PDA

View Full Version : Old takedown system please

XavierFarCry
01-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Whatever you do with the game, please bring back all old takedowns system!
In FC5 was horribly useless

GameGuru2018
01-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Why old? NEW! All the best from the old system + new! https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Nx3nkEYYUio/XDTreh7VTRI/AAAAAAAAD0o/wQNBvjVV0VQON_b0MJd6kG1yJzJlyvujwCL0BGAs/w795-d-h335-rw/%25D0%2597%25D0%25B0%25D0%25BF%25D0%25B8%25D1%2581 %25D1%258C_2019_01_08_23_16_14_510.gif

GameGuru2018
01-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Not only take downs but an ambush also! We are making ambush on our enemies.....and enemies are making ambush against us. Unexpectedly run into enemies' ambush and survive it would be very exciting and good for a game! As old saying sais - A successful ambush can end a battle before it ever begins. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TpbosBC_o2g/XDT6ww2C0kI/AAAAAAAAD1A/EOlQr9IikYIVaSj7nBgYq8ajUdytFs_OgCL0BGAs/w795-d-h332-rw/%25D0%2597%25D0%25B0%25D0%25BF%25D0%25B8%25D1%2581 %25D1%258C_2019_01_09_00_25_07_677.gif

HorTyS
01-09-2019, 10:51 AM
In what way was the takedown system in Far Cry 5 different and less useful than previous iterations? A few removed takedown types and no bladed weapon, but the system itself seemed near identical to me and actually improved with better, more consistent control.

Markaccus
01-15-2019, 01:15 PM
In what way was the takedown system in Far Cry 5 different and less useful than previous iterations? A few removed takedown types and no bladed weapon, but the system itself seemed near identical to me and actually improved with better, more consistent control.

Stealth. The whole point (in my view) of the takedown is a quiet, hand over mouth and stab so no one is alerted to your presence. In FC 5, it was a bit naff when the nearest person could not hear the rather obvious - THUNK- or - BWANG- noises made by bats and pipes etc

HorTyS
01-16-2019, 07:57 AM
Stealth. The whole point (in my view) of the takedown is a quiet, hand over mouth and stab so no one is alerted to your presence. In FC 5, it was a bit naff when the nearest person could not hear the rather obvious - THUNK- or - BWANG- noises made by bats and pipes etc

Well this logic I agree with, it was the main reason why I also didn't like the blunt only takedown weapons, however my point is that the weapon you perform a takedown with is not a change to the takedown mechanic, it was a purely aesthetic difference that had no direct gameplay ramifications.

mr_wilson1954
01-22-2019, 06:24 PM

I just chose the "fist" in my weapons wheel - problem solved! I saved the bat and the shovel for whacking Moose, Bears and Bison while on Furious potion and Melee challenges........

Sabotur
01-29-2019, 03:19 PM
We need the machete back into the gameplay mechanic. It is iconically Far Cry.

Throwing knives are um.... ok, but not as satisfying as a good cut-throat scene with a great big razor-sharp machete. I thought Ubi might have expanded on the machete kills and made it more of a detailed cutscene (pardon the pun) with blood spraying out of the enemy's jugular.

HorTyS
01-29-2019, 09:27 PM
Ubi really doesn't take advantage of the "M" rating these games always get. I can't even get excited about that saw blade launcher because I know I won't be able to pop enemy heads off with it. They are bringing a blade back to takedowns, so that's an improvement on FC5 at least, but honestly that is the only thing about this game that is better than something that was in FC5 from my perspective.

Fallen-Champ
01-30-2019, 02:43 PM
With multiplayer we usually get what is in campaign so I wish they would allow us to do a knife attack (or whichever weapon of choice we get in the games) while swimming or under water, we could do that against the shark in Far Cry 3 so for multiplayer if we could either hack n slash an opponent or at least do a takedown on them while swimming or underwater then that gives people a reason to use water more in maps especially in a playable area - I know New Dawn does not have PvP but wanted to write that for the next game so FC6 if that has PvP :)

GameGuru2018
01-30-2019, 07:01 PM
New Dawn should be played more thoroughly. Most probably far Cry 6 will be closer to New Dawn than to Far Cry 2.

GameGuru2018
01-30-2019, 07:05 PM
New Dawn should be played more thoroughly. Most probably far Cry 6 will be closer to New Dawn than to Far Cry 2.

HorTyS
01-30-2019, 08:51 PM
With multiplayer we usually get what is in campaign so I wish they would allow us to do a knife attack (or whichever weapon of choice we get in the games) while swimming or under water, we could do that against the shark in Far Cry 3 so for multiplayer if we could either hack n slash an opponent or at least do a takedown on them while swimming or underwater then that gives people a reason to use water more in maps especially in a playable area - I know New Dawn does not have PvP but wanted to write that for the next game so FC6 if that has PvP :)

At this point all we can do is hope that ND is a small scale, 'what if' scenario one-off, sorta like Primal, and not an indication of the direction the entire series is going to continue in, right? That's the sliver of hope I'm clinging to. I'd really rather FC not become another post apocalypse series. I thought being a "Joe-schmoe nobody" who gets caught up in a bad situation and has to take up arms was a pretty unique set up that no other games really have, so there is plenty more places to go & things to do within that premise. Meanwhile there are tons of post-apocalypse games, a far better looking one actually releases the same day as ND in fact....

It is my hope that the numbered entries to the series remain the full-scale campaign, MP, ME games, with modern day settings, and that they don't stick to this tiered weapon/ enemy leveling BS New Dawn is introducing because that is the number one reason I've little to no interest in playing this game.

Sabotur
01-31-2019, 02:28 PM
Not sure how much feedback is taken on board. I think Ubi have selective hearing.

Machete takedowns
Respawning vehicles
CTF
Public lobbies with player hosting

dot dot dot - stuff the whole Community has been asking for years and Ubi pick and choose what fits what they are doing. That's not working with the community, that's trying to keep the Community sweet until there is no more Community left and all the ardent fans disappear.

If they don;t get FC6 right I can't see anyone that have played the original Far Cry games continue with the franchise. Ubi - you get back what you put in.

Flanker1Six
02-01-2019, 12:53 AM
It is my hope that the numbered entries to the series remain the full-scale campaign, MP, ME games, with modern day settings, and that they don't stick to this tiered weapon/ enemy leveling BS New Dawn is introducing because that is the number one reason I've little to no interest in playing this game.

WHAT??!! You just deflated my expectations (minimal as they were). :(

HorTyS
02-01-2019, 01:02 PM
WHAT??!! You just deflated my expectations (minimal as they were). :(

How'd I do that exactly?

Flanker1Six
02-03-2019, 01:05 AM
I must have slept through any previous news about the leveling enemies/tiered weapons. I hate that ****. Just happened to spot it in your post.

I'm better now though.......................I chopped up the neighbor kids snowman with an axe to work off some stress. ;)

HorTyS
02-03-2019, 05:45 AM
I must have slept through any previous news about the leveling enemies/tiered weapons. I hate that ****. Just happened to spot it in your post.

I'm better now though.......................I chopped up the neighbor kids snowman with an axe to work off some stress. ;)

haha, I hope that's true. Yeah, I think that it's super lame and it's the #1 contributing factor as to why I'm skipping ND. I guess I'll check out Metro and maybe Anthem...

Sabotur
02-03-2019, 11:55 AM
I'm skipping it because of the pink. I don't want my friends accusing me of being um...

Flanker1Six
02-04-2019, 01:04 AM
I'm skipping it because of the pink. I don't want my friends accusing me of being um...

Well, that's a bit unfair. Some of it's bright orange. :rolleyes:

GameGuru2018
02-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Friends, don't skip New Dawn! Play it! And play it thoroughly. Most probably Far Cry 6 will be closer to New Dawn than to Far Cry 5, or especially to Far Cry 2.

HorTyS
02-04-2019, 10:15 AM
If your friends would give you grief about playing a game that has some pink in it your friends are pretty lame. Then again so are many of the changes in this game, which is the reason I'm skipping it. Metro Exodus is a post apocalypse game but rather than removing weapon customization they have way more than FC ever did.