PDA

View Full Version : Why feats are bad for the game

Liduras
01-17-2019, 09:48 PM
Feats are the reason for why one team stomps the other team in most matches. It totally ruins the balance.

When there are a high skilled player, average players and low skilled players in a match, the matchmaking system puts the high skilled player and low skilled players in the same team. It is actually logical but there is a problem. The high skilled player needs to carry his team, but because the other team can defeat the other 3 players without feats, they simply focus their feats on the pro player.

It is not possible to carry a bad team beacause the other team can stop you with feat spam. This is why the balance in this game is bad.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Feats need balance, but they also bring diversity. What this game really lacks, is having ways to bring your own stuff on the battlefield. Stuff like siege equipement, own minion strategies, etc.

Taking out feats would make every match even more similar.

Exactly this mentality has lead to the new Perk System. Dealing +3dmg on a heavy was "unacceptable" for some folks, so lets make gear useless to even all the odds, which is also VERY ACCURATE ;b

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-17-2019, 11:24 PM
Feats need balance, but they also bring diversity. What this game really lacks, is having ways to bring your own stuff on the battlefield. Stuff like siege equipement, own minion strategies, etc.

Taking out feats would make every match even more similar.

Exactly this mentality has lead to the new Perk System. Dealing +3dmg on a heavy was "unacceptable" for some folks, so lets make gear useless to even all the odds, which is also VERY ACCURATE ;b
I would love to have my own minion troops to order around and customize. There could be so many custimzations you could do. Ones that specialize on a fraction. ones the focus on killing minions, ones that focus more damage on hero classes, fast running zone capturing. Long range fighters short range. Ones that builds traps, ones that heal, ones that boost your damage, ones that tank themselves.
It's would be so great to coordinate with other players troops to effect the battle in different ways.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 11:28 PM
I would love to have my own minion troops to order around and customize. There could be so many custimzations you could do. Ones that specialize on a fraction. ones the focus on killing minions, ones that focus more damage on hero classes, fast running zone capturing. Long range fighters short range. Ones that builds traps, ones that heal, ones that boost your damage, ones that tank themselves.
It's would be so great to coordinate with other players troops to effect the battle in different ways.

This stuff has been proposed a lot of times, and people really shared creative ideas as you now did. This is what For Honor lacks ... you can not bring your own stuff on the battlefield, you can not give AI commands or do any pre-battle strategy. You just go through the same "level" over and over again.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-18-2019, 01:16 AM
This stuff has been proposed a lot of times, and people really shared creative ideas as you now did. This is what For Honor lacks ... you can not bring your own stuff on the battlefield, you can not give AI commands or do any pre-battle strategy. You just go through the same "level" over and over again.
Well I wouldn't need anything as advanced as Warhammers minion controls on console. And I think catapult fire and the like should be random on the map. Id give up feats and perks to have my own minions I could customize looks and attributes.