PDA

View Full Version : Altair having all fingers in trailer

worsecuve
08-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I bet you ubi is not lazy it is just a memory of Altair before he had his finger removed. DUH!

worsecuve
08-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I bet you ubi is not lazy it is just a memory of Altair before he had his finger removed. DUH!

NewBlade200
08-19-2011, 10:00 PM
No, clearly Altair has a super regenerative ability so instead of 5 o'clock shadow he gets 5 o'clock finger and has to shave it every day.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Doubt it. if his finger isn't cut he can't use his blade, and all of his sequences involve lots of combat/assassinating. He only had too many fingers in one scene, I think that one was filmed before they had his character model finalized.

Xanatos2007
08-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Seems Ubisoft is more inconsistent than the Bible.

kriegerdesgottes
08-19-2011, 11:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Seems Ubisoft is more inconsistent than the Bible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure which bible you are reading nor why a comment like that was necessary in a forum like this.

naran6142
08-19-2011, 11:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Doubt it. if his finger isn't cut he can't use his blade, and all of his sequences involve lots of combat/assassinating. He only had too many fingers in one scene, I think that one was filmed before they had his character model finalized. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that he will still be able to use his blade open handed

swiftkinfe
08-19-2011, 11:31 PM
I found it odd they would need to do that I have 2 hiddenblades myself and I don't need to remove my fingers.Or that even nobody thought to raise the base until Altair.

LH 517704 46137
08-20-2011, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V-rex1986:
I found it odd they would need to do that I have 2 hiddenblades myself and I don't need to remove my fingers.Or that even nobody thought to raise the base until Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was also used more as a ritual to prove your allegiance with the assassins, and by the time of Ezio becoming an assassin the ritual had changed to a branding of the assassins symbol on the finger that would normally get cut off

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 12:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Doubt it. if his finger isn't cut he can't use his blade, and all of his sequences involve lots of combat/assassinating. He only had too many fingers in one scene, I think that one was filmed before they had his character model finalized. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that he will still be able to use his blade open handed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that too. He did that a whole bunch in the normal AC1 animations, it's just when he was unsheathing it stealthily he clenched his fist. I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape about the animations. They'll be unique compared to Ezio's, since he doesn't have the hookblade.

Krayus Korianis
08-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Um guys... Alta´r has his finger cut... Watch the video from 8:34 on and look closely.

Yes, that's his finger missing from his hand.

Mikatsuki95
08-20-2011, 01:37 AM
By the time the game comes out he wont have his ring finger (even if he does have it in this demo). I mean Altair having his ring finger is a mistake too big to keep in the game in my opinion.

Krayus Korianis
08-20-2011, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
By the time the game comes out he wont have his ring finger (even if he does have it in this demo). I mean Altair having his ring finger is a mistake too big to keep in the game in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never saw him have all 5 fingers on his left hand in the demo. I counted 4.

Mikatsuki95
08-20-2011, 01:50 AM
read the parenthesis

Krayus Korianis
08-20-2011, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
read the parenthesis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am clarifying for everyone else. Alta´r has four fingers, (well really only 3 fingers and one thumb).

Ubisoft hasn't made a mistake at all on the amount of fingers Ol' Alta´r has.

BioPulse.ps3
08-20-2011, 02:19 AM
in the trailer it's clear he has 3 fingers + 1 thumb

http://f.cl.ly/items/3Z3v3X382r2Z0q2a3F2f/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2010.13.16.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/1j1C3F1s0o0a3S1U1J02/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2010.16.03.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/0Q010A3e0I2V1x2d152R/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2010.24.11.png

Locopells
08-20-2011, 04:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Seems Ubisoft is more inconsistent than the Bible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure which bible you are reading nor why a comment like that was necessary in a forum like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a turn of phrase I imagine - if you've ever actually studied THE Bible, which I have for my degree, then you will know that the New Testament Gospels in particular differ a LOT from each other over the same stories and accounts of events.

As I said, I imagine a turn of phrase only, no need to flame and have the mods lock this thread over something that any Bible scholar will tell youů

Turkiye96
08-20-2011, 05:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BioPulse.ps3:
in the trailer it's clear he has 3 fingers + 1 thumb

http://f.cl.ly/items/3Z3v3X382r2Z0q2a3F2f/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2010.13.16.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/1j1C3F1s0o0a3S1U1J02/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2010.16.03.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/0Q010A3e0I2V1x2d152R/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2010.24.11.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you, see this shows that the actual in game altair play will have 3 fingers and 1 thumb so when we play thats what we get but they made a mistake, when you look extreamly carefully at around 1.08 in the trailer you can just see altairs thumb ( and he already has 4 fingers) which means they made a mistsake on that, and even so if i am wrong there should atleast be a gap where his ring finger used to be, a simple mistake, and not too worring and it was only for the trailer

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 05:13 AM
The scene where you see Altair with 5 fingers may be because it is actually Ezio in Altair's skin. Of course we aren't suppose to know that.

Because the scene is set in Constantinople, Altair us unable to be there so they just used Ezio in Altair's skin and shot 2 scenes and mirrored them.

Turkiye96
08-20-2011, 05:34 AM
exactly, thats what i thought too!

Mr_Shade
08-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Seems Ubisoft is more inconsistent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>or maybe it's a glitch in the matrix...oooh

BioPulse.ps3
08-20-2011, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:

thank you, see this shows that the actual in game altair play will have 3 fingers and 1 thumb so when we play thats what we get but they made a mistake, when you look extreamly carefully at around 1.08 in the trailer you can just see altairs thumb ( and he already has 4 fingers) which means they made a mistsake on that, and even so if i am wrong there should atleast be a gap where his ring finger used to be, a simple mistake, and not too worring and it was only for the trailer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://f.cl.ly/items/2K1W2Y0a0Y451U0j081b/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2014.26.57.png

this is what you are referring to, and you are right, but i dont think we should get held up on this kind of things.

SPOILERS sort of, in the single player footage from gamescom when the altair sequence starts he has 3 fingers + 1 thumb all the time.

SPOILERS for the images as well, it's just altair, but someone might consider it spoilerish.

http://f.cl.ly/items/09082Y2e3f0Q3w2d0u3B/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2014.30.45.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/2D1O3F3Q001L3h272l1K/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2014.33.35.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/2x0m152g0V0h1l113Z3P/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2014.34.44.png

Mr_Shade
08-20-2011, 07:24 AM
argh spoilers!!

lol
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BioPulse.ps3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:

thank you, see this shows that the actual in game altair play will have 3 fingers and 1 thumb so when we play thats what we get but they made a mistake, when you look extreamly carefully at around 1.08 in the trailer you can just see altairs thumb ( and he already has 4 fingers) which means they made a mistsake on that, and even so if i am wrong there should atleast be a gap where his ring finger used to be, a simple mistake, and not too worring and it was only for the trailer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is what you are referring to, and you are right, but i dont think we should get held up on this kind of things.

SPOILERS sort of, in the single player footage from gamescom when the altair sequence starts he has 3 fingers + 1 thumb all the time.

SPOILERS for the images as well, it's just altair, but someone might consider it spoilerish.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
His left hand is not clear enough to determine that not one of those 4 visible fingers is a thumb and since we can only see 4 of them, I'd say there's no reason to assume they didn't leave out his ringfinger.

Jexx21
08-20-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
His left hand is not clear enough to determine that not one of those 4 visible fingers is a thumb and since we can only see 4 of them, I'd say there's no reason to assume they didn't leave out his ringfinger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would make sense if it wasn't obvious that the image is a mirror because his hidden-blade is on his right hand and the fact that the area around him is also a mirror.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
His left hand is not clear enough to determine that not one of those 4 visible fingers is a thumb and since we can only see 4 of them, I'd say there's no reason to assume they didn't leave out his ringfinger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would make sense if it wasn't obvious that the image is a mirror because his hidden-blade is on his right hand and the fact that the area around him is also a mirror. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm you're right. His bracer is also on that hand. I stand corrected.

BioPulse.ps3
08-20-2011, 09:18 AM
http://f.cl.ly/items/2D0X3S0x2R3y1q1A1g2s/Screen%20Shot%202011-08-20%20at%2017.15.54.png

AdmiralPerry
08-23-2011, 03:23 PM
It could be Ezio in the Altair skin, but the Altair skin also has the ring finger removed, remember? Good catch on the mirror shot; can't believe I didn't see that myself.

Calvarok
08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
It's totally a trailer-only mistake. A lot of these scenes for gameplay trailers are shot early in development, and have mistakes. Obviously they hadn't gotten around to removing his finger from his character model at that point in time.

Mic_92
08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
As it was said, it's probably a glitch.
During the part where it switches between Ezio and Altair running with their back turned to the camera, Ezio has no vambraces and the hidden blades are just attached to his robes.

Randy 355
08-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Isn't there a preorder bonus for Ezio in Altair's Assassin robes? They wouldn't screw something that simple up. I'm almost certain that the five finger Altair is really Ezio.

Cpt_Yanni
08-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Or maybe it was just a memory before his finger was cut? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif NO?

SevketErhat
08-24-2011, 05:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Croson-5:
Isn't there a preorder bonus for Ezio in Altair's Assassin robes? They wouldn't screw something that simple up. I'm almost certain that the five finger Altair is really Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same
check here (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/20251838/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html)

SpyderNynja
08-24-2011, 07:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
Or maybe it was just a memory before his finger was cut? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif NO? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You JUST beat me to it.

Isn't it obvious?? Come on people, this was the FIRST thing I thought.

"Altair has all ten fingers...OH, that probably means we get to see how it was removed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif "

Putting money on it being how he becomes a Master Assassin.

persiateddy95
08-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Also, remember that the appearance of the characters can change a bit until the final product. Same thing happended with PoP: TFS. The Prince still changed alot since the trailers and stuff.

Krayus Korianis
08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SevketErhat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Croson-5:
Isn't there a preorder bonus for Ezio in Altair's Assassin robes? They wouldn't screw something that simple up. I'm almost certain that the five finger Altair is really Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same
check here (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/20251838/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Alta´r outfit has a finger cut...

And it most likely will be available on the Uplay Action/Win section.

RzaRecta357
08-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Ahh. They just got lazy for the trailer.

Ezio's hidden blade is just hanging on his sleeve without a bracer in a few scenes too.

SpyderNynja
08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Ahh. They just got lazy for the trailer.

Ezio's hidden blade is just hanging on his sleeve without a bracer in a few scenes too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the only thing that bugged me about the trailer visually. That looked awkward as hell.

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Altair will at no point in the game be supposed to appear WITH his finger. The very first mission has him using the hidden blade, and fingerless.

Randy 355
08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SevketErhat:
I was thinking the same
check here (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/20251838/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Alta´r outfit has a finger cut...

And it most likely will be available on the Uplay Action/Win section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well in that image yes, but that image looks like the one for brotherhood, except with a beard. I have money that the Ezio Altair robes in Revelations will be updated graphically like Altair's, and will have Ezio's revelations face along with the additional finger. Ubi wouldn't mess that up.

samward
08-25-2011, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
No, clearly Altair has a super regenerative ability so instead of 5 o'clock shadow he gets 5 o'clock finger and has to shave it every day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LaCava1
08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Ugh, if Altair's Robes skin is a preorder bonus...

Ugh.

I usually use the Altair Robes after I beat the game, for free-roaming, side missions, and DLC.

IT HAD BETTER AT LEAST BE ON UPLAY!