PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin teleport glitch?

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Has anyone seen or been killed by Shaolins who use the teleport move through a wall? I was playing and i ran around a corner to escape the shaolin. He still had the lock on me and teleported throught the wall to kill me!!! what kind of move is that. I know he has the teleport behind move but since when did it work through walls!!!

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Game developers. is this a glitch or my screen or has this happened before?? if its something that has happened before then thats a bug that needs changed.

Halvtand
01-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Shaolin can teleport through walls yes.

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 09:41 PM
figured as much. Since when was this an acceptable feat or move to allow moving through walls?

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Do you know if Ubi has acknowledged this and have plans or adjusting it?

Halvtand
01-08-2019, 10:02 PM
As far as I know he's been able to do it since the early tests. I'm pretty sure I saw a streamer pull it off back then. The devs have said that Shaolin is in a god state which is why they nerfed his unblockable soft cancel into qi stance instead of his teleports.

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 10:10 PM
As far as I know he's been able to do it since the early tests. I'm pretty sure I saw a streamer pull it off back then. The devs have said that Shaolin is in a god state which is why they nerfed his unblockable soft cancel into qi stance instead of his teleports.

Makes sense but I think his teleport could still use an adjustment

Siegfried-Z
01-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Makes sense but I think his teleport could still use an adjustment
Anyway that's just a 20 guaranteed dmg feat.
This is great at catching people who try to leave a fight.
And a teleportation by definition dont care about anything.. walls, distance, time etc

I've already kill someone while he was on the opposite side than me on the hole on bridge (on the dominion map you can open it, dont remember the name).

So the feat look just as he should be till you can lock someone.

A teleportation feat isnt more crazy than instant health, buff zone, shield, auto revive, Stam trap, unblocable or sharpen blades etc
Feats are by definition unrealistics for most of them.

RagingtheReturn
01-09-2019, 12:19 AM
And a teleportation by definition dont care about anything.. walls, distance, time etc

I've already kill someone while he was on the opposite side than me on the hole on bridge (on the dominion map you can open it, dont remember the name).

A teleportation feat isnt more crazy than instant health, buff zone, shield, auto revive, Stam trap, unblocable or sharpen blades etc

Thats true what you say about the feats being unrealistic. Just in personal opinion that can be exploited easily just like other feats. the problem is the exploitation that comes with it not the feat itself. doesn't make for great gameplay in my opinion

RagingtheReturn
01-09-2019, 12:21 AM
when I say adjustment i mean maybe distance should be taken into account. In a fight close range its whatever but as you say when you talk about killing the guy on the opposite side if the bridge that turns it from a useful combat perk to an annoying exploit.

Ubiflowessence
01-09-2019, 02:25 AM
Thanks for sharing this! I'll add this to my report and share it with the team for it to be looked into.

Vakris_One
01-09-2019, 03:56 AM

Aesthetically you're right, teleportation is just as much fantasy as any of the other unrealistic feats. Balance-wise however it's a clear cut above any other feat of this type. The category of feats that Teleport most closely resembles are the ranged attack feats like Crossbow, Archer, Axe Throw, Kunai and Shuriken. They guarrantee some damage from long range once they hit just like Teleport. Unlike Teleport however they can miss the target and they cannot go through walls or other obstacles.

Teleport never misses. Not even through a wall if you're still locked on. It guarrantees damage 100% of the time (if the Shaolin throws a light) and on top of that it can even be used to transport the Shaolin through walls and over ledges that are impassable by anyone else other than another Shaolin. So it's both a 100% guarranteed attack and a tool that can be used to bypass environmental obstacles when carrying a flag if there is an enemy on the other side.

I'd say that's pretty crazy for a tier 2/3 feat. Sounds more like it should be made a tier 4 feat or it should be toned down so that it can't go through walls or it has a much shorter range.

rottmeister
01-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Aesthetically you're right, teleportation is just as much fantasy as any of the other unrealistic feats. Balance-wise however it's a clear cut above any other feat of this type. The category of feats that Teleport most closely resembles are the ranged attack feats like Crossbow, Archer, Axe Throw, Kunai and Shuriken. They guarrantee some damage from long range once they hit just like Teleport. Unlike Teleport however they can miss the target and they cannot go through walls or other obstacles.

Teleport never misses. Not even through a wall if you're still locked on. It guarrantees damage 100% of the time (if the Shaolin throws a light) and on top of that it can even be used to transport the Shaolin through walls and over ledges that are impassable by anyone else other than another Shaolin. So it's both a 100% guarranteed attack and a tool that can be used to bypass environmental obstacles when carrying a flag if there is an enemy on the other side.

I'd say that's pretty crazy for a tier 2/3 feat. Sounds more like it should be made a tier 4 feat or it should be toned down so that it can't go through walls or it has a much shorter range.
I'm fairly certain it's not guaranteed.
I've accidentaly dodged it a few times, it just isn't reactable unless you see him teleporting.

I just think he can do it too often in a match because it just a tier 2(?) feat that's basically guaranteed (hard to counter). It should be tier 3 imo, just like you said it fits better among the feats such as axe throw etc.

I wouldn't make it a tier 4 feat, it would be trash compared to the other tier 4 feats such as last laugh (pretty much guarantees at least 1 death), the bombs, regenerate, kensei's unblockable feat etc.

Shaolin can also ledge himself with this feat. I may be wrong but doesn't he always teleport behind the enemy? In that case face your back towards a ledge when you see him in the distance (if possible).

Siegfried-Z
01-09-2019, 12:13 PM

As rottmeister said it is not 100% guaranteed. Once you kick yes it is but the kick himself can miss.
It happen To me very often.
If the guy you are targeting managed To dash at the moment you activate it, it miss.

About the fact it goes through environmental obstacles, as i said it is how works a téléportation by definition. This is not in the same bracket than long range weapon.

Dont get me wrong at the begenning i was thinking a teleportation has nothing To do in FH. But at the end why not.. because yes many others are unrealistics.

I am not even sure it should be a 3rd feat.. while very usefull, it is only 20dmg.. A lot of 3rd feats such as sharpen blades, javelot or bombs are able to do a lot more.

Also, Next To his 2nd feat Shaolin has very weak feats overall.

But i understand it is a frustrating feat .
I can imagine people raging each time a finished them with this after they try to leave and are far enough To Feel safe 😅 i feel guilty but that's so funny ^^

RagingtheReturn
01-09-2019, 07:00 PM
I like the feat itself. Its a great combat maneuver to catch someone off guard when you in a fight with them. But it should only be able to use in a close combat situation. Maybe a compromise would be to up the damage from 20 to say 25 or 30. But in return for the damage buff it loses range and cant go through walls or cross areas regular characters cant. That way it would encourage more direct combat use and help remove some of the exploiting that is possible. might help reduce some of the toxicity. I don't know how it would play out in game but its just an idea to throw out there to get the conversation started.

MuscleTech12018
01-09-2019, 07:32 PM
You guys are blind ? who cares about changes to hit etc. .. SHAOLIN CAN TELEPORT THROUGH WALLS ! He can even fly to upper levels ! This is NOT OK !

RagingtheReturn
01-09-2019, 07:35 PM
You guys are blind ? who cares about changes to hit etc. .. SHAOLIN CAN TELEPORT THROUGH WALLS ! He can even fly to upper levels ! This is NOT OK !

A little more civilty might be nice and if you read you would have seen i said it would remove him teleporting through walls and across areas others cant.

Siegfried-Z
01-09-2019, 10:10 PM

Définition of a téléportation : instant transport between two points without physical path.

Ask goku if walls are a problem while he teleport.

I like the feat itself. Its a great combat maneuver to catch someone off guard when you in a fight with them. But it should only be able to use in a close combat situation. Maybe a compromise would be to up the damage from 20 to say 25 or 30. But in return for the damage buff it loses range and cant go through walls or cross areas regular characters cant. That way it would encourage more direct combat use and help remove some of the exploiting that is possible. might help reduce some of the toxicity. I don't know how it would play out in game but its just an idea to throw out there to get the conversation started.

Why not reduce the distance . Currently it works till you can lock someone .
It can be adjust if needed.

RagingtheReturn
01-10-2019, 05:05 AM
Thats true it can. I guess bottom line is something needs to change with it in order to take it from something you can exploit through walls and across gaps. It should be more in line with other feats that involve distance tracking whether it be line of sight or the range.