PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought about raising steel rewards?

iAurelia
01-20-2019, 03:17 PM
As the title says, do you have any plans for raising the steel rewards at the end of the match, or the orders we get every 3 days? For people who don't have much time, such as myself, It takes too long to unlock one hero, or even a new execution, Sometimes I don't even have time to complete daily orders, because - life -

The daily orders grant 800 Steel together, and are easy to complete which is fine, but contract orders are usually hard to complete with ridiculously low rewards.

e.g. 150 Steel for capturing 20 zones in dominion, which takes approx 8 games if you are not farming it directly in A.I matches
100 Steel for getting 18 takedowns in duel match which takes minimum of 6 matches if you win all of them
150 Steel for getting 24 takedowns as a class you sometimes don't even play
You get me

50 Steel for dominion match, regardless of the performance and outcome of the match
about 100 for Breach it also pretty low, considering that you usually spend over 20 minutes in the match, so the reward equals 2.5 A.I dominions matches, which would be like 3x faster

What I'm trying to say it that people who aren't directly farming steel in A.I and want to play for fun or challenge have much harder time gaining steel. For example for a casual like me it takes over a month before i can afford one ******* mask for my favorite character.

I think the whole community would be thankful if you raised the rewards at least a little (e.g. based more on performance than just time) especially people who work or have excessive amount of work they have to do for school.

EyeIash
01-20-2019, 03:25 PM
lol I mainly farm steel in A.I dominion and trust me it still takes ridiculously long time before you can afford something, they rely on customers buying steel in the store, but I ain't paying sh*t after spending 100e on the gold edition, 30e on marching fire and another fkin 30e on year 3 pass

edit: Also, the champion status should double the xp, not raise it only by 40%, the xp boost is the only reason people are buying it but only for 40% it's too expensive

allenhollow
01-20-2019, 03:29 PM
yeah i agree

iAurelia
01-20-2019, 06:19 PM
yeah well i don't want any big changes, just to raise it a bit, when the quest it difficult you should be rewarded with a decent amount of steel, not by something you earn by playing 2 dominions

EyeIash
01-20-2019, 06:28 PM
They should do it like this

For each 100 renown you have at the end of PVP game you should get 20 more steel in the total reward
For each 100 renown you have at the end of an ai game you should get 10 more steel in the total reward
For a win in PvP game you should be rewarded by 40/50 more steel
For the first win of the day you should be rewarded 100 or 50 steel or 750-1250 xp for the hero you were playing
For a PvP Duel win 40/50 Steel (not 28 like now, lol)

This would be enough to make you not feel like you're getting **** on by ubisoft

DoctorMcBatman
01-20-2019, 09:20 PM
No. They want you to spend real cash on Steel.

EvoX.
01-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Hah. Increase steel rewards? That's a good one. Haven't you seen that stream where they announced the double steel event? Damien was practically about to cry to the thought that players will get a bit more steel for 3 days. If the grind for steel wasn't maddenning, you wouldn't consider buying steel packs - that's their mantra.

If there is one thing you, and everyone else can be certain about, it's that they will never, ever increase steel gain.

Elhantas
01-21-2019, 08:45 PM
And here i'm sitting playing that 1 char i like, having bought every single execute, max armor rating, ornament i like, emotes for both out of combat and in combat. Even bought that damn end game screen cringe pose just because i couldn't figure out where to put the steel. and i'm still sitting at 41k, with 70 loot boxes.

Play the game, do your dailies. Choose a frikin main.

Like, a PROPER main, not like one of those: 'Im maining <insert a char you're not offended with>' 'Oh cool, show me' *next round whips out his rep 5 conq while having 76 total reps*

Jeez i've seen this so many times...

Edit: Also, i have a strict 'Don't spend real cash on a game you already bought' policy

bannex19
01-21-2019, 09:30 PM
They should just make champ status baseline. It's a crappy feeling way monetizing this game.

EyeIash
01-22-2019, 11:46 PM
And here i'm sitting playing that 1 char i like, having bought every single execute, max armor rating, ornament i like, emotes for both out of combat and in combat. Even bought that damn end game screen cringe pose just because i couldn't figure out where to put the steel. and i'm still sitting at 41k, with 70 loot boxes.

Play the game, do your dailies. Choose a frikin main.

Like, a PROPER main, not like one of those: 'Im maining <insert a char you're not offended with>' 'Oh cool, show me' *next round whips out his rep 5 conq while having 76 total reps*

Jeez i've seen this so many times...

Edit: Also, i have a strict 'Don't spend real cash on a game you already bought' policy

No one wants to be a OneTrick, that's scum of every playerbase

The.All.Father
01-22-2019, 11:58 PM
No one wants to be a OneTrick, that's scum of every playerbase

No one wants to be? I have a feeling that 90 % of Conqs and Wardens want exactly this. I don't even remember a Conq which was not abusing his SB.

Vendelkin
01-23-2019, 02:21 AM
Honestly steel rewards should be increased just on principles of inflation. not dollar amount inflation that not what I mean.
But the value of steel is decreased in a way because of the amount of contents and cost of content in the game.

At the beginning the most expensive thing you could get was 15k steel. Now it mask outfits at 20K steel. Mythic to Mask
(15000 -> 20000)

New characters cost less steel than the newest ones now do, and that price has continued to rise.
(8000 -> 10000 -> 15000)

The newest emotes and executions have gone up in price massively.
(3-5000 -> 7000 -> 10000 with limited time 10000s...)

Newer ornaments almost always are in the 5000 range or locked behind a mask/mythic outfit.

Effects are the only aspect of the game that have not directly increased in cost (always been 5000)

Addition of signatures which is nice, but is honesty just a time-wasting feel good about yourself stance screen. post game menu already took too long by itself. That said I do like the win screen on breach at least.
(0-5000)

Content has become more pricy, but the way to earn rewards per day/week has not increased at all.
This is the inflation im talking about. There is more to pay for than ever, prices have risen for the same amount of digital content, but steel gains have not changed to accommodate.

Tundra 793
01-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Content has become more pricy, but the way to earn rewards per day/week has not increased at all.
This is the inflation im talking about. There is more to pay for than ever, prices have risen for the same amount of digital content, but steel gains have not changed to accommodate.

I raised this exact point over a year ago, but nothing happened.

You're absolutely right though. The base amount of Steel income we get for playing should have increased a long time ago. It's absurd that there's an overwhelming amount of new things to buy, but zero new, or improved means to earn them.

RenegadeRasta
01-23-2019, 10:08 PM
If only we could sell our gear.

Jazz117Volkov
01-24-2019, 03:16 AM
To be fair, some of the older stuff has had a permanent price drop. I'm not saying more steel shouldn't happen, but I think prices have reached further on both ends.

In terms of more steel, what I think could work is if your steel reward increased incrementally for staying in the same lobby (each match you complete in the lobby gives you a multiplier). Not sure what a fair upward limit would be, but we do need to mitigate this 5 minute search between every match. A small incentive to stay could help.

Vakris_One
01-24-2019, 02:21 PM
To be fair, some of the older stuff has had a permanent price drop. I'm not saying more steel shouldn't happen, but I think prices have reached further on both ends.

In terms of more steel, what I think could work is if your steel reward increased incrementally for staying in the same lobby (each match you complete in the lobby gives you a multiplier). Not sure what a fair upward limit would be, but we do need to mitigate this 5 minute search between every match. A small incentive to stay could help.
With team shuffle now in the game I've seen a lot less people staying on for consecutive matches compared to before. I guess nobody wants to be put on the losing team for the next match? Whereas before people tended to stay so they can try to whip out their A-game and win the next match.

There used to be more of a spirit of "let's get focused and show these guys we can win the next match." because the more you fought the same guys the more you learned their patterns. Nowadays though it seems everybody just wants to be on the winning team and doesn't want to be shuffled into the losing team so they just leave after they get a single win. I don't think a steel multiplier will change this mentality.

Inzzane_79
01-24-2019, 03:14 PM
They could put in stuff like challenges (or whatever you want to name it). Stuff like "kill 100 minions for 100 steel", "ledge 5 heroes for 50 steel", "parry 100 attacks for 300 steel". Only for pvp modes! Would be to abusabel/farmable in pve. But then we would have players only killing minions in dominion because they are working on the challenge......so scrap that idea lol