PDA

View Full Version : Asian Spell feedback

SOSolacex
01-22-2019, 08:15 PM
It'd be doubtful that you'd implement something new, but to be honest I'd love for the asians to have a spell to create swamps.
The biggest issue I found with Asians, both in multiplayer and singleplayer is that their rice production is just very limited compared to every other faction.
Sometimes there isn't even a swamp area for the asians to even grow rice in the first place, basically being an auto-loss due to the fact that you can't promote the units.

All other factions basically have a very easy ways to create more than enough manna.

Again, I do believe it was said that nothing new was going to be added unless very much necessary, but I believe that Asians definitely need some more support regarding this issue.

Either creating swamps with geologists or a spell would be great.

Ubi-Thorlof
02-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Hey SOSolacex,I get what you mean, the Asians are far more dependant on favourable locations for their already expensive mana production than other factions.
However, we're not planning to add any new features to the games.
One reason is the development time, another the need to test this feature and make sure the game is still balanced. Finally, the game being a biiiiit older already, for our devs to "get into" the old code takes a lot more time.

We're planning to fix several bugs and issues in the The Settlers games, including part 3, but new features like this are not on our list right now, sorry :/

SOSolacex
02-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Maybe something very small like a slow mana income based on small temples?
Or an even smaller change like increasing the speed of rice production?

Either way, it's shame but I can understand. Cheers.