PDA

View Full Version : Tip for people opening Olympian Gifts

show_stoppa
01-05-2019, 08:51 PM
If you are opening multiple olympian gifts, in a single run, make sure you wait around 10-15 seconds before opening a new gift. This is because everytime you get an epic item, your chances to get a store items increases. But this increase in chance only happens when the value, either set inside the game or online, updates. If you keep opening multiple olympian gifts without having a small delay between them, this value will not update in time to improve your chance of getting a store item.

I have already tested this. Opening gifts without a delay gives a drop of roughly 1 store item in 7-8 openings. Opening with 10-15 second delays gives you a store item in 3-4 openings.

KmarkoPL
01-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Yep
I got yesterday a Ship outfit and Nightmare lieutenant .

Still aiming on that Pegasus.

ProdiGurl
01-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Yep
I got yesterday a Ship outfit and Nightmare lieutenant .

Still aiming on that Pegasus.
I've been hoping it would go for a weekly purchase we could pick up - I've saved all my Ori since I started playing.
I might have to gamble for it :nonchalance:

I appreciate this tip, I'll do it this way if/when I try for Pegasus.

show_stoppa
01-05-2019, 09:50 PM
I've been hoping it would go for a weekly purchase we could pick up - I've saved all my Ori since I started playing.
I might have to gamble for it :nonchalance:

I appreciate this tip, I'll do it this way if/when I try for Pegasus.

2nd tip, you will most likely never get what you specifically want from olympian gift. So better save your ori for weekly item.

KmarkoPL
01-05-2019, 10:00 PM
2nd tip, you will most likely never get what you specifically want from olympian gift. So better save your ori for weekly item.

The last 3 weekly items I got already, from 2 from Olympian Gift and one from deluxe content.

longjohn119
01-05-2019, 10:13 PM
I wish they would let us take the things we buy or win and allow them to be used on all game saves like they do if you buy it from the store

longjohn119
01-05-2019, 10:20 PM
The last 3 weekly items I got already, from 2 from Olympian Gift and one from deluxe content.

I thought the Deluxe was a disappointment compared to Origins ..... You got a great sword and heavy blunt worth leveling up the entire game and a great outfit and horse ..... This time you get some gear that's not really worth leveling up for the cost especially starting at level 5 so it lasts about 30 minutes oif game play before you are replacing it so basically all I got was a nice horse and I still like Hourglass better than any other skin so far so like Origins I kept the same horse through the entire game .... The Fang horse in this one is certainly no match for Fang in Origins

KmarkoPL
01-05-2019, 10:47 PM
I wish they would let us take the things we buy or win and allow them to be used on all game saves like they do if you buy it from the store

You will have NG+ for that

show_stoppa
01-05-2019, 10:51 PM

whatever 'store item' you win or buy, is available across all save files, because items are linked to your accounts, not save files.

Black_Widow9
01-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Great tip, show_stoppa! Thanks for sharing it. :)

KmarkoPL
01-05-2019, 10:58 PM
whatever 'store item' you win or buy, is available across all save files, because items are linked to your accounts, not save files.

I believe he is talking about the in game items, not the store ones.

DuskDragon56496
01-06-2019, 01:21 AM
I definitely have to agree with this, in last weeks live event I had 140 ori, normally I just get the item then immediately pick the next, that day I happened to be looking for critical armor and started reading the stats,out of the 7 draws I had I got the celestial ship, and the celestial sword, surprised the hell out of me.I hadn't gone to the oikos store in quite a while but it's very true waiting a bit before you draw again did give me better results ,at least for that time.

ProdiGurl
01-06-2019, 02:57 PM

KmarkoPL's post (and honordragon) aren't the only ones I've read that have gotten good luck/odds gambling at Sargons which is why I take some of these complaints about terrible odds with a grain of salt. But it could be just way they were being done.

I'm very happy to read that if I do get Pegasus that I can use it on a 2nd Kassandra playthru!
i'll check Sargons this Tuesday & see what the weekly is & might even try a few gambles :D
Thanks again for this tip

KagatoAC
01-06-2019, 06:19 PM
I kinda wish I had known about this before blowing my 1,000 Ore a couple weeks ago, currently I'm saving all of mine again till the next title update / first blade dlc pt 2 drops and then im gonna buy 15-20 boxes again and see what happens.

FlyingMan78
01-07-2019, 01:13 PM
show_stoppa my friend, you're a real MVP! With ~120 ori, I've got 3 legendaries this morning, waiting for 20-30 sec. between each try (to be sure). Totally unprecedented!

https://media.giphy.com/media/SPqz9tfgMGLyo/giphy.gif

Stogey2413
01-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Somebody tell JorRaptor for the next time he goes for the Charon lieutenant! Lol