PDA

View Full Version : 3 Day ban for criticism about JJ

Phenoloth
01-20-2019, 03:44 PM
Yes I've got recently a 3 day ban from game for criticism and flaming about JJ in in-game chat.

I can't understand why I'm getting a complete ban from the game rather then getting ban from chat.

I recognize the policies and I am very disappointed about this treatment.

Instead of banning customers maybe deliver balance updates more frequently to serve a good game experience in order to prevent toxicity...

Please bring back chat disable function.

Thanks.

iAurelia
01-20-2019, 03:57 PM
So you admit to being toxic, but you still complain about getting banned... umm what?

The staff decides what type of ban you deserve for being toxic, if you can't behave like a human being, you don't deserve to play with others.
I doubt they banned you for 'criticism', more likely for attacking the person behind the screen and telling him to kill himself, that would suit better for a ban

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 04:03 PM
You are not alone man. I've been banned for a criticism and insulting a GAME HERO. Censorship at it's finest. I am laughing so hard when they ban someone for SAYING things. It is only a game, and if someone can flame me by destroying me with bash spam, then spam emote just to humiliate me (cause he is playing conq and i dont have chances as raider for example..) and he won't face any punishment, than why i will face it, when i will criticise a game hero in some tough words? It is ridiculous that everybody feels so offended on the internet... I think such situations are pathetic, but ok. Ban me for good - this game will die anyway if they will censor the language instead of fixing the game ;)

NickyNoNeko
01-20-2019, 04:05 PM
Using the game flaws as an excuse for being toxic against people, interesting

EyeIash
01-20-2019, 04:07 PM
If you claim you don't have chances as raider against conqueror, please retake tutorial.

Phenoloth
01-20-2019, 04:08 PM
So you admit to being toxic, but you still complain about getting banned... umm what?

The staff decides what type of ban you deserve for being toxic, if you can't behave like a human being, you don't deserve to play with others.
I doubt they banned you for 'criticism', more likely for attacking the person behind the screen and telling him to kill himself, that would suit better for a ban

If I did that I'd not be that dumb and come post in a public forum.. and I would not even tell anyone. Seriously my flame was only about JJ not even mentioned any player directly or personally.

Halvtand
01-20-2019, 04:13 PM
1. If you can't chat in a calm and collected way you get banned, this is all in the terms that you've agreed to to play the game.
2. If you recognize the policies then you have nothing to be disappointed about, this should have been expected.
3. No matter how well balanced a game is, some people will still act badly, thus the ban policy. Don't blame your problems on others.
4. You can turn your chat off from the options menu if you feel that other people's conversations is too much for you to handle.

If you get frustrated from playing, take a step away from the game. Don't act like a PoS in chat.

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 04:16 PM
Using the game flaws as an excuse for being toxic against people, interesting

Hm, If someone is using the game problems to humiliate and flame u, what behaviour is that? For example, playing at high ping, spamming bash, turtling, spamming emotes and using "git gud, ez" quotes. He won't be punished, cause he did nothing wrong right? I think this behaviour is far from being ok, but i am ok with that. I am not fine with giving a ban (for game) for pointing these things out using forbidden F-words, or even worse - criticise the game heroes (poor chars...). If i don't wanna listen to somebody i just mute him.

EyeIash
01-20-2019, 04:20 PM
If you're toxic you always deserve ban, it doesn't matter what made you toxic, the characters, poor balance, other player's behavior, it's always up to you whether you ignore it or respond in a toxic way like a complete idiot. You choose the second way, therefore you got banned, rightfully

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 04:25 PM
1. If you can't chat in a calm and collected way you get banned, this is all in the terms that you've agreed to to play the game.
2. If you recognize the policies then you have nothing to be disappointed about, this should have been expected.
3. No matter how well balanced a game is, some people will still act badly, thus the ban policy. Don't blame your problems on others.
4. You can turn your chat off from the options menu if you feel that other people's conversations is too much for you to handle.

If you get frustrated from playing, take a step away from the game. Don't act like a PoS in chat.

Yes u are right. But my conclusion is that, the problem is gone if only u are being toxic in a legal way. Still i think that for writing ****, they should ban for chat, not for a game ;)

Phenoloth
01-20-2019, 04:30 PM
Exactly what I was trying to point out. Ban me for ever from chat I wouldn't care but not from the game... I didn't cheat neither did I manipulate my connection.

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 04:32 PM
If you're toxic you always deserve ban, it doesn't matter what made you toxic, the characters, poor balance, other player's behavior, it's always up to you whether you ignore it or respond in a toxic way like a complete idiot. You choose the second way, therefore you got banned, rightfully

As i wrote to the Halvtand. The problem is gone if only u are being toxic in a legal way. That doesn't prevent the game from being toxic full :) and pls, i won't even bother explaining to u, wise guy that raider is highly weak compared to conq...

Phenoloth
01-20-2019, 04:43 PM
Whatsoever im not going to use in-game chat anymore except in party chat. I'm punished enough..

I played several other games since two days and I'm not getting any satisfaction tbh.. maybe it was a necessary experience..

Enjoy the game guys and have a nice
sunday. 😉🤗

EyeIash
01-20-2019, 04:56 PM
And I think that the ubisoft staff should decide what kind of ban you deserve

You see, if you are toxic towards someone, he can leave the game and not turn it on in the next 3 days because he'd be disgusted by players like you, so yes, i definitely think if you are toxic in extreme way you deserve to be account banned

Phenoloth
01-20-2019, 05:24 PM
I don't know if that is the appropriate way of solving issues of the game.. I respect the decision because I'm punished for sharing my opinion about a specific hero but I don't agree with an account ban for a chat thing. If my chat is the problem take it away if my playing (cheat, ping abuse etc) is the issue ban the account.

Halvtand
01-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Yes u are right. But my conclusion is that, the problem is gone if only u are being toxic in a legal way. Still i think that for writing ****, they should ban for chat, not for a game ;)

Legal... As there are no proper laws specifically against being "toxic" we have to use the rules set by the people in charge, ie the developers of the game. These rules are agreed to by everyone before the game can be installed. As being abusive in chat is against the Code of Conduct for the game there is no "legal" way of being toxic in the chat. As the punishment for breaking the CoC is a ban that is the proper punishment for the "crime".

For arguments sake. We have here a player that has broken the rules of the game, rules that the player has agreed to. As the guy in charge, why would you let that player keep playing?

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 05:32 PM
And I think that the ubisoft staff should decide what kind of ban you deserve

You see, if you are toxic towards someone, he can leave the game and not turn it on in the next 3 days because he'd be disgusted by players like you, so yes, i definitely think if you are toxic in extreme way you deserve to be account banned

Hm, but we are not talking about the toxic way i am poiniting out. I definitely think that if u are not using the chat option "properly" u should be chat banned. U point the trash talking, which disgust people. What about ez, git gud, which also disgust people but it is legal? What about flaming people with spam emotes which is also legal? I am not saying that trash talk is ok, but why u are game banned when u use game as u should (u dont cheat ect). I am disgusted when some spamming conq noob say git gud to me, and who cares? Nobody. And it should have been this way. If i am not pleased, I turn off chat. It is funny cause i bet that the emote spamming Players are reporting me for trash talk and yeah, i am stupid for doing this, but pls don't call them a victims :P

Archeun
01-20-2019, 05:40 PM
I've been banned for telling someone to f*** themselves. We live in a era in which sticks and stones are now far less hurtful than words. I mean we have an entire generation of people who need safe spaces during elections and support animals to fly on an airplane. We truly live in an age of tough people and the truly mighty mentally.

Tundra 793
01-20-2019, 05:46 PM
I've been banned for telling someone to f*** themselves. We live in a era in which sticks and stones are now far less hurtful than words. I mean we have an entire generation of people who need safe spaces during elections and support animals to fly on an airplane. We truly live in an age of tough people and the truly mighty mentally.

If you told someone to go **** themselves in a bar, you'd get punched. Seems fair that speaking like that to another person online gets you banned.

This whole argument has nothing to do with safe spaces, it has to do with how we communicate with each other. The anonymity offered by online gaming completely changes how some people interact with others, for the worse, because they believe there's no consequences.

Which is why bans like these work, and should remain in place. To show that are consequences to how you talk.

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 06:03 PM
Legal... As there are no proper laws specifically against being "toxic" we have to use the rules set by the people in charge, ie the developers of the game. These rules are agreed to by everyone before the game can be installed. As being abusive in chat is against the Code of Conduct for the game there is no "legal" way of being toxic in the chat. As the punishment for breaking the CoC is a ban that is the proper punishment for the "crime".

For arguments sake. We have here a player that has broken the rules of the game, rules that the player has agreed to. As the guy in charge, why would you let that player keep playing?

I will skip the part when i have to explain what i meant by "legal" and how much i didn't mean real legal (i already gave an example) ...
For the arguments sake. I think that giving a game ban for writing is too much. He broke the specific rule by not using chat properly, and he should be punished properly - which in my opinion is chat-ban, cause FFS trash talk is not a big deal, and i feel this is overreact.

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 06:09 PM
If you told someone to go **** themselves in a bar, you'd get punched. Seems fair that speaking like that to another person online gets you banned.

This whole argument has nothing to do with safe spaces, it has to do with how we communicate with each other. The anonymity offered by online gaming completely changes how some people interact with others, for the worse, because they believe there's no consequences.

Which is why bans like these work, and should remain in place. To show that are consequences to how you talk.

So what are the consequences ? He gets banned for 3 days. He is back and he will NEVER use the F-word right? I didn't see any comment which suggest to NOT ban. Why cannot he feels these consequences by not being able to trash talk again? (ofc if he will continue to do it). I feel it is overreacting for some random talk which nobody should care.

Tundra 793
01-20-2019, 06:22 PM
I feel it is overreacting for some random talk which nobody should care.

None of us get to decide the threshold for when trash talking or criticism goes too far, Ubisoft does, and they've the bar at a reasonable level I feel. And they've done that to discourage flaming and toxicity.

You might feel this is an overreaction, but that's because you're so far removed from the incident it's impossible to comprehend its impacts.

Whatever you write online, it's easy to forget that there are other humans at the other end of your game. Those people are different from you, and they might not be able to handle anything you write. Sometimes parents play with their kids, and don't want to expose their children to whatever online gaming throws at them.

Sometimes people have terrible days, their boyfriend/girlfriend leaves them, a friend dies, their dog gets sick, they got chewed out by their boss. And the hop into a game to unwind, and process their day.
The last thing these people need, is someone telling them to go **** themselves because they played the game wrong by someone elses standards.

When you cross the line, a line that should be pretty obvious, you suffer the consequences. I can only hope that the OP is among those who can understand why he was banned, learn from it and move past it.

Moments like these are chances to better ourselves, not find excuses to justify your actions.

Vakris_One
01-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Because not being able to control your emotions and going apes***t at someone over the internet is "truly mighty mentally"?

The.All.Father
01-20-2019, 07:06 PM

None of us get to decide the threshold for when trash talking or criticism goes too far, Ubisoft does, and they've the bar at a reasonable level I feel. And they've done that to discourage flaming and toxicity.

You might feel this is an overreaction, but that's because you're so far removed from the incident it's impossible to comprehend its impacts.

Whatever you write online, it's easy to forget that there are other humans at the other end of your game. Those people are different from you, and they might not be able to handle anything you write. Sometimes parents play with their kids, and don't want to expose their children to whatever online gaming throws at them.

Sometimes people have terrible days, their boyfriend/girlfriend leaves them, a friend dies, their dog gets sick, they got chewed out by their boss. And the hop into a game to unwind, and process their day.
The last thing these people need, is someone telling them to go **** themselves because they played the game wrong by someone elses standards.

When you cross the line, a line that should be pretty obvious, you suffer the consequences. I can only hope that the OP is among those who can understand why he was banned, learn from it and move past it.

Moments like these are chances to better ourselves, not find excuses to justify your actions.

Come on Man xD he pointed out that he trash talked about JJ. If u have a bad day, the World won't bow to u i am afraid. If u wanna prevent kids from seeing what is happening in online gaming, turn your chat off, or report that - and he should get chat ban to prevent such situations (i accept it, but for me it is pointless). I dunno why kicking this guy from the game for 3 days is better than chatban him. Another case is when u ban people for saying that JJ is cancer and another is when u say that u should die from cancer. This is what i mean by overreacting. But as long as there are tools to show u lack of respect and "humiliate" u (as i said, emote spam, ez pz, git gud - no ban for this), i consider banning for trash talk as useless. People are different as u said, and for someone trash talk is nothing, but such small ez pz BS is much more frustrating. And i am noone to decide about this, just giving my thoughts and if Ubi will want, they will perma ban for f-Word, but i am free to say that it is stupid.

UbiInsulin
01-21-2019, 01:54 AM
Closing this thread as it's not going to a great place.

@OP, I don't want to speculate on whether or not you deserved your ban, because I am not familiar with your case. But the game has a Code of Conduct that we do try to enforce.