PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Damien Kieken

Vakris_One
01-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Thank you for your work on the game and good luck in your future endeavours.

EvoX.
01-10-2019, 10:36 PM
I'll stick to wishing him good luck on future endeavours.

Soldier_of_Dawn
01-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Thank you, Damien! We will miss you!!!

Damien, thank you for all of your efforts and contribution to the game and your part in Warrior's Den. You were both informative and entertaining. Developers are not TV or Internet personalities but you did both roles very well. We're glad you let us get to know you, and appreciate all you've done. All the best for your future in France, with your family, and your new role.

If you're going to play For Honor on the EU servers, feel free to add me. My user name is the same, 'Soldier_of_Dawn.' If not, we may meet each other on the battlefield anyway. ;) Take care and thanks again.

Corentin10111
01-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Maybe it is for the best, if they will put in place someone who care for the wishes of the community.. Just have to replace Pope and Roman as well and the game might improve..

Kryltic
01-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Maybe it is for the best, if they will put in place someone who care for the wishes of the community.. Just have to replace Pope and Roman as well and the game might improve..
"Better the devil you know" is all I shall say to yourself and others who feel the same way as you.

Corentin10111
01-11-2019, 10:48 AM
"Better the devil you know" is all I shall say to yourself and others who feel the same way as you.

Agreed, we know what we leave but not what we get, this is why i used maybe, if and might.
Let's wait and see!

bannex19
01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
He was so tuned out from that warrior's den you could tell he couldn't have cared less.

Pretty sure this game is nearing the end of its active life. By the end of this year they'll announce FH2.

UbiInsulin
01-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Just a reminder: the rules against insulting other people apply in every thread and to every person, even if they're a Ubi employee.

I'll weigh in and say personally, I was always impressed by how Damien would directly report stuff to the team when community members would tweet at him on his personal account. It showed an extremely high level of commitment to improving the game that he would report stuff received in his off-hours. :)

MrB3NX
01-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Damien is the man

He will be greatly missed

I don't think anyone can replace him at least in the dens but hopefully we won't feel this loss in the future of this game .

The16th-Legion
01-12-2019, 12:52 AM
FH2? Lol

bannex19
01-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Did somebody insult him?

MrB3NX
01-12-2019, 11:23 AM
he said he will go back to the Ubisoft studio in France where he came from

he used to be the boss at that studio and made four AC games including the legendary black flag

we were lucky enough to have him spending 4 years of his career away from home to make and develop for honor in Montreal .

[edited to remove content from now-deleted post - UbiInsulin]

bannex19
01-12-2019, 11:37 AM
While I'm not one to criticize a developer's skill and knowledge I will say that over the course of its life, For Honor has gotten worse and not better.

This is one of the few original IPs that has a chance to really bolster the ubi portfolio but unfortunately it's inching ever closer to being a meme generator.

I'll be shocked if they bother putting anymore dev hours into after season 3.

Vakris_One
01-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Did somebody insult him?
Somebody said they wanted Eric Pope gone too.

Look guys, if you want to discuss what you do or do not like about the directions For Honor has taken then make a seperate thread about that. This thread is simply about wishing all the best to a fellow human being who kept this game going for us to still be playing it for 2 plus years now. I ask you to kindly respect that.