PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody PLEASE explain either one of these?

The_Sun_Danc3
01-13-2019, 06:28 AM
At this point Iím not even mad. Iím just VERY disappointed 😕

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-sun-danc3/video/67201721

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-sun-danc3/video/67201814

The_Sun_Danc3
01-14-2019, 01:14 AM
Guess everybody else is at just as much of a loss as I am

Vakris_One
01-14-2019, 03:18 AM
That's For Honor's mechanics consistency in a nutshell to be honest. In the 1st vid the Kensei basically hit an invisible wall instead of the spikes and then rolled straight into your headbutt, which didn't connect for good measure. Possibly a case could be made that lag was going on and you were seeing something different on your screen compared to what Ubi's servers were registering as occurring. But it looks wonky as hell.

The second clip though, there's no explanation that can be made other than "game is busted". You parry an OOS opponent and he doesn't fall down - I've been seeing this from time to time myself since the last update. You also throw the OOS guy off towards a ledge and instead of falling off he literally bounces off of the ledge as if there is an invisible wall there.

In my opinion something in the last patch definitely loosened up the game's code because these things weren't happening before.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-14-2019, 06:10 AM
Well video 1 is your prototypical Shaman player exploiting their ridiculous moveset, especially the dodge heavy, and then spamming "Thanks" after throwing their last opponent into spikes like the profoundly arrogant players they are.

But I believe the point you were trying to get to was when the combo of throwing and getting a free predator's hunger (allowing an absurd throw distance for an Assassin class) didn't work in one instance during the latter part of the video. Well I think this is a job for the world's smallest violin.

Video 2, in addition to some really goofy stuff happening such as parries not knocking an OOS opponent to the ground multiple times, the Shaman fails to close out the fight multiple times because of their inability to shake off their ingrained routine of throw into predator's hunger. All they had to do was heavy after guard break to win that fight.

Corentin10111
01-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Clearly there were some bugs but don't expect people to sympathize with you..

Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks!