PDA

View Full Version : building equip...

Veanom
01-03-2019, 12:03 AM
Is just me or perk system is just not interesting and unrewarding?

Ubiflowessence
01-03-2019, 01:53 AM
What are some reasons you find the perks system to be less rewarding? Are there any features or rewards in particular you think is lacking in perks?

Veanom
01-03-2019, 02:31 AM
Some perks are cool but there is alot of perks with very small bonus ex.: +15 health regen after a kill, shield of +15 health etc..

I feel that perks are bland and not depth... you build the hero based on what you find after a battle, there are not alot space for customization...

I would love something like rpg stats, need more health? attack speed? crit attack? etc, who dont like these rpg features could play a "realistic mode" with no rpg features.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-03-2019, 02:37 AM
Some perks are cool but there is alot of perks with very small bonus ex.: +15 health regen after a kill, shield of +15 health etc..

I feel that perks are bland and not depth... you build the hero based on what you find after a battle, there are not alot space for customization...

I would love something like rpg stats, need more health? attack speed? crit attack? etc, who dont like these rpg features could play a "realistic mode" with no rpg features.

sooooo….gear score then. Good luck selling that back to them.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-03-2019, 02:38 AM

sooooo….gear score then. Good luck selling that back to them.

Inzzane_79
01-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Please no, stop bringing rpg mechanics into a fighting game (for me For Honor is a fighting game)

Corentin10111
01-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Please no, stop bringing rpg mechanics into a fighting game (for me For Honor is a fighting game)

100% agree, customisation should be only cosmetic. The thing is that the dev team made the mistake to implement gear score. The community told them it was crap, but instead of giving up on it (for the sake of the game), they changed it into perks (to keep selling loot boxes). The dev team is too afraid to take risks to eventually fix the game, digging for honor's grave deeper and deeper every season..

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-03-2019, 10:04 PM
100% agree, customisation should be only cosmetic. The thing is that the dev team made the mistake to implement gear score. The community told them it was crap, but instead of giving up on it (for the sake of the game), they changed it into perks (to keep selling loot boxes). The dev team is too afraid to take risks to eventually fix the game, digging for honor's grave deeper and deeper every season..
The only thing broken about gear score was revenge builds. They changed it completely as a money grab which is fine with me to. I personally never saw anything wrong with a devoted player having higher stats due to their Rep with that character. When I was a noob I didn't mind it because It just meant I needed to grind a character for a short while. The perk system is OK but it not worth it's complexity or it's grind time.

Corentin10111
01-05-2019, 08:46 PM
The only thing broken about gear score was revenge builds. They changed it completely as a money grab which is fine with me to. I personally never saw anything wrong with a devoted player having higher stats due to their Rep with that character. When I was a noob I didn't mind it because It just meant I needed to grind a character for a short while. The perk system is OK but it not worth it's complexity or it's grind time.

Yeah i get you, i personally think that they should have kept the lootboxes for cosmetics.. The gear stats/perks are not really improving the game experience and it took a lot of time for the devs to implement and change it. After 690 days the heros from season one are still not balanced, i feel like they should have focused on the balancing and taken another direction with the game. They still could do it anytime but like the majority of the player base i 'm pretty hopeless about for honor now..

Dickerd
01-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Might just be me but I'd love to see the perk system expanded on and have all the perks available to all hero types. Obviously the perks would need to be balanced but I think it would be great to allow every hero to equip 3 or 4 max perks depending on your gear level. So grey gear allows you to pick 1 perk and teal max level gear allows you to pick any 3 Or 4 perks from the list. Maybe locking people to 2 of a certain kind would help balance. So you could have 2 defense perks 2 offense perks or 2 offense 1 defense 1 utility. Would be cool in my opinion.

Vendelkin
01-07-2019, 09:35 PM
Perk system is wildly frustrating and locked in right now as a huge steel waste with limited options.

That said i like it better than the old gs for more reasons than just the revenge build.

THAT said ive proposed this a couple times, but if ubi wanted to keep the same balance i would love it if they cut in half the effectiveness of all perks then just put one perk on each piece of gear. Grey gear only chest and weapon blade could have perks. Each gear color rank opens a new gear slot to perks so by the time you hit teal you have all 6.

You could stack two of the same perk to get its full effect. This would allow all heroes to effectively use all perks WITH bonus customization options. You could eventually run 3 full perks, or you could run 1 full and then 4 smaller effects essentially. Balancing would stay the same as it is now between rep ranks, but more options and customization would be available for all.

*edit with few more thoughts* also some perks are innately unbalanced right now

And finally i know ubi likes its micro transactions..... soooooo if they wanted they could lock every gear pieces perk (except chest armor and blade slot) behind a small steel amount similar to upgrade system that increased slightly based on at what rep the perk slot unlocks (ie the rep 8 perk slot costs the most.) That way being post rep 8 ubi still gets to burn our steel *sigh* but customization and balancing would be better.

JaxRiot
01-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Im a new player, having played barely over a week and the Perk thing has me a bit confused.

Currently my highest level character just hit Reputation 3 (very low I know) and I have been getting the Rare (blue) gear, so I decided to experiment and see if I could activate two of those beginner perks- Shields Up and Devourer

I can easily get Shields Up, up to 600 and higher, but Devourer maxes out. Even on gear that still has room for advancement at level 11, with one more upgrade left, it says it is maxed.

I dont get it, and kind of feel like I wasted a lot of salvage trying. Its not the end of the world and Im still new, but I would have like to have known that it would cap like that, and I still dont know why it did.

As for the Perks in general, I think they look more like Quality of Life additions. None of them seem like very big advantages but might help if youre in a bind. Almost as if they are optional.

But then again, I am still very new and have not experienced most of them yet so I may be very wrong.

On a side note since I am here- Why does nobody talk in game? I keep trying to start conversations and try to make friends, but everyone is always so quiet. Are there even groups that people join? Like Guilds or Clans, or whatever they might be called here?

Illyrian_King
01-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Gear Score was much better. This is NOT a fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter. From the very first second this was advertised as a battle simulator. A battle simulator should also simulate differences in gear. Now there is nothing to frind for, and this is NOT fun.

The only really nasty thing was Revenge Build, but the rest was barely sensable. Just enough to make it at least a bit more authentic to differ between a rusty sword and a royal blade.