't just tell me I'm wrong, say why I am. I'm not taking "because X said it, it's true" as an answer.

Tundra 793
02-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Since people like to analyze every single word I say so much, I'll do the same thing. Just basing the 'truth' on who said it is absolutely ridiculous. If he says something political, will you still say that everyone else who thinks otherwise is wrong? You didn't specify whether you meant facts or opinions. That's right, apparently opinions can be wrong here since I've been told mine were a few times. Don't get me wrong, he may be an awesome guy, but that doesn't mean he's always right. Has he never said something wrong in his entire life? That's impressive! Don't know what he said or who he is.

I'm pretty sure Champion's just being sarcastic here, and he's actually on your side in the discussion. He just used your post as a jab at Duke.

ChampionRuby50g
02-01-2019, 08:52 AM

I've had bots on my team who didn't get any kills at all in an entire match (dominion and breach), how is that okay? Never has the situation gotten better/remained the same after 1-2 players leave IN MY EXPERIENCE. I'd rather have the guy who can get some kills in in my game than a bot that has no clue what he's doing.

I thought engaging in a forum would be a fun way of meeting new people but just being said that my experiences and everything I say are wrong and being told I should look up what some other guy said in another thread isn't doing it for me.

Yes I'm pissed off. Everyone is analyzing everything I say while I'm trying my best to speak proper English. People just shut me down whether I'm expressing an opinion or trying to engage in conversation. Don't just tell me I'm wrong, say why I am. I'm not taking "because X said it, it's true" as an answer.

I was been sarcastic mate. Iím on your side, and ďmost other peopleísĒ side on the quit penalty. Quitters should be punished.

rottmeister
02-01-2019, 09:28 AM
I was been sarcastic mate. Iím on your side, and ďmost other peopleísĒ side on the quit penalty. Quitters should be punished.

I'm sorry, I'm quite an emotional person and I'm crap at spotting sarcasm

Klingentaenz3r
02-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Quitters should be punished.

That's all there is to it. Quitting is anti-competitive it will not help people to overcome their issues and improve, possibly rob themselves on amazing comeback experiences from which they could really grow. There are way too many fickle ppl out there that throw the match in any game that does not go their way from the very beginning. So yeah, toxic behavior like that needs to be punished. I believe it quite fair atm. If there is sth wrong at the beginning of the match you can leave without any problems and any penalty in tact. After that, if you want to quit, you can, but you also take you penalty.

The only issue I have and the exception I would pledge for is when playing with a friend, and he or she gets kicked during the match for whatever reason I would like to receive the option to quit like in the first 30 seconds of the game since my main priority would be to actally play with said friend and it is troublesome of one of us has to wait for the other to either finish the game or wait until the pentaly would not be in tact.

But in order to not exploit that I would rather see a rejoin function for your buddy so that you can back into action. Would also help on single queue when you have a CL during a long breach match.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-01-2019, 09:41 AM

Look at this dude. I clapped him so badly last year that he still needs to insert me into random threads just so he can go on a tangent about me. I almost feel bad for him.

ChampionRuby50g
02-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Look at this dude. I clapped him so badly last year that he still needs to insert me into random threads just so he can go on a tangent about me. I almost feel bad for him.

So is there evidence to suggest that most people do not care if they lose a player on their team and get a disadvantage, or not? I just donít like you going around acting like you talk for the majority of the player base, which you certainly donít.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-01-2019, 10:55 AM
So is there evidence to suggest that most people do not care if they lose a player on their team and get a disadvantage, or not? I just don’t like you going around acting like you talk for the majority of the player base, which you certainly don’t.

Just for the record I've never said anything for or against quitter penalties. Champ was just desperate to talk about yours truly so he inserted my name into this thread at complete random. My current theory is that those brand new 20 damage shield bashes instigated some bad memories for him. Very amusing stuff.

Arekonator
02-01-2019, 02:29 PM
No wonder OP gets 70% WR if he quits every time he is about to lose. Reminds me of cetain "Flower Mystery".

dacinui
02-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Imho penalties don't do anything at all,if i leave (because bots) and i have a penalty i just alt f4 and watch some youtube or play a r6s match and be back.

Han-Singular
02-01-2019, 05:41 PM
False Ubisoft gave you a chance to participate in their Multiplayer.

You Chose to leave a game KNOWING that you would be penalized for it. If you are the last person on the team to quit, there is no penalty.

Stop complaining about being a quitter. Have some resolve to see a game that you CHOSE to join through.

Your not going to win every match and people who quit matches because of that fact deserve to be banned.

When people quit a match they put their other teammates at a disadvantage, so penalizing them for doing so IS a good thing.

If your rage quitting perhaps you need a 15 min ban in order to break off some of that salt build up and come back to the game with a open mind.

UbiInsulin
02-01-2019, 09:02 PM
The bottom line is that there were a lot of threads here (and posts elsewhere) about how many bots were taking up spots in matches before the quit penalty was reintroduced. Now I don't really see them, but I do see the posts that are frustrated with the quit penalty. It seems like we're faced with a tough choice between the two.

I can understand why people are frustrated about the ban after being disconnected make posts about not liking the quit penalty. It's tougher for me to sympathize when it appears that half of the tactics and heroes used in the game make you feel like quitting.

I don't think this has been a particularly useful thread, so I'm going to close it up before it gets flame-ier.