PDA

View Full Version : For Honor would benefit so much with a guild/clan system

Kargish1
01-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Social aspects matter.

For Honor is an amazing idea, but what the game needs is more social aspects added to it. We go bark on about balance for an eternity, and it'll never be satisfying enough for people. Balance isn't what makes people stay for a game, it's only a factor, what truly makes people remain are the friendships and relations they have with other people in a game.

New heroes are great
New reworks are good
New events and maps keeps the game fresh

For Honor needs a guild system where people can hang out with each other, have fun time dueling or see who has the biggest D amongst themselves. The idea is pretty simple.

Before we can get into the actual system, however, something else has to be added first.

Global chat in the multiplayer menu

Small window with 1-3 tabs where you can type a global message
Option to toggle said window on or off
Whisper function

Now we got that out of the way

Guild/Clan system

This can open up so much potential that really makes the For Honor grind worth something.
As mentioned, it's a simple idea. Each guild/clan has a guild master, jarl, clan leader, president, king or whatever you wanna call it, and is the one responsible for managing the guild. The leader can create sub-ranks that he can give out to his members.

The ways of earning power in the hierarchy is entirely up to the leader. It could be anything from reaching a certain rep to competing in trials organized by the officers (like winning a 1v2 match against guildies), or even make a system where you can challenge someone for their position through trial by combat.

So what even is the point of all that? Yet again, it's simple. With a guild (and a guild chat) you now have people to play with all the time. You can at any point make the decision to play with people that you know, and I guarantee that it'll enhance the For Honor experience greatly. Chances are you'll make a discord server, as most groups do, where you'll get to know each other even better.
How many of you actively have friends to play with in this game, yet alone a community?

You can do even more. Guild wars. Clash against another guild in dominion or breach and collect fame, ranking and compete to be the best guild out there.
Put as much customization option onto this as the heroes themselves (emblem editor is horrible), and you have the potential to make an outstanding banner or other form of representation that'll make you feel like you're "in the zone".

Illidan10
01-08-2019, 03:21 PM
ur wasting your time , so many things needs fixing before adding something like this, and they wont add so don't bother

Kargish1
01-08-2019, 04:03 PM
ur wasting your time , so many things needs fixing before adding something like this, and they wont add so don't bother

Not with that attitude

Goat_of_Vermund
01-08-2019, 04:24 PM
I fully support this. It would also kill off the salt considerably.

pure_energist
01-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Anything to encourage players to group would be welcome because Most of this games life was enduring being dropped from games. This drop potential greatly discouraged group play as the group was also disbanded and it only took one of your group to get kicked so the probability of having to quit and re group was very high. Now that we have dedicated servers it is not as big a problem but the social damage was already done as I personally feel unsure about finding others to group with still. Ubi should recognize this game was had strong anti grouping reasons and now that those issue have mostly been repaired there should be a push like this clan idea that would start restore trust in the game and grouping.

The_Sun_Danc3
01-09-2019, 01:03 AM
I agree. If it wasn’t for the “Looking for Group” function that is an Xbox dedicated support, this game would be much more barren. There’s hundreds of posts a day on there for FH and an in game guild or clan system would definitely increase longevity

Kargish1
01-09-2019, 01:09 PM
I agree. If it wasn’t for the “Looking for Group” function that is an Xbox dedicated support, this game would be much more barren. There’s hundreds of posts a day on there for FH and an in game guild or clan system would definitely increase longevity

Unfortunately for the PC users, we don't even have a LFG tool in the first place. It's a much needed function imho.

DiavoloPassi0ne
01-09-2019, 09:57 PM
I totally agree with this and not saying that for honor has a bunch of game mechanics they need to work through but a clan structure would be nice.

MrB3NX
01-10-2019, 11:55 AM
it's so sad when you wanna talk to a friend you have to go to the ubisoft client

why can't we have it directly in game like the rest of the world ?????

i hope they fix this .