PDA

View Full Version : When to expect Closed Beta invitements?

adriankowaty
01-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon,
I wanted to ask when could I expect noticement about invitement on newcoming Closed Beta and additionally how to get noticement if petition to join it (I already sent one before Christmas) got approved or not? I study my mail post (which I sent in petition) about incoming notifiications from Ubisoft, but apparently nothing had came as for yet. I then worry if my petition was denied and if I won't join Closed Beta anytime soon.
To clarify: my account is properly verified, I bought Anno 1800 in November in steam store and have it on steam library already, though without option to download as it is not time of release yet. I have sent petition to join Closed Beta and register option says that I am registered, so I have to wait until noticement.
Pardon if I disturb you in important workload and thank you in advance for answer,
adriankowaty

Ubi-O5
01-23-2019, 02:46 PM
Heyo,
we'll send out the invites for the Closed Beta sometime next week, so you can rest your F5 Keys for now.

Just a few things i want to communicate clearly because i see a few people wondering:
The Closed Beta is different from our Focus Tests
Focus Tests require the E-Mail application that you can find here (https://www.anno-union.com/en/playtests/)
You will not get a confirmation email unless you are invited to one of the focus tests. As long as you don't get an error sending the application, we've received it.
Alle you have to do to be considered for the coming Closed Beta is to log into the Anno Union with your existing Uplay Account.
Or register with a new Uplay Account if you don't have one (If you write on these forums, that means you have a Uplay account).
That's it, nothing further is needed. :)

adriankowaty
01-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Thank you for quick answer.

attenzionee
01-27-2019, 10:12 PM
There is an "Anno 1800 Beta Test" Icon in my uPlay Account. I played the technical alpha. Does it mean i got an invite?

Ch0ky98
01-28-2019, 02:36 PM
There is an "Anno 1800 Beta Test" Icon in my uPlay Account. I played the technical alpha. Does it mean i got an invite?

I got it aswell.

But i think that's just because they are using the technical alpha client as Beta client now.
But you can't use it unless you get the real invitation, which are coming this week.

STAR_LORD_x
01-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Will you guys ANNOunce when the close beta invites are been sent? I haven't still received anything yet, I believe invites are sent to us 2-3 days before the beta starts, for preloading the game. And i already deleted the technical test game files, i assume those files are not compatible (please say anNO)

Napoleon231187
01-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Looks like some keys have gone out to Youtubers for free to promote the game

Letís hope they donít forget there paying costumers 😝😜😋

silvare
01-28-2019, 10:00 PM
So my friend is in the Beta and sent me an invite earlier today. I haven't received it yet though, does anyone know if there is a delay on friend invites going out? Really looking forward to it! :D

Cyberblitzbirne
01-28-2019, 11:50 PM
Hi folks. I've been accepted to the beta, but how do I invite my friends to the beta? Thank you!

SpaceWeaver97
01-29-2019, 03:06 AM
I have a similar issue with the friend invites, been sent the invite, however the email still hasn't popped up for it yet. Im guessing just sit tight and itll show up soon enough?

Der-Zerberster
01-29-2019, 12:03 PM
I have a similar issue with the friend invites, been sent the invite, however the email still hasn't popped up for it yet. Im guessing just sit tight and itll show up soon enough?

i have the same problem

KWAiRT
01-29-2019, 02:45 PM
I've played every Anno since 1404 / Dawn of Discovery and own them all on multiple platforms including all DLC and no invite? Really? Hell I even tried to get streamers who missed 1404 / Dawn of Discovery to go back and stream it because it set the bar. Anyways good luck with the game.

Madprofe55or
01-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Hi Ubi-O5,

Have all of the beta invites for this coming weekend been sent already? I'm just wondering if I should still be expecting an email or not at this point.

Also, are those who were invited to the last testing phase invited to this one? *crosses fingers* I was invited to the last one, but unfortunately wasn't available to play much of anything during that time so I didn't get a chance to test much.

Scania-Lady
01-29-2019, 06:01 PM

Have a look to this thread: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1985167-I-can-t-invite-my-friends-because-of-a-broken-link

K_Whitey
01-30-2019, 03:44 AM
For reference, you should also just check uplay. I found on the main screen I had the option to preload the beta (as of 30 Jan 2019 - 1340h Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time).

Madprofe55or
01-31-2019, 01:09 AM
For reference, you should also just check uplay. I found on the main screen I had the option to preload the beta (as of 30 Jan 2019 - 1340h Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time).

Thanks for the tip. I have checked and it's in the "Expired" section of my game library, with no option to pre-load. Now, I have access to the closed beta forum (link is in the UPlay game page for Anno 1800), and from what I've read that means I am in the beta. I'm just wondering if that's true for sure. Any insight would be helpful, but it's possible that I will just have to wait until the unlock time (I'm in US-East) tomorrow to find out for sure.

Madprofe55or
02-01-2019, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the tip. I have checked and it's in the "Expired" section of my game library, with no option to pre-load. Now, I have access to the closed beta forum (link is in the UPlay game page for Anno 1800), and from what I've read that means I am in the beta. I'm just wondering if that's true for sure. Any insight would be helpful, but it's possible that I will just have to wait until the unlock time (I'm in US-East) tomorrow to find out for sure.

That's a no, apparently. It still just has Anno 1800 Closed Beta in my UPlay library, but as "Expired". However, I can access the beta forums. I will just post there for a definitive answer from one of community people.

Madprofe55or
02-01-2019, 01:38 AM
That's a no, apparently. It still just has Anno 1800 Closed Beta in my UPlay library, but as "Expired". However, I can access the beta forums. I will just post there for a definitive answer from one of community people.

And never mind again. I actually don't have sufficient access to do that, or even reply to a post. I guess that means I was not invited for sure, but it would be nice to have one of the Ubi people respond with a solid answer.

tamilynn0909
02-01-2019, 03:44 AM
I am having the same issue. I have it in my library from being an alpha tester but no change to the "Expired" status... Can't post on the beta forums either, but can view them....