PDA

View Full Version : Gear perk ideas to make it better.

Baggin_
01-14-2019, 11:50 PM
So I enjoy the whole gear perk system, however there is room for improvement.

First of all I think there just needs to be more perks in general.

Second, there should be a reward for getting your gear to a refined 4 180 . Perhaps a 5% boost to all of the perks you have active.

Third, I would make it so you can spend salvage to reroll a single perk on a piece of gear up to as many times as needed (the cost can go up gradually the more you reroll it). This would make things a little less frustrating since getting the right perk combo can be a nightmare at times.

Fourth, I would put a perk filter in the menu. It can be frustrating trying to solve the perk puzzle with so much clutter. I feel putting in a filter for the perks you're trying to get would make it less of a clutter when trying to activate the perks you would like to have equipped.

Can't think of any more suggestions at the moment, but I'm sure someone else can add to the suggestions.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-15-2019, 01:58 AM
these all seems like fair suggestions

Baggin_
01-19-2019, 12:53 PM
these all seems like fair suggestions

I thought so. Gives incentive to level up your gear to max while also adding some quality of life stuff.

BilinearTwo9
01-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Good suggestions! "trying to solve the perk puzzle" So true!

Ubiflowessence
01-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Thanks for sharing these ideas! :)

I'll monitor this thread just in case everyone else would like to share their ideas/suggestions and whether they agree with OP!

Jastorm187
01-20-2019, 12:16 AM
*editing for simplicity* I agree with OP on the issues with perks

The problems I have with perks.
1) RNG to get the perks you want
2) Unlocking perks is complex and has no benefit to upping gear score
3) Perks per class is silly. It limits players customizing to their playstyle without reason
4) To try a new perk you might as well start from scratch due to RNG

I have a different solution.. I posted how to fix all of these, instead of copy and past I will link it below.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1983073-Improving-how-gear-and-perks-work

Dimitri..-
02-02-2019, 10:47 PM
The perks system is garbage and useless