PDA

View Full Version : So apparently calling centurion a ******** character counts as harassment to players

Sklivacio
12-31-2018, 07:08 PM
At least thats my guess because I just woke up and haven't played at all today

Greetings warrior,

Ubisoft account: **************@gmail.com
Warning Notification
For Honor - PC
Offense: Harassment
Action Date : 31/12/2018 13:00 UTC

We have detected activity on your account which is in breach of our code of conduct. Violations subject to banning include Misconduct and other behaviors that harm the intended player experience. You are responsible for any activity on your account. This warning was issued after careful review of relevant evidence.

We will continue to monitor For Honor for inappropriate behavior, as well as take action as needed to preserve the integrity of game.

You may refer to our code of conduct here: Code of Conduct.

This Code of Conduct is supplemental to Ubisoft’s Terms of Use.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Regards,

— The For Honor Team

dedric_branford
12-31-2018, 07:28 PM
well this is new . Never seen a person get a warning from ubisoft

Sklivacio
12-31-2018, 07:35 PM
Never used ubisoft forums so most of my messages are not being sent (IDK what im doing)

But ive never gotten one before and I googled before i posted this message and apparently its common it just doesnt add up since I wassent played the game ive been asleep all day including the time the warning was issued

dedric_branford
12-31-2018, 07:56 PM
did u reach out to support

Sklivacio
12-31-2018, 08:17 PM
I am right now

papa_joseph1
01-01-2019, 06:15 AM
I got a different message from Ubi on the same note, BUT I NEVER GOT THE FIRST EMAIL
https://i.imgur.com/rlxQQzj.jpg

Seriously, i never got a message telling me i've done anything wrong, nobody told me what i did, and ontop of this the chat suspension they mentioned never worked, during this apparent suspension i was able to chat, talk on the forum and do everything as normal, yet again, Ubisoft being entirely incompetent when it comes to moderation in their games.

This is why you don't use auto sanctions, it never works right, go look what happened in R6S, the same load of crap that their system can't understand.

Herbstlicht
01-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Well, guess you really said some not nice things to some guy. So you are at fault here. Whatever is appropriate and what not hardly ever comes down to what you think about it,but what the victim thinks about it.
Where I have to agree is Ubi's incompetence with information and support in general. My main account is still banned from the forums due to spam - well, taught me not to mash buttons when nothing is happening. Anyway, after 2 trys to contact support, I got an answer roughly 2 months later and had to respond very, very swiftly - what I didnt because I never thought a response would still come. After later realizing the mail was an answer to my month old request, I had to realize, ticket closed back to zero.

So while I fully agree with Ubis action, they are incredible terrible in dealing with their customers. Good thing though: this is such a perfect example of how to not to customer support, I regularly use it when doing coaching for support teams. Breaks the ice and allows for a large variety on discussions, be it the appropriateness or even necessity of apologys in certain situations and thoughts about what a maximum response time for your support staff or a smart timeframe for the user is.

Haplo_Bane
01-01-2019, 12:52 PM
I used to play a lot. I'm from Australia,on the Xbone. For over a year and half I had always played in the same region and knew everyone. Suddenly one day it put me in a different region. As a consequence my latency was horrible. In my region my latency was a steady 30. Now it's 166. People complained (rightly so) I was absolutely destroying everyone. I explained I have no control in what region I played (unlike most games) and daily I expect to be in my own region. It never happened. I kept getting reported. I eventually got banned. I never played the game again. I never have bought a game before that constantly discourages you from playing. I have never played a game where fixes are so insanely slow or even not at all (ladders). I have never bought a Ubisoft product since I bought this beautifully sculptured gold plated polished turd ( 2 years now ) So I'd like to thank ubiSOFT for banning me, breaking me from the addiction of playing FH. So long,so long,so long....and thanks for all the fish.

MuscleTech12018
01-01-2019, 01:15 PM
I used to play a lot. I'm from Australia,on the Xbone. For over a year and half I had always played in the same region and knew everyone. Suddenly one day it put me in a different region. As a consequence my latency was horrible. In my region my latency was a steady 30. Now it's 166. People complained (rightly so) I was absolutely destroying everyone. I explained I have no control in what region I played (unlike most games) and daily I expect to be in my own region. It never happened. I kept getting reported. I eventually got banned. I never played the game again. I never have bought a game before that constantly discourages you from playing. I have never played a game where fixes are so insanely slow or even not at all (ladders). I have never bought a Ubisoft product since I bought this beautifully sculptured gold plated polished turd ( 2 years now ) So I'd like to thank ubiSOFT for banning me, breaking me from the addiction of playing FH. So long,so long,so long....and thanks for all the fish.

This sounds too "Ubisoft" to be true, lol :)) I refuse to believe that even an unprofessional company like Ubisoft bans it's players after forcingly switching their region.

Archeun
01-01-2019, 07:53 PM
I was suspended for saying people were stupid f*****. The only way to ensure you don't get hit with a harassment deal is to not say anything in chat. America is getting to be the same way. If you say something that offends someone, it's the end of the world. It's pathetic. It's part of the reason this game continues to lose players. Harrassing a player over and over and over again is one thing. Yet, to say 1 bad word and get suspended is pretty ridiculous. When I was growing up it was sticks and stones. Now people need support animals to fly on airplanes. It's sad.

RenegadeRasta
01-01-2019, 09:32 PM
I was suspended for saying people were stupid f*****. The only way to ensure you don't get hit with a harassment deal is to not say anything in chat. America is getting to be the same way. If you say something that offends someone, it's the end of the world. It's pathetic. It's part of the reason this game continues to lose players. Harrassing a player over and over and over again is one thing. Yet, to say 1 bad word and get suspended is pretty ridiculous. When I was growing up it was sticks and stones. Now people need support animals to fly on airplanes. It's sad.
Lol. I got suspended for 9 days from FFXIV for telling someone to **** off. Your whole post is so true and relatable.

Vakris_One
01-02-2019, 01:06 AM
Back in my day when you told someone to off with the fuскs you were usually emotionally capable of dealing with whatever came back at you as a result of your decisions. Whether that be a return of harsh language or a stern talking to by the owner of the establishment within which you chose to conduct yourself in an uncouth manner. Nobody felt the need to mount atop a soap box in the middle of town and shout to anyone who would listen that their rights to be a sweary a-hat were being trampled on.

Nowadays though people come to online forums to bi*** and moan endlessly about how their feelies got hurt because they got a wrist slap for swearing at strangers while being a guest in someone else's online service. It's quite sad indeed. But also quite funny to read :)

Tundra 793
01-02-2019, 01:24 AM
Yet, to say 1 bad word and get suspended is pretty ridiculous.

What if that one word was the n-word, said to a person of color? Or calling someone the r-word, who might be mentally handicapped?
There's a reason the rules are the way they are.

The only way to ensure you don't get hit with a harassment deal is to not say anything in chat.

Or, just don't say anything that can be construed as harassment? Surely that's infinitely easier. If a person cannot stop themselves from tossing around rough language and slurs, they gotta seriously take a good at themselves, and how they process their emotions.

Comisari0
01-02-2019, 01:25 AM
Yeah, they did the same to me because I was having a bad match, and 5 minutes remaining in the "event" mode, so I prefer to not play and wait to the end of the match (and we were down 700 to 0), instead to jump to death (you know, when you are not in good mood). If they dont penalize with the stupid 15 minutes ban, I could quit. But Ubi suspended my account for 3 days for "deliberate absences" (if 5 minutes could be considered an absence hahahaha).

Fortunately, I was on a cruise ship going to Bahamas for the holydays when I read the mail, so it didnt care to me.

Hey Ubi, stop with this and give that money to the devs and let see if after almost 4 years, you could fix the match making that is still the issue is RUINING 60% or 70% of all the matches

papa_joseph1
01-02-2019, 02:13 AM
What if that one word was the n-word, said to a person of color? Or calling someone the r-word, who might be mentally handicapped?
There's a reason the rules are the way they are.

Or, just don't say anything that can be construed as harassment? Surely that's infinitely easier. If a person cannot stop themselves from tossing around rough language and slurs, they gotta seriously take a good at themselves, and how they process their emotions.

Problem is that half of the banning issue comes from people being salty, you get reported over and over again the system will just auto ban or auto sanction you, this is inherently a flawed idea due to lack of human oversight, R6S ran into this very same problem.

telling somebody to "get gud" or make stupid jokes is not a bannable offense, but oh shocking, get that report button clicked enough and you're done playing.

SangLong524
01-02-2019, 06:31 PM
You know you can swear at them without having typing it down or through the microphone, right? That’s what i do. If you leave evidence of your misdeed, no matter how light, it is on you.
This auto ban concerns and spooks me. I just moved to Australia, i wonder how many salt i can earn once i purchase new pc and hop back to the killing.