PDA

View Full Version : Raider

LLoTuss
01-13-2019, 08:42 AM
Can anyone shed some light on Raider maybe? I know for sure he is one of the "weaker" ones of the vanguard heroes. Anything on hyper armor or some type of openers instead to keep from a stale fight perhaps? That would be great cause sometimes it is literally impossible as even a Raider main to open certain opponents up. :nonchalance:
Thanks

Jazz117Volkov
01-13-2019, 10:33 AM
In my experience his zone is probably the most versatile tool. Unblockable from neutral can be a powerful motivator.

Otherwise, use his dodge into guardbreak, you can use it to duck under attacks and catch the recovery.

It's not a good kit in 1v1, generally speaking.

Velentix
01-13-2019, 11:32 PM
I agree with jazz, his kit isn't very deep. he doesn't have any insane weaknesses though apart from predictability. good for ganks, not much else.

chukblok
01-17-2019, 05:04 AM
I am a raider main. As said above you have to try for the dodge GB, zone, or zone feint into something.,Yes for duelling he isn't that great. Watch some vids online of top Raider players. Flux etc.

He needs another tool. HA on heavies, or totally remove his unblockable zone and give him an unblockable heavy and a side dodge heavy similar to kensei.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-17-2019, 08:37 AM
I am a raider main. As said above you have to try for the dodge GB, zone, or zone feint into something.,Yes for duelling he isn't that great. Watch some vids online of top Raider players. Flux etc.

He needs another tool. HA on heavies, or totally remove his unblockable zone and give him an unblockable heavy and a side dodge heavy similar to kensei.
If he had an unblockable heavy from neutral that would be insane. He would be far more powerful than Highlander. He needs a shove similar to Lawbringer but as far as tiandi
The Ken treatment would be nice.

chukblok
01-17-2019, 03:12 PM
Actually yes a shove or similar would work well