PDA

View Full Version : Should we assume the devs have abandoned this game and no patches are incoming?

Frankie_Drums
01-26-2019, 03:12 PM
I've been waiting for the controls to be customizable before buying this game.

I'm not interested in the game team "wanting my feedback" or to be told "they're looking into suggestions". I want a definitive answer.

Will customizable controls be added to this game or not?

UbiMorning
01-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Hi Frankie_Drums! We sincerely appreciate hearing all sorts of feedback from players in the community. Having the option to customize the controls would be a neat change to the game, and would be a great accessibility feature. The feature does not exist in the game currently, but the Starlink team are aware of the suggestion.
Would you be able to specify what options you would specifically like to remap? We would also appreciate knowing what platform you are looking to play on as well.

paulryp
01-30-2019, 10:22 PM
"Having the option to customize the controls would be a neat change to the game"
Erm NO! its actually fundamental change that is nesasery to actually play the game. As there are no refunds on switch. I feel like Ive been robbed! I wont EVER buy another Ubi game ever!.

UbiMorning
01-31-2019, 08:54 PM
I apologize for any frustration I may have caused you paulryp. I did say that it would be a great option as well for accessibility reasons, like you mentioned. The Starlink team is aware of suggestions for customized controls. Do you have any specific customization options you would like to see?

paulryp
02-01-2019, 05:38 PM
swapping anologues option would be great. so you can boost and move at the same time. Others have given some great suggestions in the other controls thread. Again ive shelved this game and hope to return to it one day if it is ever patched!

Frankie_Drums
02-06-2019, 02:55 AM
Hi Frankie_Drums! We sincerely appreciate hearing all sorts of feedback from players in the community. Having the option to customize the controls would be a neat change to the game, and would be a great accessibility feature. The feature does not exist in the game currently, but the Starlink team are aware of the suggestion.
Would you be able to specify what options you would specifically like to remap? We would also appreciate knowing what platform you are looking to play on as well.
I have all three platforms but will probably play on the X1X. Multiple players have complained that you can't steer & boost since you have to take your thumb off the right stick to boost. That's one complaint and I'm sure you've read the rest. I'm assuming that, if no announcement is being made, I can just forget about this title.

Ubi-Rich
02-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone!

I wanted to chime in to say that we’ve always said that more content will be coming to the world of Atlas and that has not changed!

As for the specific topic of keybinding, we don’t want to provide you with an answer that's not true. When we say something is coming we mean that it’s coming and when we say that the team is looking into it, the team is doing just that. As soon as we know one way or the other, we will let you and everyone else know.

In the meantime, both PS4 and the Xbox One allow you to rebind your keys native in their software. Take a look at these two support documents which show you how to do that! Here's the link for PS4 (https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Accessibility-Settings?language=en_US)and the one Xbox (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/customize-standard-controller-with-accessories-app)

Frankie_Drums
02-26-2019, 02:54 PM
In the meantime, both PS4 and the Xbox One allow you to rebind your keys native in their software. Take a look at these two support documents which show you how to do that! Here's the link for PS4 (https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Accessibility-Settings?language=en_US)and the one Xbox (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/customize-standard-controller-with-accessories-app)
You can't remap the "A" button on Xbox, but honestly remapping controller buttons isn't a solution. I realize you're a forum volunteer and not an official spokesperson of Ubisoft, but if someone from Ubi made that suggestion on a title that had more visibility, they'd be shredded apart.

Neilius007
03-01-2019, 05:17 PM
I'm not even sure what the point of these forums are.. I thought they were meant to provide a line of communication from the gamers to the game creators, so we could voice our concerns and give feedback in order to improve the game. This is clearly not the case. There's been multiple calls for revisiting the control scheme in this game, but they have all been met with a patronizing "That would be a neat change, we'll pass the suggestion along!". Four months and 2 major patches later, and nothing. Yes the new patch content is cool and great, but you still have not addressed the controls issue that makes this game unplayable to many! The reply we're looking for is "Yes, we do see this as an issue and it WILL be addressed in an upcoming patch. Thankyou for your feedback!"

Frankie_Drums
05-08-2019, 05:09 AM
Anything yet Ubisoft?

Auld_Jack
05-08-2019, 09:42 AM
The Crimson Moon update provides two new options (these are for Switch but I assume they apply to other consoles as well):

1. You can swap the Fly/Hyperdrive and Boost buttons. That makes it so you can boost (with the R button) while operating the right joystick to steer.
2. You can swap the X axis on the right joystick.

Re #1: in the Crimson Moon racing, the boost is always with the R button, while tricks are always performed with the A button. No customizability there.

Frankie_Drums
05-17-2019, 09:35 PM
The Crimson Moon update provides two new options (these are for Switch but I assume they apply to other consoles as well):

1. You can swap the Fly/Hyperdrive and Boost buttons. That makes it so you can boost (with the R button) while operating the right joystick to steer.
2. You can swap the X axis on the right joystick.

Re #1: in the Crimson Moon racing, the boost is always with the R button, while tricks are always performed with the A button. No customizability there.
Can anyone confirm if this is on the XBox1 or PS4 as well?

Ubi-Woofer
10-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Can anyone confirm if this is on the XBox1 or PS4 as well?

Hey there Frankie_Drums, the Hyperdrive / Boost control swap availability introduced in the Crimson Moon update is applicable to all consoles! This is the same update that introduced fully remappable controls on PC as well. You can read the full patch notes from that update here (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2048057).

I hope that this information is helpful!