How do you know the exact date?

flightyfairy
01-02-2019, 04:21 PM
10th
Ugh! Seems SO long!

show_stoppa
01-02-2019, 05:13 PM
How do you know the exact date?
2nd DLC episodes will be on 15th. To add support for that, the update will come before that. Updates usually come on a Thursday because Tuesday is a weekly reset. Updates also come after this month in Odyssey video, patch notes and a post by Ubi mods about service downtime. Today is already Wednesday, so too late for all that to happen in time for tomorrow. Hence next Thursday, the 10th

Ubi-Zubi
01-02-2019, 09:50 PM
We will share in the forums when the next update will be released. Keep checking the sticky threads at the top of the front page for updates! :o

palmaker
01-05-2019, 11:29 AM
I found this thread, and I should say I’m not quite happy with the “keep checking forums” response, sorry.
You guys certainly have an internal calendar, which likely has everything planned out like 6 month ahead, and you want thousands of players “checking forums”.
I know it’s hard to give exact days and you don’t want to spoil any news, but could you perhaps share at least a vague statement, like “we plan to have three more updates roughly once every month”?
It was nice to see “This month in AC Odyssey” for December, but news page was quite kind of empty through all the holidays. Lots of wasted opportunities for Christmas/New Year sales, imho.

Be.Vik
01-05-2019, 11:51 AM
I found this thread, and I should say I’m not quite happy with the “keep checking forums” response, sorry.
You guys certainly have an internal calendar, which likely has everything planned out like 6 month ahead, and you want thousands of players “checking forums”.
I know it’s hard to give exact days and you don’t want to spoil any news, but could you perhaps share at least a vague statement, like “we plan to have three more updates roughly once every month”?
It was nice to see “This month in AC Odyssey” for December, but news page was quite kind of empty through all the holidays. Lots of wasted opportunities for Christmas/New Year sales, imho.

https://vulkk.com/2018/09/15/ubisoft-reveals-assassins-creed-odyssey-season-pass-contents-and-free-post-launch-content-roadmap/

Enjoy!:)

DreadGrrl
01-05-2019, 06:04 PM

Things can change.

If they announce well ahead of time that something will happen on a specific date, and then they find a game breaking bug, encounter a development issue that slows the process, get hung up waiting for Microsoft or Sony approval, or a hundred other things that could go wrong and delay the release, then the player base will be in an uproar.

Dammed if you do. Dammed if you don’t.

When Ubi knows the exact date (which they can’t know for sure until they have Microsoft and Sony approval for any patches, updates, or new DLC) they’ll let us know.

palmaker
01-06-2019, 02:02 AM
I am not looking for exact dates, I’m just trying to figure out should I keep logging into the game daily to play a 5 minute daily quest in hope to see a new odyssey quest, or should I forget about the game for the next 3-6 months and then come back and quickly finish any new quests. The downside is that I’ll skip a few oricalcum item shop rewards (which are anyway pretty cosmetic for the endgame) and will have to re-train the button layout. The upside is of course more free time and no repetitive daily chores.

P.S. I wouldn’t bring the supposedly slow Sony or Microsoft store review process as a defense for delayed updates. We’ve seen many times that fixes for critical bugs in a triple-A game could make their way to the consoles next day the bugs have been found.

SecretSpyDude
01-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Give it around a week, give or take 3 days