PDA

View Full Version : Bring back hand motion control on Kinect?

littlesiha
01-22-2019, 11:06 PM
Hey guys!

I think it would be awesome to bring back the ability to control the menu with your hand on Xbox with the Kinect. I know that you can say "Just Dance" to start a song, but it works very sporadically. If it doesn't work, I have to start the song with my controller and then throw it quickly out of the way haha.

Or even just making the voice recognition better to start the song. It would help a bunch!

I'm happy to provide any videos of clips of me trying to start songs by saying "Just Dance" over and over and over again. :p

Thanks for an awesome game!!

greekphysics
01-23-2019, 06:06 PM
It's funny when you think you said "Just Dance" clear as day and it doesn't start, and then another time you have a coughing fit and it starts the dance when you totally aren't ready. However, the voice control works fairly well for me, especially when I speak slowly and with a little authority. When I don't think about it and speak naturally, sometimes it doesn't pick me up. But imagine dancers with a thick accent or a speech impediment. I can imagine how an alternative like hand motion would be handy.

I'm guessing the hand motion from JD 2015 received numerous complaints. But what the Just Dance team needs to realize is that they don't have to make unilateral decisions for or against features like hand control. Just Dance needs to have more options. Right now you can turn pictos and lyrics on or off, but otherwise there are very few options. Surely, hand control could be one of those options.

I don't use voice control when I use PS4, and it's a pain to have to set the controller down where I won't step on it. I learned how to time it just right so it still knows which dancer slot I'm selecting and I don't miss the beginning of the song, but bending down to set down or pick up the PS4 controller sometimes causes detection issues, so it's not ideal. I use voice control with Xbox, and enjoy not having to use the remote (but I had to deactivate Cortana because she kicked me out of a tournament once, mistakenly thinking I was trying to ask her a question).

But if you want to have fun, try saying other 2-syllable words or phrases and see if the dance will start. Mustache! Cut pants! No chance! It's hilarious to see what crazy expressions will start the dance.

Ubi-RealDude
01-28-2019, 03:07 AM
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'll be sure to make a note of it and pass it along to the team.

As always, thank you for the info and advice, greekphysics!

Otherwise, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game!