PDA

View Full Version : Just started using Peacekeeper

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 05:52 PM
So I just started using Peacekeeper as a character. I was getting bored of using the same characters and my main gladiator since he is already rep 10 and so I wanted a new challenge. I'm only level 10 with PK and so I'm really new to her play style. I've seen all of her moves and combos and get the basics but I haven't quite come up with any great openers in a fight yet. Any PK mains out there, I would love to here some feedback as to what you guys use as an opener to a fight. I want to start some good habits early rather than play her and then have to relearn combos and moves.

Cyroy95
01-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Closest thing to an opener is her 400ms zone, other than that she has none. She is an Assassin turtle, literally.

pure_energist
01-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Mix up soft feints with hard feints as well. When hard feinting immediately go for a side dodge heavy/bleed. When parry baiting with peackeeper there isnt much advantage to parry so instead use the dodge attacks. Her GB bleed stack is decent damage so using your heavy to gb soft feint is something you want to focus on when reading oppenents. I often have more sicess using it with the side light top heavy combo as the top heavy does a spin animation that when soft feinted fools more people then a side heavy feint. A lot of people know about her soft bleed feint from heavy so you can use that expectation against them as well as many will want to parry it so you can hard feint instrad and then counter the parry with a side dodge heavy. Using the soft or heavy feints are often more successful after a light attack that you may land or whiff on purpose. After you get bleeds on keep pressure with light attacks. Dont priovide much space foe them to launch offensive strikes as it can be harder to turtle and waot for thrm to die then keep pressure. Once you know they will bleed out then try to disengage and use her running speed to put distance. Im not a veteran with her but I find these tactics viable on PS4

RagingtheReturn
01-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Thats a lot of feinting. I never got into it much but it sounds like that is going to be the really only decent way to start up a fight.

pure_energist
01-08-2019, 10:21 PM
The zone does come out fast so You can side step right as if you were going to a side heavy and then use the zone that hits from left side. But Her zone eats a lot of stamina as well.

pure_energist
01-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Also learn the reach and speed of her heavy soft feint to stab. It steps forward and you can interrupt peoples attacks with it when they think they are safe. .

Siegfried-Z
01-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Mix up soft feints with hard feints as well. When hard feinting immediately go for a side dodge heavy/bleed. When parry baiting with peackeeper there isnt much advantage to parry so instead use the dodge attacks. Her GB bleed stack is decent damage so using your heavy to gb soft feint is something you want to focus on when reading oppenents. I often have more sicess using it with the side light top heavy combo as the top heavy does a spin animation that when soft feinted fools more people then a side heavy feint. A lot of people know about her soft bleed feint from heavy so you can use that expectation against them as well as many will want to parry it so you can hard feint instrad and then counter the parry with a side dodge heavy. Using the soft or heavy feints are often more successful after a light attack that you may land or whiff on purpose. After you get bleeds on keep pressure with light attacks. Dont priovide much space foe them to launch offensive strikes as it can be harder to turtle and waot for thrm to die then keep pressure. Once you know they will bleed out then try to disengage and use her running speed to put distance. Im not a veteran with her but I find these tactics viable on PS4

If i may.
At a decent level of playing any players are able to delete their parry attempt on réaction if they see you are feinting your own attack.
So, dodging would just end it by being punished.

Also, PK can softfeint her heavies into dodge attack. You're not oblige to hardfeint for it.

Im not a PK main at all, but i would advice to mix hardfeint for lights with softfeint GB/bleed.

When stam is full a combo works very well : light-light-right side heavy hard feinted for zone herself feinted for gb or bleed.

PK is all about repeating these combos with sole little variations.

pure_energist
01-09-2019, 12:48 AM
If i may.
At a decent level of playing any players are able to delete their parry attempt on réaction if they see you are feinting your own attack.
So, dodging would just end it by being punished.

Also, PK can softfeint her heavies into dodge attack. You're not oblige to hardfeint for it.
By using hard feint I can react accordingly to if they bite on the feint or not. If I use the dodge feint then Im assuming they took the bait and may get punished but if I hard feint I can wait and see if they cancel their heavy or let it fly giving me a free dodge attack.

The_Sun_Danc3
01-09-2019, 12:57 AM
So I just started using Peacekeeper as a character. I was getting bored of using the same characters and my main gladiator since he is already rep 10 and so I wanted a new challenge. I'm only level 10 with PK and so I'm really new to her play style. I've seen all of her moves and combos and get the basics but I haven't quite come up with any great openers in a fight yet. Any PK mains out there, I would love to here some feedback as to what you guys use as an opener to a fight. I want to start some good habits early rather than play her and then have to relearn combos and moves.

Best opener for peacekeeper is to press B and play shaman