PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Smokebomb + stun d/c

Chaos1187
03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
As many of you I am having many connectivity problems with multiplayer, one that has now occurred on three separate occasions is the the combination of my target throwing a smoke bomb down and stunning me, causing me to disconnect from the game.

I'm sure there are others with this issue, and any thoughts on how to fix it would be appreciated.

In addition, any time I close the game it crashes rather than actually closes.

And at times I will be playing and my regular windows cursor will appear causing my to involuntarially minimize the game

Thank you

Chaos1187
03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
As many of you I am having many connectivity problems with multiplayer, one that has now occurred on three separate occasions is the the combination of my target throwing a smoke bomb down and stunning me, causing me to disconnect from the game.

I'm sure there are others with this issue, and any thoughts on how to fix it would be appreciated.

And at times I will be playing and my regular windows cursor will appear causing my to involuntarially minimize the game

Thank you

MoonEyes2k
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Nonono....see, what happens is, when you get stunned THAT badly, even your connection goes unconscious. It isn't a bug, it's a FEATURE!

:P

Lord_Ethcaz
03-26-2011, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chaos1187:

Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What OS are you using? And what kinda system specs do you have? Crashing like that sounds like your system has a hard time running the game...
And what kind of internet connection do you have? Although, I don't think it's the problem, but if you're in a very active LAN, that might cause some random DCs/crashes aswel, maybe?
Make sure you've exited all background applications, stuff you shouldn't be running. Because your desktop suddenly popping up doesn't sound like a game bug, but more an other program that wants to come through - anti-virus software, spyware popups etc.

Chaos1187
03-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Vista 64 bit, I have an 8800m gts nvida card, duo core 1.83 processors and 4 gigs of ram, the internet connection is shaky but i found it odd that on this particular day in three separate games i was disconnected for the exact same thing, which had not occurred in the past.

I am very aware of background applications, the minimization usually occurs because i had some how right clicked on the desktop bringing up the tool box, i'd like to point out that i reset my controls so that right mouse is for walking faster and in part for free running, so its used quite often.

ElleCore
03-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Lol and I thought one of my pursuers quitted after I stunned him.

mmdore
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DannyBoy2k:
Nonono....see, what happens is, when you get stunned THAT badly, even your connection goes unconscious. It isn't a bug, it's a FEATURE!

:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>innovation ftw