PDA

View Full Version : Big fan of Far Cry, but will sit this one out...

Virtual-Chris
01-21-2019, 08:39 AM
I loved Far Cry 2 through 5, although for me, 3 and 4 were the best of the franchise. In FC5, the auto-capture stuff and the ridiculous levels of distracting encounters every 50 feet was just too unrealistic. Far Cry 3 and 4 were full of adventure, offered a world you wanted to explore, and immerse yourself in, and we’re truly open worlds. They were awesome.

This looks like Mad Max goes to the carnival and while all the press is touting the colour pallet as being inviting, it looks garish, childish, and gaudy to me. The weapons made of junk have no appeal either.

I’m going to sit this one out and continue playing Ghost Recon Wildlands which has taken over as the best shooter I’ve ever played.

I hope this is just a one-off title like Primal (which I also skipped) and hope the franchise returns to its roots in the next iteration.

Anyone else feeling similar?

Flanker1Six
02-04-2019, 12:59 AM
The jury is not in yet (for me)----but I'm leaning towards your position for the same reasons. :(.

MikeWeeks
02-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Will not acquire this title at full price in any event. Truly disappointed in the direction Ubisoft has decided to take the Far Cry series. So disappointed in what they did in 5.
I also have discovered Ghost Recon Wildlands, and it's replaced FC as my preference for a shooter in current titles.

LaMOi
02-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Agree with your comments about FC5.

FC5 could have been decent. But it was too easy (apart from stupid on rails segments), the random events and wildlife frequency was just ridiculous.

But seriously — I highly recommend FC PRIMAL, when played on SURVIVOR MODE it finally gave meaning to a lot of FARCRY’s gameplay systems and mechanics and made them an essential part of the gameplay loop. The hunting especially. More so than any other FARCRY game.
Interestingly on SURVIVOR mode they greatly reduce the density of the animal population which makes hunting more challenging but far more involved and exciting.

FC5 did away with so many immersive features. Skinning animations, Wolverine style health regeneration.

It was very disappointing.

GameGuru2018
02-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Developers, make more addons like Primal or New Dawn and use it as experimental platform! Otherwise will be hard to determine what is suitable and what is not for the game. Only our walk through the game will show good it or not. Hard to say offhand! Testing ground is needed.

LaMOi
02-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Here’s quite a good preview....

https://youtu.be/M9xfjP4dbDE

There’s a part of me that wants this game to be really good. Part there’s a part of me that wants it to fail. Ubisoft I think have increasingly a decidedly lazy model of churning out game after game, by simply recycling much of the same content.

The one thing that gives us hope is these ‘experiments’ are extended a slightly longer leash with regard to trying new things, because if the game fails, well it’s not the proper ‘proper’ FARCRY......

Sparhawk122
02-14-2019, 09:18 AM
This will be the first Far Cry game I don't buy.

I've played every Far Cry game with Far Cry 1 through to 3 being my favourite installments. They were more mature and serious toned. Games made for adult gamers that fits the ESRB of the game as children are not supposed to play these mature rated games.

Their ridiculous pink and forced diversity direction in USA Montana is mind boggling. Their take on a post apocalypse and what kind of people would rise in that type of world is also comical to the point of being revolting.

The hideous looking female NPCs are also a massive indicator of what agenda they appear to be pushing ("my face is tired" - Mass Effect Andromeda).

They have the artistic freedom to develop this game... Fortunately people also have the freedom not to buy a product that shoves politics down their throat. 😎

Flanker1Six
02-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the review link LaMOI! I checked it out--hadn't seen it previously---so gleaned some new info/impressions from it. The expeditions look kinda cool! :)

PriceyMank19
02-15-2019, 03:37 AM
Play the game you mad man. It's good ****, light a joint and trip out. They actually pulled it off this time, the theme fits. Never seen pink look so ****ed up covered in bodys before, its good trust famalam. Bunch of fun, got nore of a grind to it as well