PDA

View Full Version : Did Warlord get an update?

Kargish1
01-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Played arcade mode.

Met this warlord that seemed to have new heavy animations and an uppercut shield slam that would just flatten me when it hit.

I wasn't able to reproduce it on my own warlord,but perhaps this is a Soon™ sign for warlord.

Halvtand
01-07-2019, 12:08 PM
They probably used the moveset for Sigmundr from the campaign.

Tyrjo
01-07-2019, 12:13 PM
It's an old move set from an NPC like Halvtand said. Who knows if they will take inspiration from it when Warlord finally gets his rework...

Kargish1
01-07-2019, 02:08 PM
It's an old move set from an NPC like Halvtand said. Who knows if they will take inspiration from it when Warlord finally gets his rework...

That's unfortunate

I got pretty excited when I saw it

Halvtand
01-07-2019, 03:16 PM
That's unfortunate

I got pretty excited when I saw it

I got pretty excited when I saw that move in campaign, and disappointed when I realised WL didn't have anything like that.

bannex19
01-07-2019, 03:53 PM
If by update you mean nothing then yes they got a huge ****ing update.

Hormly
01-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Warlord getting an update that's not a nerf?

Boy what are you smoking

UbiInsulin
01-07-2019, 08:04 PM

Would these animations be a good source for changes? It sounds like OP really liked it.

Nidhrion
01-07-2019, 10:39 PM
Not only the OP, everyone seems to like it (including me)

OhHowSheGoingEh
01-08-2019, 12:33 AM
Would these animations be a good source for changes? It sounds like OP really liked it.

Why do you even reply? We all know way to well that these changes won't make it into the game. After all we aren't in the 2% (some active forum users might be) so our opinions and ideas are thrown to the side without a second thought.

Hormly
01-08-2019, 02:52 AM
Why do you even reply? We all know way to well that these changes won't make it into the game. After all we aren't in the 2% (some active forum users might be) so our opinions and ideas are thrown to the side without a second thought.

Easy, tiger. The man just joining in the conversation

UbiInsulin
01-08-2019, 03:50 AM

Not every suggestion can make it into the game, it's true. But I don't make much distinction between types of feedback. I still continue to pass on threads about light spamming (particularly Wu Lin) heroes, which is an opinion that someone could stereotype as one that more casual players have. That's just one example.

My rule is if I see something, I say something. I don't consider whether you're casual or hardcore to be important.

The team made it extremely clear that they do not make any balancing decisions based on that State of Balance data set. It is not the only data set they can pull, and is merely meant to provide some context for a State of Balance discussion. The team has their own instincts, player feedback, and data from every skill level and platform. They were pretty insistent in the blog that they use a combination of these when making balancing decisions.

also TL;DR, it's literally my job

Kargish1
01-08-2019, 04:47 PM

Found the NPC in the campaign.

His name is Gudmundr and contains some pretty sweet animations along with a few new moves. The move I was refering to in the OP is a shield uppercut slam that's available after a side heavy, and it doesn't just disorient you, but literally tilts your camera.

(6:37)

https://youtu.be/lIzTmFXXjlg?t=397

It's a pretty cool move, but unfortunately Gudmundr's moveset is just regular Warlord with some nicer animations, sounds and 2 new moves (the bear hug makes no sense).

FrozenWritter
01-09-2019, 06:17 AM
Viking shields weren't strapped to the arm like that of the medieval knight, instead it was gripped from the center which reduced it's stability but offered more maneuverability.
I'd like to see Warlord use his shield in a more active way as right now he only uses it for blocking or pushing.