PDA

View Full Version : Kinect not seeing players

phpd7102
01-04-2019, 04:55 AM
So I have been through calibration and all that good stuff with our kinect and I have selected kinect as the controller for the game. Our problem is when you are at the join screen the kinect is not seeing players to join. This has also now started happening with the 2018 version as well, we have never had this issue before. Outside of Just Dance the kinect is working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

UbiMorning
01-05-2019, 01:59 AM
Hi phpd7102! Welcome to the forums. If you've already tried these Kinect steps (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/troubleshoot-kinect-issues), you may want to reach out to Microsoft support for assistance in the event it may be related to the Kinect itself.
Do you have the game installed on an internal or external HDD? How much space is on your drive? Have you tried these Xbox steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000026628/Basic-Xbox-One-Troubleshooting) as well?

Breezethrone
01-07-2019, 12:12 AM
I just start having the exact same problem - in just dance 2017. Have you found out what the problem is?

hbustrup
01-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Completely new xbox and kinect - with Just Dance 2019 - and exactly the same experience in not being able to join a dance. Worked fine with iPhones...

hbustrup
01-07-2019, 05:24 PM
So I re-calibrated my Kinect - which did include moving it a little forward as it was in fact seeing the edge of the table which might have interfered (?), restarted the xbox and voila it all works...fingers crossed it will stayed that way

UbiGabrinth
01-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Please anyone who is having this issue make sure to recalibrate your Kinect and then let us know if that doesn't help.

BGood06
01-11-2019, 02:54 AM
Just Dance 2019 worked for all of 2-3 days. Iíve re-calibrated, restarted, unplugged and replugged cords. The game will record an entire routing but it wonít recognize dancers on the selection screen. I canít be the only one still having this issue

UbiMorning
01-11-2019, 07:44 PM
@BGood06 Have you checked to make sure there is nothing interfering with the camera for the Kinect? When I used to play JD with my siblings on the 360, the lighting in room sometimes caused issues. To clarify, are you playing on the 360 version or XB1? Do you have the game installed on an internal or external HDD?

BGood06
01-12-2019, 01:58 AM
I have XB1 and I purchased the external disc. Iíve moved furniture, moved lights, adjusted where the camera is and still nothing. I donít get it. The game will record and playback after a routine is finished, but it wonít detect anyone on the ďplace yourself next to a dancerĒ screen

UbiMorning
01-12-2019, 07:53 PM
I have reported this to our JD team. I will update this thread once I have a bit more information.

OnuBro57
03-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Has there been an update to this issue? Same issue here with Xbox One-S and Kinect as well as phones. Records players but will not sense players or score points. Worked fine for the first few times we played. Troubleshooted as suggested, recalibrated, etc. Kinect working fine for other games so itís a JD software issue. Update please? This game is too expensive to only work a handful of times.

RavenGazer
03-10-2019, 09:01 PM
We are also having this issue. We just connected the Kinect this weekend to our Xbox One S and have done all the calibration multiple times and it does not see us at the start dance screen. It does record us which shows it is working.

greekphysics
03-10-2019, 11:11 PM
When I bought my Xbox One S, Just Dance, and Xbox Kinect a couple of years ago, I also had to purchase an adaptor to use Kinect with my Xbox One S.

Which version of Just Dance are you using? I haven't had any issues with Just Dance 2019, 2018, 2017, or 2016. However, I was unable to get Kinect to register moves with Just Dance 2015, and although I received many helpful suggestions from both Ubisoft and Xbox, I was never able to get Just Dance 2015 to work with my Xbox One S with Kinect.

RavenGazer
03-11-2019, 12:04 AM
I am using JD 2019. I bought the Xbox One S before Christmas and just bought the adapter last week. The Kinect is the one that came with Xbox One.

greekphysics
03-11-2019, 01:13 AM
You should put in a support ticket (if you haven't already done so) with as much information as possible. Good luck. :-)

drunk_munki
02-01-2020, 01:11 AM
so i have had the same issue, and searching all forums, after i turned xbox into offline mode and restarted, kinect started working.

Ubi-Swaggins
02-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Hey drunk_munki,

Thanks for letting us know!

Vojo1645
04-25-2020, 09:06 AM
I have same problem. My kinect works fine with other games, but in Just Dance 2019 it can't recognise players. I tried to recalibrate, moved kinect but it is still problem. This game is to expencive to have this kind of troubleshoot. Please fix this problem.

michaelswissguy
04-26-2020, 10:08 PM
Ok, we have the same problem.
Xbox one x, Just dance 2020, all updated, and players not recognized and not seen with kinect.
It worked in previous versions of the game, and it also works fine in other games just not with this new game.

I will try to recalibrate, and start xbox in offline mode, and repsond to share results.

But really annoying

michaelswissguy
04-27-2020, 12:41 AM
we ghave 2019 and 2020 instlled.

Ubi-Woofer
05-14-2020, 06:50 PM
I have same problem. My kinect works fine with other games, but in Just Dance 2019 it can't recognise players. I tried to recalibrate, moved kinect but it is still problem. This game is to expencive to have this kind of troubleshoot. Please fix this problem.

If you have not already done so, please open a support case (https://support.ubisoft.com/Cases/New) with us so that we can investigate this further with you. If possible, a video of the issue would be very helpful for us to look at your set-up and the fact that Kinect cannot detect you.

Ok, we have the same problem.
Xbox one x, Just dance 2020, all updated, and players not recognized and not seen with kinect.
It worked in previous versions of the game, and it also works fine in other games just not with this new game.

I will try to recalibrate, and start xbox in offline mode, and repsond to share results.

But really annoying

Have you tested the game on multiple profiles on the console, if you have another profile available to test with?

Have any of the steps mentioned so far in this thread helped you to resolve the issue, after you tried them?