PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Adder ( based on Origins ) will be another trash title....?!

adragomir86
01-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Hi guys,

You may have had heard the rumor that Assassinís Creed Origins is getting a sequel called Assassinís Creed Adder in 2020. If that is the case then I want to express my opinion:
I have tried AC:Origins but really is a trash game. Clunky and slow dodge, attack, parry and restore from knock down. And yes, I would have expected this if I would have had a stamina bar but we didn't!

No respec, difficulty had crazy spikes, horrible pylakes that made you feel weak and powerless, no quick save.... but yeah the greatest letdown was the combat...

For god's sake if I want a realistic combat I can go and get dark souls....

I finished Odyssey, a gorgeous game, and really hope Ubisoft wont let the guys that made Origins **** it up again and deliver a sh*t hole again....

So, to recap, if the game is not an RPG and has the same problems as Origins then I will surely skip this one....

Thoughts?

ProdiGurl
01-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Where to begin . . . :rolleyes:

Well, Origins did NOT suck! But I did have some issues w/ it mainly with game pacing/balance.

What I can say is after playing to Level 48 now of Odyssey, I find it a much more solid game esp. w/ combat and Origins seems very simple now.
With that said, alot here who complain about Level Scaling & difficult combat wish Odyssey was more like Origins.
I think both are good in their own different ways, I consider Origins a perfect stepping stone to Ocyssey's RPG & elevated combat/fighting.

If they implemented more of OD's combat complexity & kept the RPG, I think it would be a great game.
But in a way, I feel like moving from Odyssey back towards Origins is a step backwards if the new title didn't weave in Odyssey elements that make it alot more interesting, challenging & less simple.
I'm even in on Naval Battle now esp. if we can Recruit... I'm loving what I used to loathe :D

Asgardian02
01-03-2019, 01:31 PM
played both and really disliked origins.

cant quick save, no respecc options, only weapons to custimize ur build and hero, clunky combat system, weird controls, really hated that i kept being force to play aya (playing bayek and for sake of story telling i had to play aya), no options to interact within the story at all, many bugs havent been taking care off in origins, like when ur crouching on a wall and shoot ur bow, ur then always stuck in that position, making movement from ther on out impossible. Super annoying, The pylakes system in origins, those guys never chased me at all.

zarmor
01-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Played both also and now I can't go back to Origins….

The world in Origins is just as gorgeous and overwhelmingly beautiful, like in Oyssey, but that's it…

No RPG type dialogue and story line, poorer combat system, no customization, impossible to play with the female hero ( Aya ) unless you use the Animus... but then you get a male voice out of her mouth …. that really killed my attempt to do a second playthrough !!

Not to speak about the Naval battles that were far from being as interesting and challenging as in Odyssey…

So please if there is an add on to Origins, then Ubisoft needs to use Odyssey's gameplay and RPG system.

Just my thoughts.

ProdiGurl
01-03-2019, 02:06 PM
really hated that i kept being force to play aya (playing bayek and for sake of story telling i had to play aya)
I don't like to and don't often complain about the games, I did LOVE Origins, but THIS^ I mentioned a few times.
It also soured me on Naval (not that I was a big fan of it even w/ Black Flag), so when I saw it was in Odyssey, I was cringing.

The way Odyssey did Naval is awesome & I look forward to it!

I do feel that Origins feels like a step backwards from Odyssey, but then it was meant to be a bridge from Old AC to new and i tdid serve that purpose.

Like I said, I do want them to implement Odyssey features and it would be alot better. It's hard for me to consider replaying Origins now... but there's players who prefer Origins & think it's superior for whatever reasons.

It's not going to feature Bayek though, right?

adragomir86
01-03-2019, 02:20 PM
@all

Yes, this is exactly how I feel. I actually tried to play Origins after Odyssey and just stopped. There were too many drawbacks and stoppers. Just hope that Ubisoft will maintain the good direction of Odyssey, that is, expand it's RPG elements and preserve all the good things in Odyssey. It is such a beautiful game !

Asgardian02
01-03-2019, 03:27 PM
I don't like to and don't often complain about the games, I did LOVE Origins, but THIS^ I mentioned a few times.
It also soured me on Naval (not that I was a big fan of it even w/ Black Flag), so when I saw it was in Odyssey, I was cringing.

The way Odyssey did Naval is awesome & I look forward to it!

I do feel that Origins feels like a step backwards from Odyssey, but then it was meant to be a bridge from Old AC to new and i tdid serve that purpose.

Like I said, I do want them to implement Odyssey features and it would be alot better. It's hard for me to consider replaying Origins now... but there's players who prefer Origins & think it's superior for whatever reasons.

It's not going to feature Bayek though, right?

Well i actually got origins after already completing odyssey. I didnt want to waste unexplored areas in odyssey with the current state of xp again. So i figured lets play origins meanwhile. Now i stopped though. Really hated to be stuck within certain loops of aya forced play and not being able to complete a mission and then getting loaded back into it. Doing nightmare mode without quick save is just horrible and playing on normal or easy is really boring.

There are some features that are better then in odyssey such as parkouring and actually watching how you climb onto something, that was fun.

cawatrooper9
01-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Keeping in mind that anything about a title called "Adder", or any sequel, is nothing more than rumor currently, I'm not sure there's really anything to worry about at the moment.

show_stoppa
01-03-2019, 04:14 PM
As I said in another thread: as soon as I read that it is a collaboration between Ubi Montreal and Ubi Qubec, I knew this leak was fake.

SixKeys
01-03-2019, 04:15 PM

Better world, better main character, better soundtrack, no dialogue choices or multiple endings BS, no infinite mercenaries, allows for more player experimentation and creativity.....Just some of the reasons why I prefer Origins to Odyssey. Odyssey does have better quality of life support, I'll give it that much.

Back on topic, I don't buy this rumor.

show_stoppa
01-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Better world, better main character, better soundtrack, no dialogue choices or multiple endings BS, no infinite mercenaries, allows for more player experimentation and creativity.....Just some of the reasons why I prefer Origins to Odyssey. Odyssey does have better quality of life support, I'll give it that much.

Infinite mercenaries in Odyssey are cool.
Side quests in Odyssey are amazing.
Never ending content in Odyssey is also amazing.
Combat in Odyssey is more fun and addictive.

But I prefer Origins because the main character is probably the best in the series, and the game is extremely polished. And everything else is close to what is in Odyssey.

Though if I was stranded on an island and could take either of them, I would take Odyssey with me, because it is more fun and addictive and has tons of content.

Oh.. and the adder rumor about being a collaboration project between Montreal and Quebec... not happening. So its fake.

Asgardian02
01-03-2019, 04:32 PM

Fail to understand how origins delivers on better player experimentation and creativity. In origins you cant select a whole bunch of talents, there is no gear with perks on it that support any abilities.
Everyone can upgrade everything (bracers, bow, quiver etc) if you spend enough time and recources, this hardly provides the player with any creativty just a serious grind.

In origins you get to choose anything story wise, thats another thing where it gives you no options yet u say it leads to more player creativity...

U cant reset ability points yet another reason where creativity for the player is totally lacking just as much as experimentation. Only way to try new stuff is totally start over, what a bore..

LUR21
01-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Well said Mentor.

I heard a rumor from LazerzZ that the working title is Legion and it is being made by Ubisoft Sofia. Doesn't say if we will play as Bayek or Aya. But they will be involved somehow.

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVlsJwWJc2I&feature=youtu.be&t=429

show_stoppa
01-03-2019, 05:13 PM
I heard a rumor from LazerzZ that it's called the working title is Legion and it is being made by Ubisoft Sofia.

This rumor makes more sense. Ubisoft Sofia working on the final game in the trilogy, while Asraf Ismail's team from Ubi Montreal working on the next gen console game for 2021.

Devils-_-legacy
01-03-2019, 05:17 PM
I'd be happy to return as bayek I hated aya by the end of the game but I would prefer it if they followed the story of what happened in between meeting layla and getting the staff (gives me hope that we maybe see AltaÔr or ezio again)

show_stoppa
01-03-2019, 05:19 PM
I'd be happy to return as bayek I hated aya by the end of the game but I would prefer it if they followed the story of what happened in between meeting layla and getting the staff (gives me hope that we maybe see AltaÔr or ezio again)

Ezio and altair are history. Also you cant make a Bayek only sequel, because people who havent played origins wouldn't buy it.

Devils-_-legacy
01-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Ezio and altair are history. Also you cant make a Bayek only sequel, because people who havent played origins wouldn't buy it.
I can hope lol I just want to know if the protagonist stayed In Greece or what the hell they were up to if it wasn't helping in the assassins templar war how were they keeping the balance.
I just didn't click with them that much they felt a bit hollow I only played the base game so Im not sure if the dlcs improved the story of origins

Evenflow2018
01-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Dont know what you are all smoking, but I had about 120 hours in Odyssey before jumping into Origins for the first time.

While overall its a simpler game, and clearly the first game of the two, its by no means worse. In fact, some things it does better than Odyssey IMO.

Combat in Origins has this meaty, visceral feel that is just not there in Odyssey. I think my wife said it best: hitting someone with your weapon in Origins feels like you are using a heavy, sharp weapon to cut through bone and flesh, while in Odyssey it feels more like slashing them superficially with a knife. Couldn't' agree more. I personally like the Abilities and wheel in Odyssey, but also like the meatier, heavier and more grounded melee feel of Origins combat. Wish we can incorporate both into the perfect combat system.

Tombs in Odyssey are no where near the same planet as in Origins. How can they be? In Odyssey they are generic templates using same assets , while in Origins you get to explore the accurate representations of all the Pharonic tombs and even the interior of all the pyramids. You simply can't top that.

Both worlds are gorgeous, but Odyssey is way more colorful. Despite the zen beauty in Origins desert environment, you do get tired of brown, tan, and dark green rather quickly. Odyssey is the much prettier game because of that.

I also like how the ? marks on the map of Origins tend to be more significant and varied and not numerous cut and paste enemy camps. Less is more in this case. I feel like this was just mindless padding to fill in Odysseys massive map more than anything.

I also like Bayek a lot.

I am about 40 hours into Origins now and loving it.

Evenflow2018
01-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Fail to understand how origins delivers on better player experimentation and creativity. In origins you cant select a whole bunch of talents, there is no gear with perks on it that support any abilities.
Everyone can upgrade everything (bracers, bow, quiver etc) if you spend enough time and recources, this hardly provides the player with any creativty just a serious grind.

In origins you get to choose anything story wise, thats another thing where it gives you no options yet u say it leads to more player creativity...

U cant reset ability points yet another reason where creativity for the player is totally lacking just as much as experimentation. Only way to try new stuff is totally start over, what a bore..

I have to say this, as weird as it sounds, but not all of us like having dialogue options. Sometimes I'd rather just have a story being told to me the way it was intended to be told.

ProdiGurl
01-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Infinite mercenaries in Odyssey are cool.
Side quests in Odyssey are amazing.
Never ending content in Odyssey is also amazing.
Combat in Odyssey is more fun and addictive.

But I prefer Origins because the main character is probably the best in the series, and the game is extremely polished. And everything else is close to what is in Odyssey.

Though if I was stranded on an island and could take either of them, I would take Odyssey with me, because it is more fun and addictive and has tons of content.

Oh.. and the adder rumor about being a collaboration project between Montreal and Quebec... not happening. So its fake.
Good to know it's fake rumor & thanks @ SixKeys on that too.

I loved Bayek & asked for another game with him - I loved his passion and drive - his anger.
Aya I didn't like at all - she was way too close to the hardcore, "I'm so strong" thing that annoys me w/ female leads & even more, I didn't like how she was w/ Bayek when he needed her with him & she just took off because she was more into the cause than working with him to achieve something bigger. He obviously loved her more than she loved him.

If there were a second game, I'd want it to be Bayek finding a fellow female assassin to work with and them heading up a great brotherhood together.

SixKeys: no dialogue choices or multiple endings BS, no infinite mercenaries,
Can't agree on those as stronger points against Odyssey, but that's just subjective preference which is fine to differ on.
The Mercs in this game rival the Phylakes from origins that were one of my favorite things in that game that I looked forward to and them hunting for me through the game was AWESOME!
That's why I love Mercs - it adds a separate dynamic to the entire game and I love the chase.

I also think the bounty system was brilliant too. If they had that in every game I'd be a happy girl.
But I do respect that you love & appreciate the early AC as it was created to be.

ProdiGurl
01-03-2019, 06:05 PM
I have to say this, as weird as it sounds, but not all of us like having dialogue options. Sometimes I'd rather just have a story being told to me the way it was intended to be told.
Sometimes... yes, but in AC it's been EVERY time and due to that, I paid less attn. to it than before - I preferred the gameplay over story bcuz I honestly didn't grasp everything about Isu/modern day stuff (and really didn't care).
Now that I'm actually involved in the dialog/story, I'm having to make my own choices for better or worse and seeing the outcome of those. Before, the game told you where you screwed up - this time I can possibly pick a better way (maybe a way I would have done it myself?).
The main story is still there - we're just deciding some of the aspects of it.

RPG won't be agreed on in this series becuz it never began as one. Change is always harder but at least they've slowly moved into it.

faiswol341
01-03-2019, 06:15 PM
I played both and have platinum in both of them I ejoyed origins it's was my first ac games

Dirtrider00
01-03-2019, 07:21 PM
Well, although I platinum'd Odyssey, and having no real ties to the AC series other than seeing the movie, I didn't see anything in Odyssey to make me want to invest any time into the AC storyline. If anything, I'd rather them, whether through Kassandra, or something new altogether, move toward, nevermind, I'm more of the rpg guy. I'll move along now.

I will say that I'm more interested in Kassandra's storyline than I am in Byeks? from Origins.

IRCRomeo
01-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Lifetime AC fan, one of the biggest in the world. Put 130 hours into Origins, platinumed it and all DLC.

Odyssey? Lasted about 20 hours before I realized I was forcing myself to play and just was not having fun. Never put the disc back in since launch week.

Asgardian02
01-03-2019, 07:35 PM
Sometimes... yes, but in AC it's been EVERY time and due to that, I paid less attn. to it than before - I preferred the gameplay over story bcuz I honestly didn't grasp everything about Isu/modern day stuff (and really didn't care).
Now that I'm actually involved in the dialog/story, I'm having to make my own choices for better or worse and seeing the outcome of those. Before, the game told you where you screwed up - this time I can possibly pick a better way (maybe a way I would have done it myself?).
The main story is still there - we're just deciding some of the aspects of it.

RPG won't be agreed on in this series becuz it never began as one. Change is always harder but at least they've slowly moved into it.

This.

In games where you get no options to the outcome of the ending like d3 (great game but for other reasons) or origins i just didnt care at all about the story and lore and just tried to click through every dialogue as fast as possible just to get back into fighting.

Not only didnt you get any options in origins but also were the clips so darn ****ing long, that i just pressed space a lot just to be done with it.

seeing how developers put a lot of thought and energy in those stories it seems a total waste of players dont feel engaged and just click through them.

Granted the options within odyssey are very limited and i would like them to enhance this, but i felt somewhat more engaged within the story then i was in origins.

ProdiGurl
01-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Not only didnt you get any options in origins but also were the clips so darn ****ing long, that i just pressed space a lot just to be done with it.

LOL - "ya ya ya, let's get to the next target to stalk & kill" :p

seeing how developers put a lot of thought and energy in those stories it seems a total waste of players dont feel engaged and just click through them.

Granted the options within odyssey are very limited and i would like them to enhance this, but i felt somewhat more engaged within the story then i was in origins.
Yes and yes - I'm always more about gameplay than story but it's a double plus when you get both. I'm honestly thrilled so far w/ the story & side missions I've played.
It's nice to feel more invested into it. It's been a real long time.

I'm completely ready for them to take RPG dialog/choices to a much deeper level. I appreciate them going slowly like they did w/ Origins as a bridge to Odyssey's RPG - but it was RPG light (which is fine for their first one).

ninja4hire10
01-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Love 'em both, even if for completely differing reasons.

ODY's regular in-game content plus everything that's is and will be included with the season pass is (to me) more meaningful, more..."layered," if that makes sense...than Origins. I definitely got a lot more bang for my buck.

But I like Bayek and Aya more than Alex and Kass and enjoyed the Origins story more, which I thought was a little more on-point, a little more...again, "in touch"...with the lore and with the soft reboot.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd have to go with ODY simple because the sheer amount of gaming involved.

Lysette88
01-04-2019, 06:11 AM
The pylakes system in origins, those guys never chased me at all.

This was the actual ok part of it - I really hate the "radar" controlled mercenaries in Odyssey, which are always on your back - in Origins one could avoid Pylakes easily, the same isn't true for Odyssey and creates stressful game play, which I just do not enjoy at all.

adragomir86
01-04-2019, 09:52 AM
As I said earlier, the clunky and slow combat and techniques are a show stopper for me. Just put the combat from Odyssey. I can live with bad story, invincible and infinite mercs but with a bad combat system like Origins I can't because I feel I am playing Dark Souls and I attacked by 5-7 monsters melee & ranged. Not fun.

SixKeys
01-05-2019, 05:33 AM

I can tell you my favorite memory from Origins: I was stalking around a fortress, saw a guard sitting next to a campfire with an oil barrel next to him. "If I shoot the oil barrel, he won't die because he has too much HP, jhe'll just alert the others," I thought. Is there a way to kill him using the oil barrel without alerting everyone?
I shoot him with a sleep dart, then shoot the oil barrel, and watch gleefully as he burns away in his sleep. It was hilarious, and only came about because Origins offered tools like sleep darts and berserk darts.

Another time a guard spotted me while I was sneaking around a haybale. I quickly darted into a bush and watched as the guard approached the haybale. He started poking at it, thinking I was hiding inside. I shot a flaming arrow into the haybale, sending it up in flames and scaring him half to death.
Can't do that in Odyssey, because the creative director thinks haybales are "unrealistic". :rolleyes:

Another time I was very close to being spotted by a captain who was heading towards my hiding spot. I wondered quickly how to distract him. There was a cart nearby, driven by two oxen. I shot an arrow or possibly berserk dart at one of them. The oxen freaked out and ran off dragging the cart behind them. The captain turned towards the commotion and started running after the oxen instead of looking for me.

In Origins you could kill the population of an entire village with a chain reaction started by a single corpse poisoned with flesh decay. One time I made it my mission to poison the entire fortress full of bad guys. One by one they all fell to same mysterious illness as they examined their comrades' corpses. I roleplayed that word would later spread that they all died due to a curse sent by the gods to punish them for their wicked deeds. :cool:

There is also the infamous "Sandman" trick, where you blow a sleep dart into a nearby flame in the middle of a camp, and the smoke makes all the enemies fall asleep simultaneously, allowing you to either ghost around and steal their valuables without killing anyone, or murdering all of them in their sleep.

Origins also allowed you to reasonably study a target's daily schedule and plan your attack accordingly. I would sometimes sneak into someone's bedroom, wait there for nightfall and strike as he lay down to sleep. For some reason they made it harder to do this in Odyssey. You can only track some targets' paths but not all, and there's no way to know what determines this.

You can't even use Ikaros to distract people because even if you only target one person, it sends everyone in the vicinity into an alert state, making it that much harder to sneak around. So why bother using this skill? In Origins Senu could harass individual guards and it wouldn't send everyone else into a panic.

Choosing between two dialogue options is not creativity. You're just making a choice between two pre-planned story twists. You're not really creating your own story, you're still following someone else's vision.
Creativity is what happens when you give each player a bunch of tools and skills and create an environment full of opportunities to experiment with those tools to create unique scenarios. Maybe you killed Captain X with a quick and simple stab in the back, whereas I killed the same target after hours of meticulous planning and studying his daily routine. Maybe you killed him with one of his own bodyguards who was sent into a blind rage by a berserk dart. Maybe you sleepdarted him, then killed a nearby cat and poisoned it with flesh decay, so the target seemingly dies after contracting a deadly disease from a dead animal, erasing all traces that would lead people to suspect you.

In short, Odyssey doesn't invite you to experiment with your environment the way Origins does. Every camp and fortress has oil jars all over the place, but they're more useless than in Origins because setting someone on fire is not, in itself, enough to kill them. All it does is alert the entire camp. So why would the player bother? Origins gave you more tools to finish the job. You could think to yourself "I wonder what happens if I try this?" and it didn't feel like the game would punish you for experimenting.

Finally: as for resetting skill points, it's not in Origins because you don't need it. Unlike Odyssey, the game allows you to purchase every single skill eventually if that's what you want.

show_stoppa
01-05-2019, 05:56 AM
Great observations SixKeys. And I can relate to most of these experiences, as I have done them myself. I would also like to add that I used to love sneaking into forts by hiding in the ox carts.

The only thing in Origins that I didn't like was the ability added with DLC, where predator shots would auto poison enemies. That was extremely owerpowered, and all you had to do was just shoot 1 person with the predator shot (long bow in Origins I think), and all enemies in a fort used to die eventually.

Asgardian02
01-05-2019, 08:27 AM
In short, Odyssey doesn't invite you to experiment with your environment the way Origins does. Every camp and fortress has oil jars all over the place, but they're more useless than in Origins because setting someone on fire is not, in itself, enough to kill them. All it does is alert the entire camp. So why would the player bother? Origins gave you more tools to finish the job. You could think to yourself "I wonder what happens if I try this?" and it didn't feel like the game would punish you for experimenting.

Finally: as for resetting skill points, it's not in Origins because you don't need it. Unlike Odyssey, the game allows you to purchase every single skill eventually if that's what you want.

thnx for sharing.

Doesnt make sense to me aquire all ability points when i dont want to use most of them, id rather then spent it into mastery or in my case into warrior damage (origins) evn though i wont add a whole lot damage. I prefer a system like diablo3, where based on items you loot you start to get creative and setup a build around those items. Then later when you find better and better items you keep adjusting and perfecting your build for your personal playstyle. In origins i felt i didnt have a whole lot of options though with so few items to equip that have stats on them. I didnt like the combat either.

In odyssey vs orrigins you at least have way more euipment to choose from that leads for me to more build diversity, but we all have different opinions right ;-)

When i started off in odyssey playing nightmare i would play as an assassin, but as i got stronger and more skilled i was glad i could just walk into a fort and kill everyone. I dont like to play sneaky or shoot from a distance.

SecretSpyDude
01-05-2019, 09:25 AM
I mean technically you can get every skill in Odyssey too...It just takes a LOT more work than in Origins in addition to the fact that it's not viable to do it anyway because you can only really focus on two stats.

I am mainly specced into Assassin and Warrior, but I also have lots of +all dmg on my gear so Hunter dmg isn't that far behind. And I use Falx of Olympos to double all my damage. And my Hunter damage is STILL worthless. Even with 3 points into the Hunter damage skill in the skill tree...

SixKeys
01-06-2019, 07:01 PM
thnx for sharing.

Doesnt make sense to me aquire all ability points when i dont want to use most of them, id rather then spent it into mastery or in my case into warrior damage (origins) evn though i wont add a whole lot damage. I prefer a system like diablo3, where based on items you loot you start to get creative and setup a build around those items. Then later when you find better and better items you keep adjusting and perfecting your build for your personal playstyle. In origins i felt i didnt have a whole lot of options though with so few items to equip that have stats on them. I didnt like the combat either.

In principle I prefer the Odyssey method of actually having to consider carefully which branch to invest your skill points, and I like that you're not forced to buy a bunch of useless skills along the way just to unlock something you really want. The snag is that the branches in Odyssey are very unbalanced, with Warrior being by far the most useful whereas the Assassin tree has the least interesting skill options. Many of the so-called "Assassin" skills feel more like they belong to Warrior, like Hero Strike and Rush Assassinate. It's almost like they couldn't think of a way to make this a game where being a silent assassin is equally empowering as being an invincible tank and couldn't come up with skills that felt truly unique for stealth. But I digress.

Personally I don't like the combat in either Origins or Odyssey, but I dislike Odyssey's more because I think the animations are even uglier and feel unrealistic.

In odyssey vs orrigins you at least have way more euipment to choose from that leads for me to more build diversity, but we all have different opinions right ;-)

I guess. Personally I've always stuck with my trusty hidden blade and a sword in past games because everything else (besides spears) looks stupid hanging off the assassin. I sold or dismantled most of the weapons in Odyssey as I had no need for them and now with the transmog system (which I do like very much) there's hardly any point to ever swapping away from your favorite gear. You can just keep upgrading the same stuff to the max and using the same skin over them throughout the entire game.

When i started off in odyssey playing nightmare i would play as an assassin, but as i got stronger and more skilled i was glad i could just walk into a fort and kill everyone. I dont like to play sneaky or shoot from a distance.

I would be interested in finding out how much overlap there is between people who love Odyssey and those who prefer the Warrior playstyle. Most of my friends who prefer stealth are critical of Odyssey and tend to prefer Origins.

ProdiGurl
01-06-2019, 08:06 PM
I guess. Personally I've always stuck with my trusty hidden blade and a sword in past games because everything else (besides spears) looks stupid hanging off the assassin. I sold or dismantled most of the weapons in Odyssey as I had no need for them and now with the transmog system (which I do like very much) there's hardly any point to ever swapping away from your favorite gear. You can just keep upgrading the same stuff to the max and using the same skin over them throughout the entire game.

I would be interested in finding out how much overlap there is between people who love Odyssey and those who prefer the Warrior playstyle. Most of my friends who prefer stealth are critical of Odyssey and tend to prefer Origins.
Hidden Blades are fine, just get boring after so many years of the same one shot action. It's not as satisfying as the Spear is in OD. (just preferences).

I love Warrior most and love Odyssey & Origins both for different reasons but I like Odyssey more for the entire content of the game other than just combat.

Much more to do, abilities are more fun & interesting (& like you mention, not having to sink points in tree to get ones we actually want), extensive bounties/Merc system that mirrors Origins' original Phylakes (I think there 8 of them?), Naval is fun esp. w/ added recruiting, now when I level quickly the rest of the game levels to me so I'm not having to skip the majority of side missions, no Aya missions (disliked the Naval battles and disliked her as a character).
I liked the combat in Origins too - I like the long tedious stealth missions being broken up by letting loose on opponents.

AnimusLover
01-06-2019, 08:31 PM
LazerzZ has been hit and miss in the past with his scoops but lately he's been on a roll. btw weren't Sofia the people partly behind Unity?

No, the problem is the developers didn't put any thought or energy into the story of Origins, an absolute mess from the start with some of the most unlikeable characters to date. Nearly all of its problems are identical to those in Unity Ė generic revenge plot, an undeveloped love story albeit with actors who have a lot of chemistry, a poorly paced and thinly veiled tutorial, a ridiculous self-serious tone that verges on unintentional comedy etc etc etc. The ďlack of choiceĒ is not what's wrong with it. ACII had no choices and itís considered to be the best one because of its story and protagonist. Odyssey is actually at its most engaging imo during the cut scenes like when Kassandra finds Myrrine or the assassination of Xerxes. That might be because the branching story lines wasnít done very well and there are some serious continuity errors which break immersion.

@sixkeys you summed up perfectly why Origins has way better stealth than Odyssey - there is a sense that the devs want you to be creative with the environment and to actually think about what youíre doing. In Odyssey it's very obvious that they scaled any sort of strategic approach back in order to push the use of Assassin abilities. The problem is the Assassin abilities are very under-thought and some of them outright breaks the game like infinite Shadow of Nyx. Thatís literally the devs going, Ēour stealth system is so crap, here have this outfit that enables you to bypass it completely.Ē

I've done two full playthroughs of Odyssey. On my first playthrough I went with a warrior playstyle because the game was almost pushing me from the very beginning to due to those cool abilities in the prologue. The second playthrough I took a more stealth approach and it wasn't as fun because of more or less some of the reasons you mentioned. Stealth has never been great in AC but I feel with Unity and Origins there was at least a sense that the devs wanted you to do it. I read an article a while back that concluded that Odyssey absolutely hates it when you try to play as an Assassin and I think thatís mostly true. It definitely has the worst stealth in any of the AC games and only someone who has played all AC games would realise that.

longjohn119
01-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Mercs are easy ..... in fact I have 15 of them I captured for my ship ...... Nearly all female and several are real sweethearts .....

AC Odyssey: Sea of Babes Edition .....

Luvbeers7
01-07-2019, 10:50 AM
I think the rumors can be true... two things, when they first leaked details about odyssey, they said the one after will be in Rome... heck before origins it was leaked that the next three would be Egypt, Greece and Rome. Also the art department like to tweak the assassin's creed font just a bit each game... and you can see that in the dev logo.

Question is what will they call it? Adder is obviously a working title...

https://i.imgur.com/vtkaq5H.jpg

Stogey2413
01-07-2019, 04:50 PM
This thread pretty much turned into an ACO vs. ACOD debate. But as for the original post, I'll never understand why someone will spend their energy complaining about a game before it comes out, especially when it's based on rumors over a year before the game is thought to release. Really it's no surprise, seeing as the same happened for Origins and Odyssey, but it's illogical.

gehenna27
01-08-2019, 10:12 AM
LazerzZ has been hit and miss in the past with his scoops but lately he's been on a roll. btw weren't Sofia the people partly behind Unity?

Going by Wikipedia, Sofia was one of the few studios that didn't contribute towards Unity. (: Though they did Rogue which has direct ties to Unity if you want to count that.
They are one of the main developers of Liberation and also worked on Black Flag.

Achilleus-
01-12-2019, 07:14 PM
It makes sense that the next game will be about the nascent Roman Empire. There are many Roman Empire fanboys and girls. When the Roman Republic became the Roman Empire in 27BC by the hand of Caesar's son Octavian.

For my taste that would be boring and way too similar to Origins.

Like a halfway point between Origins and Brotherhood. I don't like it when they go forward in time. I think these games benefit from a complete overhaul of the time period in every release.

In my view, now is the perfect time to cover the most famous war in history; Trojan War, Achilles, Agamemnon, Homer, etc. 1200BC. That setting is perfect for Ubisoft's playing with history as what is and isn't known is 50%-50%.

Lysette88
01-12-2019, 07:18 PM
The pylakes system in origins, those guys never chased me at all.

This was the actual good part of it - I really dislike ACOD mercenaries with their built-in radar. Well,it is even worse - some teleport into your vicinity - one moment on the other side of the island, next moment, near to you - I dislike that in ACOD.

Lysette88
01-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Stealth has never been great in AC but I feel with Unity and Origins there was at least a sense that the devs wanted you to do it. I read an article a while back that concluded that Odyssey absolutely hates it when you try to play as an Assassin and I think that’s mostly true. It definitely has the worst stealth in any of the AC games and only someone who has played all AC games would realise that.

Hm, I played those games as a stealthy assassin - i couldn't complain about bad stealth game play. And it is as well not bad in Odyssey - I guess it is a matter of different approaches to stealth, why some feel it to be lacking and some really like it. I would say stealth in Odyssey is different but not worse - stealth as in - get in without to be seen, if possible, complete the objective, get out without to be seen - not creating a mess, but focusing on completing the mission - and this can still be done in Odyssey (even some location objectives are clearly not following this principle, but then again, no one forces me to complete location objectives, which have nothing to do with story content most of the time).

Lysette88
01-12-2019, 08:00 PM

i guess that is a given - more combat oriented players will certainly prefer Odyssey over Origins - but that is ok, in Odyssey the protagonists are mercenaries, who's profession is doing the dirty work for coin for pretty much anyone who pays well. Origins has in Bayek a person, who is helping because he thinks it is a moral imperative to do so. Not personal gain is in the foreground in Origins, but humanitarian reasons. Odyssey is more "free-style" in that moral concern are of minor importance as long as the reward is acceptable. At least that is how it is likely to be played (even my Kassandra does not seem to develop this characteristics - in a way I play here more in Bayek style).

show_stoppa
01-12-2019, 08:28 PM
As I have said before, the Adder rumor has no truth to it.

If I had to guess, then, does anyone remember this young guy whom Bayek saves in Origins and then asks him to go and meet Aya ? He is still a young guy in Origins. And the next game will be based on that guy, with small mentions of Aya and Bayek. It will be set in Italy/Rome and will be set a few years after Hidden Ones and will serve as the final chapter of this new age final trilogy of AC games on current gen consoles.

longjohn119
01-12-2019, 10:35 PM
That's basically what I've been saying they should do but I don't know one way or the other if that is the direction they are heading ..... That's basically how I laid it out, a new protagonist with Bayek and Aya playing elder founders of the Hidden Ones but essentially non-playable but parts of some of the missions or 'headquarters' cutscenes ..... And of course set in the Roman Empire .... Personally I'd rather see Rome next than Japan or China since neither have been all that relevant to the main story arc , at not least on a level that Rome no doubt is

Mushashi7
01-13-2019, 01:20 AM
I don't even want to know what the titel of the next game will be. I just hope it will be as good as Odyssey.

Carch
01-13-2019, 03:15 AM
Origins isn't a trash title. OP is a trash title.

Just my opinion, of course.

Locopells
01-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Have to say, this all sounds like old speculation under a new title.

As other's have said, I'd wait until you get something a bit more concrete, folks.