PDA

View Full Version : Minion kill animation yes/no

Gastgrinder
01-18-2019, 04:46 PM
look title...

Honey_Badgerik
01-18-2019, 05:29 PM
As a shugoki, warlord, and raider player I say hell yes. So hard to kill mass minions now

CravenExtrez
01-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Yes

rottmeister
01-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Geez' everyone is hopping back on the 'bring back minion kill animations' train. The thread says it's a poll but it doesn't give me the option to vote.

Anyway

YES

Unlike people may think I'm not against them. I just am a sceptical person.

UbiInsulin
01-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Thanks for creating this thread! It doesn't sound like there's plans to bring the animations back based on what we said on the Warrior's Den (Pikemen take more than one hit to kill, and we want uniformity across modes), but I'll keep letting the team know there's demand.

rottmeister
01-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Thanks for creating this thread! It doesn't sound like there's plans to bring the animations back based on what we said on the Warrior's Den (Pikemen take more than one hit to kill, and we want uniformity across modes), but I'll keep letting the team know there's demand.

I have a question. How come you can only execute captains in Breach and not in Squirmish or Arcade? I just wondered because you talked about achieving uniformity across all modes.

Orisoll
01-19-2019, 04:46 AM
I know at least two people who stopped playing Dominion entirely because of this. 0/10. still the worst change to date.

MrSupahDood
01-19-2019, 06:42 AM
We don't care about the stupid Pikemen multi-hit nonsense and we also don't care about "uniformity." Just plain smacking them around with our weapons is just too darn boring! The game is painfully monotonous enough already with how every single fight is so repetitive and heavy on the Fighting Game mechanics, it feels like a multiplayer version of Soul Caliber or Injustice, but with less impactful lore and story to it; For Honor's current multiplayer modes are very repetitive and get very old after a while for those of us who don't like PVP and only play casually. It's all of this sameness, lack of meaningful variety in game modes for noncompetitive players, and the lack of content that would make this feel more like an actual war that each player is supposed to be part of that played a huge part in making me decide to stop playing all together, with what happened to the minion animations being the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

The minion kill animations made for great stress relief and drove the point across that the heroes are unique badasses in their own right, whose might and skill, shown in their techniques as they wipe out multiple minions at a time, show how superior they are compared to the lowly minions. These animations also gave the heroes their own unique flares in a sense: it helped make each of them stand out more in their own unique ways that made them more interesting. By taking them away, the team essentially took out a very important part of the game's combat system that was one of the most fun things to do and the way I see it, it's why For Honor was put in the Action genre along with the Fighting Game genre. Now, all I see is the Fighting Game part and that's not a good thing at all.

The main reason I bought For Honor was for both the minion-killing animations and the hero vs. hero combat system. For Honor is now missing something that made it worth purchasing for those of us who normally dislike Fighting Games and I'm tired of the team making excuses as to why they won't bring them back. Heck, if they brought them back and expanded on the minion-killing part of the game along with expanding upon the usage of the animations for something that could be considered kind of like Dynasty Warriors but with badass animations when killing minions, For Honor would be an even greater spectacle than it ever was in the past! For now though, I'm sad to say that my copy of the game is just going to keep sitting there, collecting dust until For Honor regains its fun-factor.

Tatsu147146
01-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Definitely bring them back for Dominion I don't care if they can't (or won't) do it in Breach, it was awesome to see the way they cleared the minions in Dominion.

CravenExtrez
01-19-2019, 05:24 PM

Some characters are more efficient in doing their job.

BreadedSam
01-24-2019, 04:37 PM
Why can't Ubisoft see it is frustrating it's own player base with this change that no one wanted.

Bring back minion animations, even just for Dominion and even leave out the Wu Lin if you must.

Blindjackal
01-24-2019, 04:40 PM
No

Qaneo
01-24-2019, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it was awesome!

I loved watching the Highlander straight pick up a minion by the throat and toss them like they were a rag doll.

MrBeave
01-24-2019, 05:36 PM
There is actually a "no" vote? Must be from one of the Dev team

rottmeister
01-24-2019, 07:25 PM
There is actually a "no" vote? Must be from one of the Dev team

You can't expect everyone to have the same opinion. If everyone has the same opinion then there's no use to having an online forum.

Even though I don't think they're a big deal, I'd like to see them back.