PDA

View Full Version : Im feels shugoki rework its nerf

Melikethegames
01-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Feat Hard to Kill:
Damage Resistance when full HP is now 0% (down from 20%)
Damage Resistance when HP is below 130 is now 5% (down from 25%)
Damage Resistance when HP is below 100 is now 10 % (down from 30%)
Damage Resistance when HP is below 70 is now 20% (down from 40%)
Damage Resistance When HP is below 40 is now 30% (down from 50%)

Demon’s Embrace:
Demon’s Embrace can only be performed by pressing Guard Break during a throw OR by cancelling any Heavy Attack with Guard Break.
Has Uninterruptible Stance starting at 500ms and hits as early as 900ms (down from 1200ms) from short range.
Now always heals for 25 (down from 40) and deals 25 damage (down from 40).
The critical health one-hit kill version no longer exists.
Completely now refills stamina on a successful hit.
No longer drains 40 Stamina from the target on a successful hit.
Now costs 35 Stamina (down from 45) and no longer deals damage to the Shugoki on Miss (used to deal 60 Damage).
The bind on a successful hit can now be interrupted by friendly and enemy attacks.
Demon’s Embrace will no longer interrupt opponents during their Revenge Activation.

Health:
HP lowered to 140 (from 160).

why shugoki can not get like its HP lowered to 150 (from 160)

its damn nerf rework shugoki can ubiosft have better idea without nerf shugoki so hard

and im not going play shugoki his still low pick rate and low wins rate its list his still dead heroes give it point to me people

im really sad shugoki got nerf rework

one im can accpet shugoki rework buff its his have now light and heavy have hyperarmor

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-342840-16/patch-notes-v2040

Kryltic
01-24-2019, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure how you feel that it's a nerf total nerf.

He has uninterruptable stance on more attacks than all other characters in the game.

His Hard to Kill feat was weakened but thats to balance out the fact he no longer takes 25% more damage after a guard break or a single hit.

He did lose some health which I disagree with and he did lose some damage/heal on his Demons Embrace (plus the one hit kill) however he no longer takes damage on a miss. It is now quicker and easier to feint into than it used to be. I'd say this, overall is fair. It loses some usefulness in 4vs4 but gains more use in 1vs1.

His zone is massively improved and so are his chained heavies. He has more access to unblockables which always work well with uninterruptable. They are all faster as well.

Kargish1
01-24-2019, 11:01 PM
Shugoki received less max HP to balance out that he no longer takes 25% extra damage and has no health cost on DB.

Illyrian_King
01-24-2019, 11:04 PM
He is stronger then he was without any doubt, but they really took a a bit from essence away. He is a bit more like everybody else now ;b

No longer the tanky machine, but a headbutt into hug abuser. Less HP, no passive hyperarmour and also a standardized hug ... the insta-kill might have been too much, but standardizing it takes a layer of his gameplay away and makes it less interesting.

I hoped for any kind of new attack, to widen his move list, eventhough the new attack animations looks way better admittetly.

Goat_of_Vermund
01-24-2019, 11:15 PM
His relative health is massively buffed, he is more tanky than ever: he will land demon embraces in neutral much more often, which is 25 health regen every time along with a full stamina regen, and he lost all the unfair hp losses on his moves. He has hyperarmor on basically everything, so it will only hurt those people only waiting for hyperarmor guardbreaks. I actually think this rework is kensei level, if you want a really bad one, then there is the new pk.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Soooo does he have an opener or just 500 ms lights to parry and farm revenge off of?

Siegfried-Z
01-25-2019, 12:07 AM
His relative health is massively buffed, he is more tanky than ever: he will land demon embraces in neutral much more often, which is 25 health regen every time along with a full stamina regen, and he lost all the unfair hp losses on his moves. He has hyperarmor on basically everything, so it will only hurt those people only waiting for hyperarmor guardbreaks. I actually think this rework is kensei level, if you want a really bad one, then there is the new pk.

What i understand is that shugo cannot anymore land demon embrace from neutral but only from a softfeint on UB or after a GB.

I would not compare his rework To Kensei one as Kensei has kept his entire identity with his rework and had no nerf at all.

Shugo rework in my mind is closer To Valk one.
As her, he lost a bit of his identity with such no fulltime HA or ability to one shot anyone with a demons while low HP etc .

But with any doubts he is stronger now. Much more stronger.

And now he can be agressive and has some good mixup options which is pretty Nice .

Soooo does he have an opener or just 500 ms lights to parry and farm revenge off of?

Well, his UB is his opener now.

He can do it from neutral or after a light/heavy whatever and now can softfeint his UB in a headbutt or a demon embrace. . Or still hard feint it for gb or lights to counter the dodgers. All that with HA.
This is it.

I think it's gonna be pretty average in duel once people gonna use to it but it gonna be one of the strongest mixup in 4v4 for sure.

Did you see how many demons embrace worked during the Den in the breach fights ? It is pretty solid in group fight.

rottmeister
01-25-2019, 01:07 AM
To me he looks solid, not great, just good. However I can be completely wrong. It seems like he has more ways to pressure an opponent. The fact that he can feint a charged heavy after it becomes unblockable and softfeint it into a DE gives him some mindgames to work with. He used to be parry bait that could only do light + headbutt in 1vs1 and maybe get a cheeky lil' gb -> wall splat for a critical health DE in. 500 ms lights are viable (certainly on console), not when spammed of course. His attacks have hyper armor allowing him to trade with his opponent similar to Berserker. He had to lose some of his health to compensate for the fact that he won't be taking extra damage anymore and his insta kill DE only made Shugo's turtle up and wait for an opportunity to insta kill. I find it a little weird he gets nothing off headbutt, if it doesn't confirm anything, it should do damage imo.

Goat_of_Vermund
01-25-2019, 02:57 AM
Sorry, by neutral, I meant without a wallsplat, without the need to turtle for it, and missing them doesn't cost about 90 health. Realistically, if he lands one per round in duel, his 140 health is already 165 (if some were missing), and he has a realistic chance to land even more. His relative hp is now the highest in the game if we consider this. It was assassin level before the rework.
His headbutt is heavy stamina drain and now start chains. Considering the blind properties and the fact they come out after whiffs, it is a solid tool.
I really think this is a good rework, he will be viable in duels (low A tier maybe), and considering some of his feats, he will be awesome in 4v4.

Dane520123
01-25-2019, 04:25 AM
No idea why you guys take this dudes thread so seriously. Look at his posts, dudes nothing but a Troll