PDA

View Full Version : Where will the series go next in 2020?

d0vla
01-27-2019, 02:35 PM
I hope it's Viking era. There are so many good things Ubisoft could cover there.

What do you guys think? :)

GameGuru2018
01-27-2019, 05:52 PM
Game industry is overburden with viking theme! Too many games about vikings. Ubisoft, try to find something original! But one thing bother me....historical epochs are not endless. Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Middle East, Far East........... one day it will end. And what will you do? Where will you go? Think about it!

Locopells
01-28-2019, 12:37 AM
Many rumours and speculation. I think the current favourite is a Roman based one, to tie off the so-called Empire trilogy.

Dutchman141
01-28-2019, 02:13 AM
Since the introduction of the new gameplay of Origins and now Odyssey I'm hoping for a new AC game taking place in medieval England or Europe.
Knights, Templars, Archers, Kings and Queens, Jousting tournaments the whole shebang in an open world like Odyssey.
For me personaly a truly great setting for the AC genre.

Japan or China don't realy tick any boxes for me.
The Roman Empire would be cool to but maybe a bit to similar to the Greek setting.

GameGuru2018
01-28-2019, 07:56 AM
Not Rome!!! Will be very similar to Odyssey. May be later! But not after Odyssey. Again Mediterranean! It should be something.........on another continent. Maya or Aztec civilization will be good! (only not like Apocalypto movie. It was sh-t!) https://mensby.com/images/stories/articles/2016/6933/reasons-decline-mayan-civilization-m.jpg

GameGuru2018
01-28-2019, 09:04 AM
For future........Ancient India is very interesting place! It was the richest country. Not like now. There were less population. Even Columbus.....he didn't look for America....he was looking the way to India. With all its religions, cults, fauna, flora, architecture, yoga, tantrics.....It was really another world. Women were walking semi-naked in the streets....it was natural for ancient India. And when moguls came much later they were very surprised - semi-naked women with beautiful breasts everywhere....Moguls banned it. There were cities of tantrics, khajuraho monuments still exists. All tantrics were exterminated. It was genocide. Little groups were hiding in the jungles. Castes division were not so awful like later! What castes meant initialy? We are all different inside. Someone like to fight. He feels adrenaline and joy when he fights. He is a worrior. Psychological type. Someone like to study. He feels evry good when he learn something. He doesn't like fighting. He is a scientists. Someone doesn't like to fight and to study he likes to trade. He is a merchant. That's what initialy meant all those casts. Scientist shouldn't be a worrior if he is a scientist inside. Worrior shouldn't be a merchant if he is a worrior inside. Everyone will be happy in this life if he does what his inner essence tells him to do. Very wise approach. No one is better and no one is worse! We are different. That's what casts initialy were about. But later they were mutilated. Some of them become higher some lower. The idea itself was disfigured. It can be said much and much about ancient India. Very ineresting place. Territory of Empire itself was much larger than modern India. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/British_Indian_Empire_1909_Imperial_Gazetteer_of_I ndia.jpg

Locopells
01-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Since the introduction of the new gameplay of Origins and now Odyssey I'm hoping for a new AC game taking place in medieval England or Europe.
Knights, Templars, Archers, Kings and Queens, Jousting tournaments the whole shebang in an open world like Odyssey.
For me personaly a truly great setting for the AC genre.

Japan or China don't realy tick any boxes for me.
The Roman Empire would be cool to but maybe a bit to similar to the Greek setting.

Ooh, yes - I've polled interest in such a thing before:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1293871-Robin-Hood-game-using-AC-mechanics-as-inspiration

Not Rome!!! Will be very similar to Odyssey. May be later! But not after Odyssey. Again Mediterranean! It should be something.........on another continent. Maya or Aztec civilization will be good! (only not like Apocalypto movie. It was sh-t!) https://mensby.com/images/stories/articles/2016/6933/reasons-decline-mayan-civilization-m.jpg

As for RE being similar, I think that's the point - people are looking at the Ezio trilogy's three-game use of similar assets and expecting a repeat.

flambeau2
01-28-2019, 11:32 PM
I really like the idea of an AC Viking, Mayan or Aztec but what I've always secretly wished is for an AC to take place during the First Civ era with proper modern era gameplay, puzzles etc. But I doubt it will ever happen

TheCool5579
01-29-2019, 04:17 PM
I think where ever it goes it will be PvP multiplayer garbage.The mess that is infecting all good single player franchises. Toxic players and Racists.Each to their own.

UbiSnout
01-30-2019, 02:00 AM
Thanks for sharing! Great read :)

GameGuru2018
02-07-2019, 08:17 AM
If Rome will be the next as continuation of Odyssey.....Gameplay should be developped more! Gameplay is weak. Not so ineresting and exciting as it may be. As it must be in Rome. Rome is more brutal than Greece. Invincible legions had no resistance on their way. Even Britain was a part of Empire (except Scotland and Ireland). No one could challenge Rome. Rome was power. ( Not dollar power like US today) bur military power first of all. Also, very interesting time. War against Carthago, Attila.....Spartacus - the legend. Ancient Rome demands more advanced gameplay than Odyssey! Progress should be obvious. More weapons, catapults, more violence! Similar to Odyssey flora and fauna.....but if everything else and especially gameplay will be the same - gamers will not understand you! https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kabRZfdf9fM/maxresdefault.jpg

GameGuru2018
02-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Rome will be the next as continuation of Odyssey.....Gameplay should be developped more! Gameplay is weak. Not so ineresting and exciting as it may be. As it must be in Rome. Rome is more brutal than Greece. Invincible legions had no resistance on their way. Even Britain was a part of Empire (except Scotland and Ireland). No one could challenge Rome. Rome was power. ( Not dollar power like If US today) bur military power first of all. Also, very interesting time. War against Carthago, Attila.....Spartacus - the legend. Ancient Rome demands more advanced gameplay than Odyssey! Progress should be obvious. More weapons, catapults, more violence! Similar to Odyssey flora and fauna.....but if everything else and especially gameplay will be the same - gamers will not understand you! https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kabRZfdf9fM/maxresdefault.jpg

BladeGh0st
04-30-2019, 04:41 PM
just watch "Vikings" series and you will get more ideas about vikings heroes Ragnar Lothbrok and their god odin,thor loki freya,hamdell , should be add "Raid" mission from Scandinavia to West sails out of the realm of Norse mythology,King Ecbert is the ruler of Wessex,

so watch "Vikings" Series :D

slayerchad123
05-01-2019, 06:21 AM
$10000 it's Assassin's Creed: Rome

slayerchad123
05-01-2019, 06:24 AM
no vikings pls. i played skyrim and witcher 3 and i hate the nord culture bunch of uncivilized barbarians. only rome and king arthur period pls.

GameGuru2018
05-03-2019, 01:07 PM
.... i hate the nord culture bunch of uncivilized barbarians. only rome and king arthur period pls. Is it a joke? Britains were also barbarians for romans! Everyone who speaks incomprehensible language was a brabarian for them. Rome - shining city on a hill. Only romans are keepers of the truth. Only romans know the way and where to lead the rest of the wild and uncivilized world. Does this remind you something? Ancient Rome is not about Rome, it's about us! About our time also. Every country can find a part of ancient Rome in itself. But most of all - US. And when "uncivilized barbarians" break into their country they will still enjoying american football, totally brainwashed, without understanding what is going on! As for Nordic people ...they had their own rich and beautiful culture at that time. Calling them uncivilized barbarians because they didn't let animals rape women in the arena and were not so much perverts is not right.

BladeGh0st
05-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Found this article

Assassinís Creed Ragnarok, and it will be set in the Viking, the main character will be an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok.

https://wccftech.com/assassins-creed-ragnarok-leaked/amp/

JKAC2013
05-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Found this article

Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok, and it will be set in the Viking, the main character will be an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok.

https://wccftech.com/assassins-creed-ragnarok-leaked/amp/
Assassins Creed Ragnarok was proven to be a fake leak.
https://www.gamesradar.com/those-assassins-creed-ragnarok-screenshots-are-fake-but-the-other-details-have-us-thirsting-for-vikings/

But one serious source is the game journalist Jason Schreier. In the last years he leaked every Assassins Creed Title correctly before the came out. About the AC in 2020 he said it will feature Vikings so I think this is the next Time Period the series will go.
https://kotaku.com/odd-tease-in-the-division-2-spills-the-beans-on-the-nex-1833838193

BladeGh0st
06-06-2019, 05:58 AM
if you play back AC BF when hacking Oliver PC you will found :-

patrilineal line:
fifteenth century - Italian Renaissance
sixteenth Century - Ottoman Empire
Eighteenth Century -American Colonies /war for Independence.
nineteenth century - New England and american Midwest

Matrilineal line:
twelfth century - Holy land / Crusades
Thirteenth century -Egypt and Northern Africa
Fourteenth century - Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan
Eighteenth century - France Revolution
Nineteenth Century -Napoleonic Wars;Taiwan
Twentieth Century - "summer of love" American Pacific Coast

Samurai587
06-15-2019, 03:53 PM
Game industry is overburden with viking theme! Too many games about vikings. Ubisoft, try to find something original! But one thing bother me....historical epochs are not endless. Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Middle East, Far East........... one day it will end. And what will you do? Where will you go? Think about it!

Exactly

Persian Empire would be a much better choice to do

GameGuru2018
06-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Samurai,it was written long time ago.....since then there was a "Kingdom" rumour. Developers, if next game is about vikings I want to draw your attention to this fact.....Talking about viking routes basically two direction considered - Eastern route ( to Byzantine and Persia) and Western route ( Western Europe, Britain, Iceland, Greenland, America) but there was third route - Nothern route! Even the name of the country Norway means - northern way. But nothern way to where??? People know about that nothern way from ancient times. Vikings used it also! There are many sories about it in Pomors folklore. Old believes and pagans in Russia used that way to escape christianization, they were escaping to Siberia and further to Alaska. Long before Bering and Columbus. That way also can be in the game....(moreover it's forgotten way) https://s3.gifyu.com/images/ZAPIS_2019_05_28_18_13_14_828.gif

aitria_
06-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Persia for instance where the history of assassins come from? I wonder why they haven't got that one yet. So much history Persians have to offer