PDA

View Full Version : Honorable Brawls

iAurelia
01-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Could you make separate Brawl mode, perhaps Ranked Brawls that would be set like 2x 1v1?

The map would be separated into 2 parts by some objectives like barrels, bricks, whatever.. blocking the way so no one could join the other person fighting. If one member of each team died, the objective would fall apart and the people who are left could attack each other

Also, revenge would be disabled.

Here's a little sh*tty drawn image what it could look like so you get the image..

https://imgur.com/a/8GyO6Tv

Feedmeyourcows2
01-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Honestly? Completely pointless. Brawls mode is 2v2s, not 'two seperate 1v1s'

Just play duels

iAurelia
01-22-2019, 11:45 PM
I bet a lot of people want to play brawls as separate 1v1s as brawls with their friends

The.All.Father
01-22-2019, 11:51 PM
I bet a lot of people want to play brawls as separate 1v1s as brawls with their friends

U know what i miss in 2v2? a real 2v2. When i said that it will be real 2v2 (christ, i even have to say it) my teammate said that he will wait till the opponents kill me. So he let them gank me. It happened to me many many times. 3 days from now i didn't face not a ONE match when somebody wanted real 2v2. So i don't know why u want this when it is common :P and ffs pls, don't call it honorable. Where is honor in watching your teammate dies, doing nothing to help him? It is some kind of whiteknight bs thinking, not real one.

Inzzane_79
01-23-2019, 08:32 AM
The honor would be to help your Buddy and not let him die so you can maybe get another kill for your statistics ;)

Tyrjo
01-23-2019, 05:52 PM
I think it's a good idea to make an "honorable brawl" version and a "true brawl" version. That way there would be no salt the way it is now. If you wanna go true 2v2, play True Brawl. If you want 2 x 1v1 play Honorable Brawl.

Tundra 793
01-23-2019, 06:55 PM
I think it's a good idea to make an "honorable brawl" version and a "true brawl" version. That way there would be no salt the way it is now. If you wanna go true 2v2, play True Brawl. If you want 2 x 1v1 play Honorable Brawl.

Brother, there will always be salt.

I'm not sold on this idea. Seems like a lot of work, to please a few people.

EvoX.
01-23-2019, 07:19 PM
The mode is named ''Brawl'', not '"Double Duels''. It's meant to played like a team fight.

I recommend doing what I do and just play like the others play. You can't enforce your playstyle on others, but there are plenty of people who prefer to play two 1v1's anyway.

EyeIash
01-23-2019, 07:59 PM
You can't enforce your playstyle on others

Yet you claim brawl is meant to be played by the assh*le way. :thinking:

Tundra 793
01-23-2019, 08:04 PM

That's a bit harsh. He's objectively correct; Brawl is meant to be played as a team fight, otherwise barriers would already be in place.

But he also goes on to say that plenty of people are already playing Brawl the way the OP likes it.

Playing either way is fine with most players right now, but calling one way the "assh*le" way isn't called for.

Velentix
01-23-2019, 08:36 PM
My take on it is that if the two teams agree to the 2 1v1s then its fine. If there is no such agreement and your teammate refuses to participate, then report him for it. I see no reason to make a separate version of brawl to force multiple 1v1s. If you want that, then play duels or elimination, if that mode still exists, honestly I dont know. Its the same problem as dominion. A lot of people there should be playing skirmish not dominion because they dont care about playing the objective, they just want a group fight.

Tundra 793
01-23-2019, 08:39 PM
If there is no such agreement and your teammate refuses to participate, then report him for it.

If I understand you correctly; you cannot report a player just because they're playing the game differently from how you like.

Reporting is reserved for players who cheat, exploit or harass.

The.All.Father
01-23-2019, 10:43 PM

******* WAY hahahah maybe don't fight at all. Maybe send flowers to your opponent while watching your teammate - a person who's life u should concern about - dies. It is a fighting game and a mode designed to work together. I cannot imagine what is in heads of people who call it honor to wait till your opponent kills your teammate. Lets pretend it is a real battlefield and u meet 2v2. Let's even say u fight as 1v1 x 2 for a moment. Your HP symbolize wounds u have (sometimes u can see the fcking cuts on chest which in real life could easily be lethal. You end your fight and u have 0,5 bar of HP - u are nearly dead. Now u wanna wait till the teammate and opponent fight stops risking his life and risking your life? I know it is only a game, but where is honor in this? If using your advantages is not honorable then if u played conqueror and spammed somebody to death cause he played LB for example is also no honor. It is so fcking stupid to me.

The.All.Father
01-23-2019, 10:50 PM
If I understand you correctly; you cannot report a player just because they're playing the game differently from how you like.

There is a section for "Nuisance behavior" and this is EXACTLY what u should click while reporting that piece of crap player, who rather watch u be ganked than play the mode as it is supposed to be. The other case is that they probably won't care about it. They will ban u only for this scary f-word. The only agreement between your team and opponent team should be that u decide that u wanna fight two separate duels. It should come naturally that u help each other. I mean, ffs maybe lets play Dominion as 1v1 x4 and nobody should disturb such duel or he will be called unfair xD

Velentix
01-24-2019, 07:56 AM

I don't know how it is on console, but on pc there is a specific section for inactivity/not participating. I would assume it would fall under that, but I'd probably have to double check the different things you can report for.

Usually I would agree with you on not reporting players for playing the game their way, but in this case the player is playing (or not playing) specifically against the mode they are in. 2v2 is still a team mode, and just watching your team die while doing nothing productive imo makes it a reportable offense.

If they want a tournament style duel mode with no loading screens, they can get some friends together, and do a custom match for it; no reason to ruin the match for someone who specifically decided to play brawl for a 2v2 experience. Granted if ubi wants to make a 2 1v1 mode if its popular enough, more power to them. My reason for being against it is that there is already a custom match mode, and elimination mode, and I'd rather have the for honor team focused on balance than new game modes. Maybe once the original cast have finished their rework.

LEGENDz_31
01-24-2019, 01:07 PM
I like playing both ways but stick to honorable because I don’t want to be the bad guy in the situation. I feel at the very least give us a way to communicate our intentions in the preset messages. All they would have to do is allow us to throw out a “honorable” or “dishonorable” at the start of the match. If you get 3 other honorables or ok’s you know what to expect. If someone says honorable then ganks at least you know they are a **** rather then just trying to play a true 2vs2.

ytrecvbnm
01-24-2019, 02:02 PM
I usually let the other 2 finish it out, unless the 2nd member jumped in for the other team previously.

I only play the mode for challenges, but have seen teams do it both ways.