PDA

View Full Version : No new Breach Map?? Really?!?!

Illyrian_King
01-16-2019, 10:57 PM
Just read the official FH Page about Vortiger: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-342651-16/new-for-honor-hero-the-black-prior-coming-january-31

Hero looks great, Hero Balancing also for Warlord and Pk looks great, but JUST 1 NEW MAP and that FOR DOMINION?? :confused:

When you released FH you launched it with only 6 maps for you main gamemode of that time ... Dominon. Even took out 2 for about a month. It hurt the playerbase a lot.

Now you do the same sh*t (excuse me) with Breach with pittyful number 3 maps, which has let to huge player loss. It's not just some tiny balance stuff or Leaver Penalty.
IT'S BECAUSE ONLY 3 MAPS
It gets repetetive so fast.

Now 3 months later you decide to release a map for a mode, that already has plenty of maps and that +1 is barely senseable, while letting Breach die out for 3 more months or maybe miss the chance completely!
You should hurry to supply your new "Flagship Mode" ... and what do you??

Don't you learn from you damn mistakes?!

ChampionRuby50g
01-17-2019, 01:52 AM
Meanwhile at Ubi headquarters:

“This is working as intended, what did you think we would do? Actually put effort in to make a map for our most recently released and coolest game mode? Hahahahahaha you got it all wrong kiddo, gg ez”

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-17-2019, 02:03 AM
Good news! You can now get a battle outfit! It has the cool new patterns of tears and the world's smallest violin scattered upon it! The name of it is called "suck it breaches"

rottmeister
01-17-2019, 02:26 AM
Well we're basically getting 3 reworks/hero updates, 1 completely new hero and a map. Compared with earlier seasons we're getting quite a lot.

On the other hand Ubi can't keep up with the community's wishes, because they change every minute.
Last time we got a new map it was for every mode but dominion (Secluded Keep or something?) And everyone complained how it wasn't for dominion 'the flagship' mode of the game.

I can totally see your argument and imo they should've probably prioritized new breach maps over dominion. Or made it so the map is available in every mode if that's even possible with breach (I don't know anything about coding etc but to me it seems difficult making a map that is compatible with both breach and dominion since their lay-outs are quite different).

It's good you made the thread though.
Hopefully it catches the attention of the devs.
I think they do listen to their community but the changes come out so late/slow that everyone pretty much moves on and starts requesting other things.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Meanwhile at Ubi headquarters:

“This is working as intended, what did you think we would do? Actually put effort in to make a map for our most recently released and coolest game mode? Hahahahahaha you got it all wrong kiddo, gg ez”

This gave me a smile even in my anger :D

Good news! You can now get a battle outfit! It has the cool new patterns of tears and the world's smallest violin scattered upon it! The name of it is called "suck it breaches"

Spongebob confirmed.

Well we're basically getting 3 reworks/hero updates, 1 completely new hero and a map. Compared with earlier seasons we're getting quite a lot.

On the other hand Ubi can't keep up with the community's wishes, because they change every minute.
Last time we got a new map it was for every mode but dominion (Secluded Keep or something?) And everyone complained how it wasn't for dominion 'the flagship' mode of the game.

I can totally see your argument and imo they should've probably prioritized new breach maps over dominion. Or made it so the map is available in every mode if that's even possible with breach (I don't know anything about coding etc but to me it seems difficult making a map that is compatible with both breach and dominion since their lay-outs are quite different).

It's good you made the thread though.
Hopefully it catches the attention of the devs.
I think they do listen to their community but the changes come out so late/slow that everyone pretty much moves on and starts requesting other things.

Well ... it is 1 rework and most likely just some number adjustments for PK (since she already got reworked) and Warlord. One new hero and one map.

During the first year we always got 2 new heroes and 2 maps. What we get now is not very impressing, eventhough Vortiger looks amazing. Most likely I will main him!

Now they finally have a kickass mode and leave it behind, instead of putting all available map ressorces on that. This mode is going to die out entirely, if they don't act fast. Now we have medium activity on Breach. This was supposed to become the new flagship mode. Many people actually complain, about having only 3 maps for Breach. Should the next Breach map come out 6 months after release?

What even about a Wu Lin Breach map? Will they join the Faction War this Season, or are they just 4 homeless chinese?
But screw it ... finally we have 12 instead of 11 Dominion maps ;b

Tundra 793
01-17-2019, 04:18 AM
Don't you learn from you damn mistakes?!

For year 3, maybe they're actually starting to. Before, we always got more heroes, more maps, more everything. Look where that got us. Maybe 1 Hero, some balance, and 1 map will make the game easier to balance, and therefore more enjoyable.

We've always pushed the developers for more, but it doesn't seem like they can handle that. Maybe less will do us, and the game some good.

chukblok
01-17-2019, 04:20 AM
Breach is all I play....but we are getting a lot this season so I'm finding it hard to complain. Including a full cinematic for one hero. I like the direction things are going this year. Heavy/Hybrid heroes. I'm looking forward to the cinematics for the other new heroes. I bet we are also getting new executions.
I hear you about a new breach map...but I can wait.
I do however want to see some weather effects in current breach maps similar to dominion

bannex19
01-17-2019, 08:24 AM
Im actually not mad about this at all. I'd rather they focus on heroes, reworks and temp events than reskinning maps for aesthetics.

Sure a new breach map would be nice but it's not high enough on my list to rage like the OP. Again shouldn't you be happy they're re reworking PK? Think about that for a min...

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-17-2019, 08:31 AM
I really don't care about new breach maps. Grated I don't play it anymore but even if I did all the maps are set up the exact same basically. Just a linear progression. How would a new map help unless they added trap like in gauntlet?
Sure the cinematic trailer is cool af but really who cares. It doesn't progress the game any. You watch it once and your done. If they are going that route I would have preferred an e-book to read about his story.
It all seems like fluff.

bannex19
01-17-2019, 09:08 AM
I really don't care about new breach maps. Grated I don't play it anymore but even if I did all the maps are set up the exact same basically. Just a linear progression. How would a new map help unless they added trap like in gauntlet?
Sure the cinematic trailer is cool af but really who cares. It doesn't progress the game any. You watch it once and your done. If they are going that route I would have preferred an e-book to read about his story.
It all seems like fluff.

A new hero with a trailer is what you're complaining about?

Helnekromancer
01-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Eh, I don't expect much from this company anymore, not after they said they weren't going to make separate balancing for console even though it's the majority of its playerbase, so I'll take anything. Just enjoying the bumpy car ride until the game inevitably get sent to the vet to be put down.

rottmeister
01-17-2019, 10:09 AM
This gave me a smile even in my anger :D

Spongebob confirmed.

Well ... it is 1 rework and most likely just some number adjustments for PK (since she already got reworked) and Warlord. One new hero and one map.

During the first year we always got 2 new heroes and 2 maps. What we get now is not very impressing, eventhough Vortiger looks amazing. Most likely I will main him!

Now they finally have a kickass mode and leave it behind, instead of putting all available map ressorces on that. This mode is going to die out entirely, if they don't act fast. Now we have medium activity on Breach. This was supposed to become the new flagship mode. Many people actually complain, about having only 3 maps for Breach. Should the next Breach map come out 6 months after release?

What even about a Wu Lin Breach map? Will they join the Faction War this Season, or are they just 4 homeless chinese?
But screw it ... finally we have 12 instead of 11 Dominion maps ;b

Breach maps probably take a while to make.
I agree they need to bring out more maps for it.
I called dominion the flagship mode because I was referring to pre Marching Fire.

I'm aware people want new Breach maps, I do too, but at the time people complained about that one map not being available for dominion and I guess Ubi got on it and made a dominion map... 5 months or so later.

I'd love a Wu Lin (breach) map, it seemed like a no-brainer since they're being added to the faction war soon (unless the plans changed).

They are pretty much homeless though :p
The story is that they marched West, but I'd assume they'll build a settlement in the near future (considering they're joining the faction war). I hope the devs are not waiting until the Wu Lin hero to release Wu Lin maps or any breach map. No one is that patient, lol. I'm not waiting a year for 1 breach map.

Vakris_One
01-17-2019, 11:46 AM
It's a little dissapointing to not have a new Breach map but it's hardly the end of the world. I'm fine with waiting until we get the Wu Lin added to the Faction War and then get a new Wu Lin style Breach map for example.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 12:04 PM
For year 3, maybe they're actually starting to. Before, we always got more heroes, more maps, more everything. Look where that got us. Maybe 1 Hero, some balance, and 1 map will make the game easier to balance, and therefore more enjoyable.

We've always pushed the developers for more, but it doesn't seem like they can handle that. Maybe less will do us, and the game some good.

Balance is a good thing, and I am not playing that down. But we got a new mode, that was emphazised for 2 years and was supposed to become the new main FH experience. Now it's left behind for seemingly half a year to get maybe just 1 new map, when even less people will still play it. They are leaving a big chance out. One new Dominion map won't change anything after the first week.

Again shouldn't you be happy they're re reworking PK? Think about that for a min...

I can promisse you at this point, that this is not a rework (she already got that), but just a numbers buff. All nice, but for people who don't play PK, this doesn't change anything for the good.

It all seems like fluff.

Yep cinematics are lit, but don't help the actual game. There have been ideas about traps, new shapes and formats, but this can't happen without introducing a new map.

Breach maps probably take a while to make.
I agree they need to bring out more maps for it.
I called dominion the flagship mode because I was referring to pre Marching Fire.

I'm aware people want new Breach maps, I do too, but at the time people complained about that one map not being available for dominion and I guess Ubi got on it and made a dominion map... 5 months or so later.

I'd love a Wu Lin (breach) map, it seemed like a no-brainer since they're being added to the faction war soon (unless the plans changed).

They are pretty much homeless though :p
The story is that they marched West, but I'd assume they'll build a settlement in the near future (considering they're joining the faction war). I hope the devs are not waiting until the Wu Lin hero to release Wu Lin maps or any breach map. No one is that patient, lol. I'm not waiting a year for 1 breach map.

The problem is just, that the state of Breach is a bit critically right now. The activity is medium, and the earliest opportunity to get new maps is again after 3 more months. It was a huge mistake to release it with 3 maps nevertheless.

I mean now it is late ^^ ... but it would have been best, if they never introduced the "Secluded Keep" (since nobody plays the available modes), and stocked the money up for a 4th Breach map instead. The "Secluded Keep" caused more anger then applause.

My hope is still, that the Wu Lin enter the Faction War now and we get a chinese Breach Map, but they just couldn't tell now.

It's a little dissapointing to not have a new Breach map but it's hardly the end of the world. I'm fine with waiting until we get the Wu Lin added to the Faction War and then get a new Wu Lin style Breach map for example.

How many people will still play it then, when you need to queue up for 10minutes? ;b
A proverb says, you need to forge the iron when it's hot.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-17-2019, 01:02 PM
A new hero with a trailer is what you're complaining about?
No a new hero especially a heavy is welcome. But trailers, new breach maps, armor, new male /female skins... It's all just fluff.
What would be nice if they completely redid the feats

bannex19
01-17-2019, 01:05 PM
"I can promisse you at this point, that this is not a rework (she already got that), but just a numbers buff. All nice, but for people who don't play PK, this doesn't change anything for the good."

You can? Because I can promise you up until now you couldn't even tell me that they would take another look at her.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 01:23 PM
No a new hero especially a heavy is welcome. But trailers, new breach maps, armor, new male /female skins... It's all just fluff.
What would be nice if they completely redid the feats

Trailers are fluff ... but maps aren't for the most people.

A feat rebalance would be nice, since some perks like Spear Storm are too good, while others like Catapult are now abyssmally bad. But I (personally) don't give a glimpse at a perfectly balanced game, that offers next to no content for what I want.

"I can promisse you at this point, that this is not a rework (she already got that), but just a numbers buff. All nice, but for people who don't play PK, this doesn't change anything for the good."

You can? Because I can promise you up until now you couldn't even tell me that they would take another look at her.

Did you regulary watch the Warrior's Den and the State Of Balance posts? They said multiple times, that they are monitoring her post-rework efficiency and most likely will give her the one or other slight damage buff. So yes ... I can say that.

bannex19
01-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Trailers are fluff ... but maps aren't for the most people.

A feat rebalance would be nice, since some perks like Spear Storm are too good, while others like Catapult are now abyssmally bad. But I (personally) don't give a glimpse at a perfectly balanced game, that offers next to no content for what I want.

Did you regulary watch the Warrior's Den and the State Of Balance posts? They said multiple times, that they are monitoring her post-rework efficiency and most likely will give her the one or other slight damage buff. So yes ... I can say that.

Sorry the last WD I watched was a meme filled crap shoot so no I don't.

Vakris_One
01-17-2019, 04:53 PM
How many people will still play it then, when you need to queue up for 10minutes? ;b
A proverb says, you need to forge the iron when it's hot.
That's true and I would rather have a Breach map than another Dominion map. But the likelihood of Breach dying out in the long run doesn't depend that strongly on whether the mode gets a new map now or in 3 months time.

Breach will die out if it stops being worthwhile to play in terms of how fun and rewarding it is, not so much because we have to wait longer for new maps. New maps are a nice bit of flavour but they are a short term consideration. Once the novelty of a new map wears off those players who only came to play the new map will drop off again. We saw as much with Tribute. Ultimately making the mode fun and fair to play and making it worthwhile to grind XP, loot and steel with is what keeps people playing a mode for the long term. A new map is just the cherry on top of the cake. If the cake (the main foundation) doesn't taste good then not many people are going to be drawn in by how many cherries it has.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 06:40 PM
That's true and I would rather have a Breach map than another Dominion map. But the likelihood of Breach dying out in the long run doesn't depend that strongly on whether the mode gets a new map now or in 3 months time.

Breach will die out if it stops being worthwhile to play in terms of how fun and rewarding it is, not so much because we have to wait longer for new maps. New maps are a nice bit of flavour but they are a short term consideration. Once the novelty of a new map wears off those players who only came to play the new map will drop off again. We saw as much with Tribute. Ultimately making the mode fun and fair to play and making it worthwhile to grind XP, loot and steel with is what keeps people playing a mode for the long term. A new map is just the cherry on top of the cake. If the cake (the main foundation) doesn't taste good then not many people are going to be drawn in by how many cherries it has.

I really get your point, but the activity is just "medium" compared to "very high" (Dominion). When you compare the fun/possibilities between these two modes then it is:

3 Zones with 1-hit cardboard soldiers
VS
3 Phases with Zones, serious minions (Pikemen, Officiers. Archers (especially this one was very requested)), a ram, a cauldron, a boss fight, all on a bigger battlefield in general

The rewards are pretty much the same for both, and still people go for Dominon in such a scale. Speaking for myself and many others, I have talked with ... the lack of more maps and new mechanics like traps, different shapes, different numbers in archer points and maybe some "un-linearity" are the biggest turn-offs. For many the mode Breach is their favourite, but only 3 maps is TOO repetitive in the long term.

Also (this is now just my opinion) since S8, there is no real need to grind anymore, because there is no real gear anymore. Also one does not earn steel by finishing matches ... if there were no contracts, we would all drown in poverty ;b

Vakris_One
01-17-2019, 07:09 PM
I really get your point, but the activity is just "medium" compared to "very high" (Dominion). When you compare the fun/possibilities between these two modes then it is:

3 Zones with 1-hit cardboard soldiers
VS
3 Phases with Zones, serious minions (Pikemen, Officiers. Archers (especially this one was very requested)), a ram, a cauldron, a boss fight, all on a bigger battlefield in general

The rewards are pretty much the same for both, and still people go for Dominon in such a scale. Speaking for myself and many others, I have talked with ... the lack of more maps and new mechanics like traps, different shapes, different numbers in archer points and maybe some "un-linearity" are the biggest turn-offs. For many the mode Breach is their favourite, but only 3 maps is TOO repetitive in the long term.

Also (this is now just my opinion) since S8, there is no real need to grind anymore, because there is no real gear anymore. Also one does not earn steel by finishing matches ... if there were no contracts, we would all drown in poverty ;b
When you consider that you can complete roughly 2-3 Dominion matches for the same amount of time it takes to do a single Breach match (that isn't a one sided **** show at least). You can get more steel from playing the Dom matches than spending the same time doing a single Breach match and hoping it ends mercifully at the first phase if your team is grossly outmatched rather than spending 15-20 minutes in a match whose outcome was already decided in phase 1.

The garbage matchmaking also plays a part on how willing players are to choose a 25-29 minute match versus a 10-15 minute match.

I do share your desire for new Breach maps, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think putting lipstick on a pig doesn't by itself solve the "we have a pig" factor :)

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 08:19 PM
When you consider that you can complete roughly 2-3 Dominion matches for the same amount of time it takes to do a single Breach match (that isn't a one sided **** show at least). You can get more steel from playing the Dom matches than spending the same time doing a single Breach match and hoping it ends mercifully at the first phase if your team is grossly outmatched rather than spending 15-20 minutes in a match whose outcome was already decided in phase 1.

The garbage matchmaking also plays a part on how willing players are to choose a 25-29 minute match versus a 10-15 minute match.

I do share your desire for new Breach maps, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think putting lipstick on a pig doesn't by itself solve the "we have a pig" factor :)

The default reward in Dominion is 50 steel, while in a full 3-phase Breach match it is something between 130-150 steel (depending on your performance).

Most Dominion matches are done after 8min in average. In Breach it varies more, but usually always around 25min (talking about 3 phases).

3×8 +3(2 minutes after match lobby and transition to next match) = 30min with 150 steel

1×25 +1(2 minutes after match lobby and transition to next match) = 26min with 130-150 steel

Btw ... good compare with the pig ^^

I am really fanatic in thinking, that more lvl3 Bots would cause miracles for Breach. When a player leaves and gets replaced with a lvl2 Bot, this is basically a death sentence for the whole team ;b

Lord_Cherubi
01-17-2019, 08:37 PM
But we got a new mode, that was emphazised for 2 years and was supposed to become the new main FH experience.

As much as i like Breach and would have loved to see a Wu-Lin map introduced to it, Breach is not a finished project. Something is still missing for it to become the ultimate FH experience. Until all the pieces click together it will never take over Dominion's place as the 1# game mode, no matter how much more healthier it is as an gameplay experience.

Imo dominion is a ****ing piece of *** of a gamemode, but you gotta admit it has something going for it. Something is drawing the majority towards it, it's been the highest populated gamemode ever since the game was launched and still is.

Illyrian_King
01-17-2019, 10:14 PM
As much as i like Breach and would have loved to see a Wu-Lin map introduced to it, Breach is not a finished project. Something is still missing for it to become the ultimate FH experience. Until all the pieces click together it will never take over Dominion's place as the 1# game mode, no matter how much more healthier it is as an gameplay experience.

Imo dominion is a ****ing piece of *** of a gamemode, but you gotta admit it has something going for it. Something is drawing the majority towards it, it's been the highest populated gamemode ever since the game was launched and still is.

I don't know ... I love Breach ^^
Since Season 8, I played maybe 3 Dominion matches out of 100 Breach matches.

I just blame that total lack of maps, poor matchmaking with lvl2 Bots and the "all-receipe" we have seen for the first 3 maps. Talking about always having 2 Archers Points + Cauldron in 1st phase, 3 Archer Points + Cauldron in 2nd phase, 1 Archer point in 3rd phase. Always in one line (linear) and always a ram. It can also be other Siege tools, traps, Archer Points on both sides in different numbers ... of course it needs balancing, but such diversity is the sweetest juice possible for this game.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-17-2019, 11:01 PM
They should make a breach elimination game. You connect the 3 breach castles together through passageways. Make the teams 9vs9 where there can only be 4 people on a team per map. When a commander is killed the two best fighters on that team funnel to the other maps and the Two worste fighters who win retire with honors. They can stay and watch the rest of the fight as backup or they can leave and start another game without penalty and steel as though they just won a match. They same goes for the defending team if they win or lose. I'm not discribing this right but you get the jist.

Illyrian_King
01-18-2019, 12:15 PM
They should make a breach elimination game. You connect the 3 breach castles together through passageways. Make the teams 9vs9 where there can only be 4 people on a team per map. When a commander is killed the two best fighters on that team funnel to the other maps and the Two worste fighters who win retire with honors. They can stay and watch the rest of the fight as backup or they can leave and start another game without penalty and steel as though they just won a match. They same goes for the defending team if they win or lose. I'm not discribing this right but you get the jist.

Interesting idea ... maybe stuff for a new thread.