PDA

View Full Version : Controller Bindings

mann61299
01-15-2019, 04:43 PM
I'm curious what controller bindings others are using. I've switched mine many times and feel pretty comfortable right now with mine:

L2 = feint/cancel
L1 = dodge
L3 = reset camera/target switch
R2 = heavy attack
R1 = light attack
R3 = guardbreak
square = guardmode (toggle lock rather than hold...toggle zoom for ballista as well)
triangle = emote/execution
x = sprint (with sprint to exit guard mode turned on)
circle = quick chat

With these settings, I can feint, dodge, guardbreak/counterguardbreak, and switch targets, without ever taking my thumbs off the sticks. I've only recently started using these exact settings and before I use them for too long, I'm curious if anyone feels their particular button remapping is easier to use than what I have listed. I use a PS4 dualshock4 controller and have no intention of buying an elite controller with paddles.

mann61299
01-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Do most play on PC with KB/M? I figured there would be others who would reply with the controller bindings they use, but maybe most aren't using a controller?

mann61299
02-06-2019, 07:45 PM
I ended up sticking with my posted bindings, but I'm surprised no one else had any input on this. Doesn't anyone else use PS4 or XBox and change their bindings? I was curious what bindings have been effective for others.

BlowHard74728
02-07-2019, 05:11 AM
How the hell do you play with that lol?
All that I have switched is R1 for heavy and R2 for light.

Reasoning is that I can parry attacks slightly faster.

mann61299
02-07-2019, 02:52 PM
How the hell do you play with that lol?
All that I have switched is R1 for heavy and R2 for light.

Reasoning is that I can parry attacks slightly faster.

Maybe I'm just slow, but it really helps me to have Feint, GB, and Dodge on buttons I can use without dropping my guard. To use face buttons for these means I have to remove my thumb from the R stick to do any of them, which didn't work well for me.

BlowHard74728
02-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Use what works for you. Me personally, I tried yours it was difficult for me lol. Granted It'd take time to get used to it, but I'm content with my controls for right now. If they would ever allow us to put the zone into a one button input I would change things around immediately

allenhollow
02-07-2019, 03:39 PM
same as blowhard

mann61299
02-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Changing key bindings always takes a lot of hours to get used to...in the long run, I think it pays off. I'm likely to stick with my bindings now (after playing for so many hours with these settings...rep88 overall with a rep60 warden), but I'm still curious to hear what binding changes others are using.

Kadete93
02-07-2019, 06:03 PM
im using the guardbrake on L1. The only thing i have changed. For me its easy to react a GB and i put the shorter execution there to make it faster.

mann61299
02-07-2019, 07:22 PM
I bet GB on L1 would work well if keeping the other buttons on default. I had GB on L2 for a while but needed to move it as I favored my L1 Dodge over my L2 GB in combat causing me to be too slow to cgb. I also wanted to be able to toggle lock rather than hold and find a way to not accidentally leave guard stance.

Kadete93
02-07-2019, 09:29 PM
I bet GB on L1 would work well if keeping the other buttons on default.

Yeah everything on default except guardbrake.

i have tried to use toggle lock but it didnt work for me, so im using hold.. its makes easier for me to switch targets when im being ganked (i switch a lot)

mann61299
02-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Yeah everything on default except guardbrake.

i have tried to use toggle lock but it didnt work for me, so im using hold.. its makes easier for me to switch targets when im being ganked (i switch a lot)
I struggled switching targets with toggle lock for quite some time, but changing my switch target binding to L3 helped solve my issue...I change often in gank situations as well. (I had too many instances of releasing L2 when using hold and then trying to switch targets but having it just lock on the original target again...I don't have that problem now).