PDA

View Full Version : Any way to play Settlers without optical drive?

Chocolatl
01-24-2019, 09:31 PM
Dear community, dear Ubi,

For years I have enjoyed playing the Settlers 2 and the Settlers 2 - Die nächste Generation (not sure what this is in English …).
When my old Laptop broke down, I replaced it by a new one and this one does not have any optical drive. Now … despite possessing two original versions of "Settlers 2 - Die nächste Generation" (had to buy a second one when I was abroad … :D) I do not see any way continue playing it. There is no way to Register online, there is no "no CD" patch or something … ISO/virtual CD does not help (Securom I guess) ….
And the Internet is surprisingly unaware of this Topic - Maybe I am the only one still playing that game?!

Anyway … can you help me out here? I do not Always want to carry an external optical drive with me, especially not when traveling.

Thanks and all the best
Choco

Rabidmofo3
02-08-2019, 02:31 AM
Never played 2, but the best option would be to purchase the recent re-release, it would be a digital download and has been updated to work better with new computers.

https://store.ubi.com/uk/the-settlers-ii-veni%2C-vidi%2C-vici-history-edition/5be2b34288a7e3b8170265cb.html