PDA

View Full Version : SOW and Key mapping

T_O_A_D
05-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I was thinking on the drive home,Ya ya dangerous I know, did it anyway.

Has anyone seen or read anything on this?

I'm wondering if it will mirror IL2 with some added features I'm sure.

Or will it be totaly re-thought and re-done?

T_O_A_D
05-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I was thinking on the drive home,Ya ya dangerous I know, did it anyway.

Has anyone seen or read anything on this?

I'm wondering if it will mirror IL2 with some added features I'm sure.

Or will it be totaly re-thought and re-done?

faustnik
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I just want more allowable controllers so, I can have more buttons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

T_O_A_D
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faustnik:
I just want more allowable controllers so, I can have more buttons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, I have problems with mine, once I add a 4th one as is.

ploughman
05-18-2007, 05:25 PM
It'd be 'continuous' of them to retain like for like mapping where possible. Ctr E, for example. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Hanglands
05-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I heard that CTR + E was a reserved keybind for the bomber navigators to pull a map of CenTRal Europe.

(He said, hoping)

carguy_
05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Oleg stated many times previously that he wants to get as most input from IL2 as possible.That being the good ideas and gimmicks that actually,now,work very nicely.

In game world there is one simple rule.If you got the first part right,the second should be all that AND new WITHOUT changing the whole thing.DON`T FIX IT IF IT AIN`T BROKEN!

Current key control system I find very good.I hope the key system will be very similar with few nice additions.
One of the reasons being lack of TrackIR.Snap/Pan view controlling in IL2 and the huge freedom of setting it up is the reason that one does not need TIR to compete effectively.
If say BoB changes the system and I won`t be able to setup my keypad for viewing purposes than it really can be a problem....a show stopper even.I gave up LOMAC because I couldn`t look around.

Personally I`m hoping the control system will be just a copy/paste thing so the transition won`t be anything troublesome.

Key binding system is here and it is very good.

Because,let`s say it loudly - if BoB wants to be succesful it has to be an upgraded IL2 more or less as in using the most out of already used ideas withut totally screwing them up AND adding brand new ones.

The IL2 series has provided such a huge amounts of user input that it`s hard to imagine that BoB won`t use 90% of it.It has to,at least those that even now are perfectly applicable but "ignored" because of lack of time.

Every sim making company IMO should use IL2 as a starting concept platform.The interface and freedom of configuration is IMO one of the major factors of the IL2 series success.

Pollack2006
05-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Yep, keep the key bindings from FB where possible as they are excellent.

Bearcat99
05-18-2007, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carguy_:
Oleg stated many times previously that he wants to get as most input from IL2 as possible.That being the good ideas and gimmicks that actually,now,work very nicely.

In game world there is one simple rule.If you got the first part right,the second should be all that AND new WITHOUT changing the whole thing.DON`T FIX IT IF IT AIN`T BROKEN!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!! That brings CFS3 to mind for sure.... I thought that out of the box it would be at least as good as CFS2.

heywooood
05-18-2007, 07:13 PM
shift+1 for the 109 gunsite? uufff..

toggle gunpods?...

flaps 'combat' 'landing' 'takeoff'...?

I hope there is just enough sameness for familiarity sake and then scrap the rest for improved control.

After flying in a clickable pit - my attitude towards them have changed...not that I would say to make them clickable ONLY - hellsno - but that some of the switches and the trim wheels and such should be clickable AND mapable so you can have the option inflight and not have to have one OR the other.

Bearcat99
05-18-2007, 09:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heywooood:
shift+1 for the 109 gunsite? uufff..

toggle gunpods?...

flaps 'combat' 'landing' 'takeoff'...?

I hope there is just enough sameness for familiarity sake and then scrap the rest for improved control.

After flying in a clickable pit - my attitude towards them have changed...not that I would say to make them clickable ONLY - hellsno - but that some of the switches and the trim wheels and such should be clickable AND mapable so you can have the option inflight and not have to have one OR the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That I could live with... and actually if you had TIR it wouldnt be too bad.. you could switch to mouse mode and assign a key on your stick to L click.

FritzGryphon
05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I'd like it just the way it is now. Just add extra axis and some controls (jettison bombs, weapon selector switches, etc)

I hate how other games have a dozen key commands for the same function. Takes you forever just to bind your favorite keys. (flaps up, flaps down, flaps full out, flaps full in, flaps 10, flaps 20, flaps 30, flaps 40, flaps up 20, flaps down 20, flaps up 30, flaps down 30, flap jacks...)

Daiichidoku
05-18-2007, 10:12 PM
i like it the way it is now, but some things can be improved

one that comes to mind is that id like to be able to have functions toggle on/off

example: instead of one key for open/close dive rec flaps in P 38 (or go229airbrake et al), id like to be able to assign a key for open, one for closed, as from time to time, i unknowingly double tap it, leaving it open, or closing it when needed