PDA

View Full Version : Co-op in far Cry New Dawn?

Keebs_
01-17-2019, 03:26 PM
I've asked on far cry facebook page, Twitter, in youtube comments, submitted support tickets, and even went to page 2 of google, and I still can't find an answer on this!

Is the entire campaign co-op friendly, just like Far Cry 5 was?

I'm fairly certain it will be, as the system already exists, what would be the point in actually removing it, but I'm seeing contradicting info on the topic.

Small back story:
Me and my wife don't play single player games, its expensive but we only play games that we can sit next to each other and play, such as MMO's MOBA's and rpgs with co-op.
As HUGE Far Cry fans, we took a week off work to 100% Far Cry 5 and it was probably the most fun we ever had. The co-op system wasn't AMAZING (As it was just me as a hired gun on my wife's story and i didnt get any of the unlocks for boss kills) - But I wasn't too bothered as the game was just immensely fun.

We were in the process of simply instantly pre-ordering New Dawn and booking time off work again to no-life it, when I read a review of the alpha that said "And in in Expeditions, you can team up with a friend!" - And this kinda shook me a bit because SURELY, the whole thing will be do-able with friends, why would they change it from Far Cry 5??

Since then i've been trying to discover if the whole thing is co-op like the last one, because its actually going to affect whether we buy the game or not. Theres just no way one of us is going to sit and watch the other, or take turns, or buy two copies just for a few expedition missions.

Does anyone have 100% confirmed clarification on this, one way or another?

I would REALLY appreciate any help

Cheers

Markaccus
01-17-2019, 03:35 PM
No info here, but I agree it would be sensless to not have it. I never use it, as I like doing things on my own in these games, but I get that others enjoy it.

I am curious, though, did you still need 2 ps4s to play it with your wife, or was there a split screen option?

Keebs_
01-17-2019, 03:50 PM
nah we play on PC :). We have a large desk with two computers next to each other. We raid together on WoW and play all games on our PCs. So we just bought two copies of Far Cry 5, installed on both computers and then both load the game up, she makes a lobby, I join, and we both use our own monitors :)

Markaccus
01-17-2019, 04:12 PM
nah we play on PC :). We have a large desk with two computers next to each other. We raid together on WoW and play all games on our PCs. So we just bought two copies of Far Cry 5, installed on both computers and then both load the game up, she makes a lobby, I join, and we both use our own monitors :)

Ah right i see. I can see why that gets pricey 😐

Keebs_
01-18-2019, 02:03 PM
I find it worrying that I'm not able to find this info, and that no-one from Ubisoft is replying or throwing me a bone. They have read and replied to other topics, but this info seems to be top secret. And if its top secret, its because its not there?

Now im getting really concerned, we REALLY wanna play this game, please dont let it be so that you scrapped Co-Op for the main campaign, that would be absolutely gutting...

Ubi-Zubi
01-19-2019, 12:58 AM
Hey guys! We'll release more information about Far Cry New Dawn VERY soon. Thank you for your patience! Even if you don't see responses in the forums, we are reading your feedback and listening to fans. :)

Ubi-CJ
01-23-2019, 02:23 PM
Good day everyone!

You can rest assured that New Dawn has the same co-op system as Far Cry 5.
That means the whole campaign can be played together with a friend!

/CJ

bent_toe
01-23-2019, 04:56 PM
Good day everyone!

You can rest assured that New Dawn has the same co-op system as Far Cry 5.
That means the whole campaign can be played together with a friend!

/CJ
Yeah.. With tethering. The co-op should work like in GR:W where you can be anywhere on the map without being forced to be within 609 meter of your co-op buddy.

That was what ruined FC5 for me.

BackPa-CZ
01-23-2019, 08:50 PM
Great news.

Keebs_
01-24-2019, 10:12 AM
YESSSSS!!!!

Thankyou for the clarification CJ, you just made my day.

pre-ordering two copies right now <3

Woohooooo :D