PDA

View Full Version : Need slowing down

ProtoSoul9
01-01-2019, 12:38 AM
JJ, Tiandi and Shaolin, these 3 characters need slowing down.

JJ - The most OP character the game has ever had, hes a heavy yet is as fast as an assassin, he hits as hard as an UB heavy from the big samurai dude (what's his name?)

Tiandi and Shaolin - these two are just crazy fast, you can not react to them I time. If you can't block them due to their speed how are you supposed to win?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-01-2019, 02:05 AM
His name is shugoki. Are you on console then?

ProtoSoul9
01-01-2019, 02:26 AM
His name is shugoki. Are you on console then?

Shugoki, that's right, thanks and yes, I am on console.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-01-2019, 02:55 AM
Your complaint is valid on console. Of course their are things you can do to make it better like have a wired controller, pc monitor, ect. Because ubi wont balance pc and console separately we console players (which are the majority) have to suffer with unreactable light spam which makes the game frustrating at times. Add in latency and hits going through guard then it becomes a bit of a nightmare. The best way to minimize its affect on your game play is the buddy system. always stick close by at least one of your allies and work together in a fight. Try to farm revenge off the light spammer if you know how to do that.

The fact that this game lets characters cheese wins on console when this game was originally suppose to be disigned as a slow methotical fight game is dissapointing.

papa_joseph1
01-01-2019, 08:00 AM
It really is a shame that the console version of this game is not balanced separately, i played it a bit at a friends house and when i went back to my PC and 144FPS, land, it's like an entirely diffrent video game to be honest, not balancing them apart is stupid.

ProtoSoul9
01-01-2019, 12:02 PM
It is very difficult, especially with Wu Lin, the red indicator flashes red and in a blink of an eyes it us gone again and you have been hit.

I have a wired connection and controller is always wired up too.

Norbert777pl
01-02-2019, 03:36 AM
The best for honor was in first season. It just getting worse with every new character. I stopped playing with marching fire, game became to fast.

RagingtheReturn
01-02-2019, 05:38 AM
What are your guy's opinions on jang jun's fast heavies. I think they are fine damage wise but maybe speed could use a rework on the console to compensate for the latency. Can Jang Jun change or delay the speed at which he throws his heavies? On console it seems like at times it will be too fast then next time you go to fight him his heavy is slower making it unpredictable to parry.

Knight_Raime
01-02-2019, 06:23 AM
It really is a shame that the console version of this game is not balanced separately, i played it a bit at a friends house and when i went back to my PC and 144FPS, land, it's like an entirely diffrent video game to be honest, not balancing them apart is stupid.

"JuST BaLAnCe SEpArAteLY." Please.

You don't do that. You create two different experiences this way. If one experience turns out to be better than the other then you hurt the population/sales of another.
These devs already take months to push a balance patch and you think it's a good idea to double their work load? It's also important to recognize that console can have a comparable experience to pc with the right setup. (decent monitor, decent wired connection, wired controller.) High level console play is nearly identical to high level pc play.

Console's problem isn't frames. It's connection/input delay based. Both of which can and should be midigated from both a player and a developer standpoint. Adding in lag comp was a good start but they still need to tweak it some. The changes that are happening that make things harder to deal with are being put forth to improve the entire FH experience. Not Just for high tier play.
It's a bit ignorant to assume said changes have been appeasing high tier players as well.

Matter of the fact is the high tier players are just as frustrated as the rest of you guys. Because at their level most of the kits still fall down to a single move or tactic. Separate balance does not solve this issue. The developers changing their design philosophies and reworking the older heros from the ground up solves part of the issue. Addressing the games base mechanics by changing them would solve the other issue. The devs are unlikely to do either.

Best hope anyone has of having a good experience that supports both casual and competitive play is looking to the future for "for honor 2." Because they're only going to do so much with this game. I really doubt they're going to rebuild the game from the ground up (like it needs) with the first installment of a new IP. The division is another UBI product that had this exact issue. And while they did a LOT to improve that game they're launching a sequel that already off the bat has addressed many issues with the first title.

papa_joseph1
01-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Best hope anyone has of having a good experience that supports both casual and competitive play is looking to the future for "for honor 2." Because they're only going to do so much with this game. I really doubt they're going to rebuild the game from the ground up (like it needs) with the first installment of a new IP. The division is another UBI product that had this exact issue. And while they did a LOT to improve that game they're launching a sequel that already off the bat has addressed many issues with the first title.

As far as i know, that's never going to happen,Ubisoft is taking For Honor, sink or swim, in the direction that Rainbow Six Siege is, IE, they are just going to keep rebuilding it forever and attempt to make a competitive game out of it, whilst R6S is perfect for it.....for honor? not so much.

Just look at what happened post marching fire, this is just the Steam playerbase, but it should represent well, this has gone horrifically bad, the Devs should have fixed the problems before dumping content patches like this, no wonder nobody wants to play this game outside of the dedicated fan base like us, it's so hard to get into with the cheese meta that is going around right now.

https://i.imgur.com/U9sEsyL.png

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Is that average players for 30 days? Wow those are really low numbers. I hope console players are higher cuz that is a dead game.

ProtoSoul9
01-02-2019, 11:38 PM
"It's also important to recognize that console can have a comparable experience to pc with the right setup. (decent monitor, decent wired connection, wired controller.) High level console play is nearly identical to high level pc play.

I have spoken to players who have played PC and console, and the majority of them have agreed it feels like a completely, different game.
There are some that say they can't see a difference.

I have a connected connection, a ps4 pro and controller is always wired. So I know it is all good on my side.

It does seem Ubi care more about PC than they do console.

Ubiflowessence
01-03-2019, 01:57 AM
I've noticed players saying they feel a difference on pc as well and I will share this with the team to see if it can be looked into!

papa_joseph1
01-03-2019, 04:18 AM
Is that average players for 30 days? Wow those are really low numbers. I hope console players are higher cuz that is a dead game.

PC has the lowest user base as far as i know, i think the Xbox One is the top and the PS4 is second.

It's sad the best version of this game is the one that is dying so bad.

MCBooma16
01-03-2019, 05:49 AM
Nate Cadillac says he doesn't feel a difference, and he's a deflect god

bannex19
01-03-2019, 06:06 AM
I play on both and there is def a difference.

Console:
Pros

Quick matchmaking
Light spam is easy for new players to be successful in pvp (con as well)
Pretty active pve community
Hard for toxic players to harass you

Cons

If you have an average setup (wireless controller, not a great TV, middle of the road internet) some things like GB and certain attacks are basically unreactible.

Only voice chat and quick messages to respond.
Voice chat can't be completely turned off, you have to go in and mute specific players.

PC
Pros

How the game is meant to be played even on an average rig.
Great graphics
Multitude of controller options
Keyboard chat
All attacks are readable

Cons

Hello? Anybody here?
CTD bugs
Hackers

Corentin10111
01-03-2019, 04:38 PM
I've noticed players saying they feel a difference on pc as well and I will share this with the team to see if it can be looked into!

I've noticed that everybody know this from day one.. It's been 688 days.............................................. ....
The only way to fix it is to balance the game diffently between consoles and pc version or to have 60fps on consoles, we know it won't happen.

EnjoyTheRandoms
01-04-2019, 01:59 PM
on pc tiandi is c tier in 4vs4 in setmyx's tier list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bk6y7jw2ujLrjm0Zzbb4aEZUV13gyGoy-IobrkfNgaY/edit#gid=0

BilinearTwo9
01-04-2019, 08:06 PM

That would be like mana from heaven.

ProtoSoul9
01-05-2019, 01:18 AM

Thank you, that is all I ask 😁