PDA

View Full Version : About Those Ledge Points in 2 of the 3 Maps in Assassini e Templari

Vakris_One
01-09-2019, 01:28 AM
This has been bugging me ever since I first saw someone ledge that poor ba****d Cesare sometime during the second week of this event mode. Now that more and more people have started just ledging Cesare the event mode has become a piece of crap frankly every time the Castle Gate or the Beachhead map is selected. How is it that the developers didn't think to close off ALL the ledge points on the 3 maps selected for this event? Did you guys rush this content out or was the QA team out for lunch when they were supposed to be testing this thing before release?

What's worse is that the those ledge points on Beachhead and Castle Gate are always on Cesare's side thereby ensuring this elementary oversight works to screw over only the defenders. And so in true For Honor fashion; one side can cheese their way to an easy win while the other side is forced to just deal with being shafted simply because they don't have access to the same cheese/exploit. Way to "accidentally" follow through on the unofficial theme of your game there Ubisoft. Honestly I haven't seen an event mode that transformed into this much of a sorry and pathetic state since the "standing on the bridge" exploit with the frozen lake Brawl mode during the Frost Wind event.

It's a great shame too because Assassini e Templari had the potential to be a very fun mode if only it weren't for the developers doing a half-finished job on 2 out of the 3 maps. Maybe next time the developers will get it right - another saying that has sadly become a patented For Honor motto in my mind.

Tundra 793
01-09-2019, 02:08 AM
Oddly enough, I've only seen a couple of players use the exploit. Most memorably a Shaman who just headbutted her way to victory, one crippling concussion at a time. I'm so far beyond caring at this point, I just got my Raider out and farmed the minions, easily scoring north of 1000+ points each round.

We know QA is inconsistent at best for For Honor, for limited time modes I can only imagine the whole team is out for lunch. A lot more.

Damn I miss the Frost Wind festival. That game mode was fun and original, and the emotes and weapons are some the absolute best. But sure... We didn't have enough Assassin's Creed in our lives at this point, I guess.

EDIT; I'm a bit tired/drunk right now, but aren't there ledge points on all the maps? The Shaman I mentioned did the thing on the Viking map, can't remember the name.

Vakris_One
01-09-2019, 03:28 AM
Oddly enough, I've only seen a couple of players use the exploit. Most memorably a Shaman who just headbutted her way to victory, one crippling concussion at a time. I'm so far beyond caring at this point, I just got my Raider out and farmed the minions, easily scoring north of 1000+ points each round.

We know QA is inconsistent at best for For Honor, for limited time modes I can only imagine the whole team is out for lunch. A lot more.

Damn I miss the Frost Wind festival. That game mode was fun and original, and the emotes and weapons are some the absolute best. But sure... We didn't have enough Assassin's Creed in our lives at this point, I guess.

EDIT; I'm a bit tired/drunk right now, but aren't there ledge points on all the maps? The Shaman I mentioned did the thing on the Viking map, can't remember the name.
I thought I was beyond caring too but there's something really "special" about witnessing how truly pathetic and lacking in integrity the majority of this game's playerbase can be when it comes to abusing yet another underhanded tactic.

The Viking map doesn't have an easy way to lure Cesare out towards the ledge unlike the Knight and Samurai maps. On the Viking one they have to string him along out of the circle, down the stairs and then some more towards the pit. Too much work even for the trolls. On the Samurai and Knight maps it's basically a straight line towards a ledge. You literally just have to walk backwards and he'll follow you to his death like a moth to a flame. Or I should say; like a mouse to cheese.