PDA

View Full Version : I have a questions about Bot teammates.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-29-2019, 03:18 AM
I have some questions about bot teammates (sorry, couldn't fix the error I made in the title after I posted it and I thought of more questions that might be relevant)

*Attackers on third phase of breach attempting to kill the commander*

I was watching a mix streamer playing breach. He was giving commands through the chat pad on xbox for the bot to go someplace the enemy wasn't while the rest of the team respawned so they could regroup there and take on the commander. The bot completely ignored the chat and ran forward and started killing minions right nexted to three enemies and was ganked to death. The streamer was very frustrated because this bot literally did nothing useful for them all game.
Now the streamer and his teammates were very good at the game as I've actually faced them before in dominion.

So I have three main questions:

1. Do they get a level one bot if the team is too skilled compared to the opposing team? This was a group of three very skilled players against a team of four average skilled players.

2. Since they are a very skilled team does that affect the bots ability to listen to commands? In other words is there a difference between the level 1 both through lever 3 bots ability to take commands?

3. Are you able to give commands through the chat pad on xbox while you are dead to the bots? Will they listen to the command or does it depend on the level of the bot? or will they only listen while your alive? Is it based on vicinity of the player or do they listen at all?

ChampionRuby50g
01-29-2019, 06:25 AM
Bots never, ever listen, but more importantly neither do the devs. It’s been said time and time again that bots are full blown fkn vegetables, but in the 3 years this games been out they have been “working on it” and hope to have an update for us “soon.” The amount of times I’ve personally provided footage of bots ignoring commands as well as in posts, is unreal. I’ve come to the conclusion Ubi either don’t know how to program the bots properly, or just can’t be bothered.

1. I do believe that the stronger the enemy team is, the stronger the bot on your team is. I think it looks at factors such as skill, reputation and that to decide if a bot will be level 3 or not.

2. Nothing should effect the bots ability to process commands. If player skill does actually effect it, that’s beyond game breaking and BS, it’s simply handicapping a team because one player might be really good.

3. To put it simply, the bots don’t listen. They might, for like 5 seconds and slowly strut over to where you commanded them to before deciding halfway they’d rather go stand in the middle of nowhere and do stuff all.
You can give commands through chat when dead, as you can call for a revive and once in a blue moon a bot might come. Highly unlikely. It should not depend on the level of the bot.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Bots never, ever listen, but more importantly neither do the devs. It’s been said time and time again that bots are full blown fkn vegetables, but in the 3 years this games been out they have been “working on it” and hope to have an update for us “soon.” The amount of times I’ve personally provided footage of bots ignoring commands as well as in posts, is unreal. I’ve come to the conclusion Ubi either don’t know how to program the bots properly, or just can’t be bothered.

1. I do believe that the stronger the enemy team is, the stronger the bot on your team is. I think it looks at factors such as skill, reputation and that to decide if a bot will be level 3 or not.

2. Nothing should effect the bots ability to process commands. If player skill does actually effect it, that’s beyond game breaking and BS, it’s simply handicapping a team because one player might be really good.

3. To put it simply, the bots don’t listen. They might, for like 5 seconds and slowly strut over to where you commanded them to before deciding halfway they’d rather go stand in the middle of nowhere and do stuff all.
You can give commands through chat when dead, as you can call for a revive and once in a blue moon a bot might come. Highly unlikely. It should not depend on the level of the bot.
Thank-you for answering my post. I do appreciate it. I don't play breach much but I definitely see how frustrating it was for the steamer. Like he'd command the bot to do something and the bot would run up to the commander then start light attacking him and die super quick.

rottmeister
01-29-2019, 09:59 AM
Having bots as teammates in Breach is one of the most infuriating things about Breach. They burn through respawn tickets, ignore revives (had a bot walk over me at least 10 times), walk into walls and walk up to the commander to get killed immediately. 1 bot puts a team at a big disadvantage, they can cause you to lose the match. I also had a bot use up the last ticket while I was being executed so instead of spawning together with all 4 he denied me my respawn and the chance to help the team win.

Inzzane_79
01-29-2019, 11:44 AM
Breach is a game mode no bots should be allowed. I rather fight solo and lose all tickets myself instead of rage at bots eating those tickets like candy

UbiInsulin
01-29-2019, 08:47 PM
I believe bot level is determined by the average skill of the opposing team.

To my knowledge, different bot level doesn't affect capacity to listen to commands/navigate. It's tied to fighting skill.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-29-2019, 10:12 PM

To my knowledge, different bot level doesn't affect capacity to listen to commands/navigate. It's tied to fighting skill.
Thank you for the response.

rottmeister
01-29-2019, 10:15 PM

I always thought it was decided by the skill of the player that left the match. This is nice to know, thanks!