PDA

View Full Version : High hopes for the new Knight Hero

Herbstlicht
12-31-2018, 02:41 PM
After the release of the Wu Lin, I do really have high hopes for the upcoming newcomer. Thing is, Ubi seems to have it down pretty much on what moves are viable now and what moves are not. And the way many knights are designed, lets me really hope for .. well say some kind of Warlord / Aramusha hybrid. Simply a hero that does not rely on dodging, still has the option of a well timed counter attacking (like aramushas blade blockade, what I deem the most well done full block stance brecause it feels less cheap then the others and gives more interesting options) and a hero that's sure to get some form of bash with his shield so he can open up too. Combine this with a rather safe bet on 500ms lights off neutral and possibly some heavy into mixup game, and we could already have something fun to play. Lastly, nice armor, shield and weapon designs are always appreciated. Very much so :) And this is something where Ubi really shines normally. So yea .. could finally be some knight thats really fun to play. Because even up to this day, I can not, for some reason possibly associated with shoulderbash, enjoy playing Warden. Maybe its my mind that always tells me: why is a trained knights first move like saying to others: hey, wait, i soon jump into your blade - and then going "hop!" - and weirdly more often then not even succeeding in doing so -.- Ah well, just For Honors way of telling me to play Wu Lin or Samurai.

Orisoll
12-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Not to mention that this is the first new Knight hero who's actually, you know, a knight.

Herbstlicht
12-31-2018, 04:13 PM
Warden and lawbringer look "knightly" enough for me. I dislike both their gameplay though.

Siegfried-Z
12-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Man i was thinking of making the same thread ! Well done ^^
Till now, there are no knights i enjoy To play.
I do like Gladiator but some part of his kit makes me tired.
I have big hopes for the new knights too because if i like him, then i would play one char in each faction and i like this idea.
I believe we can be pretty sure Vortiger gonna looks furious ! So far he gonna have the biggest shield of the game, plus a decent amont of armor ( knight oblige) and a very traditionnal mid range medieval sword.
I love it.
That combines with "year of the hardbinger" makes me think he gonna be a heavy btw.
I think he gonna get 500ms light from neutral up start chain, a usefull zone and some bash of course. Every knights except pk have bash. Looking at this big guy, i am sure he gonna have a shield bash mech too.

A SB yes but i hope different than conq one.
I would see Vortiger being a counter attacker. This suit wis his equiment. A big shield like that is not only made to block hits but to hide to your opponent what you gonna do with your sword and from which direction too . Which makes it unreactable at short range with a medium sword ^^
I think it gonna be a pretty strong char in both 1v1 and 4v4. At least i hope so ! Can't wait To get more infos about him.

Orisoll
12-31-2018, 05:00 PM
Warden and lawbringer look "knightly" enough for me. I dislike both their gameplay though.

Hence why I said "new" hero.

Herbstlicht
12-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Ah ok of course, after roman excursion, yes, my bad.

chukblok
01-01-2019, 05:03 AM
High hopes for both the knight and Viking. You know they will be heavy/hybrid/vanguards. What else could use a maul?? I sense good things....

Hormly
01-01-2019, 05:31 AM
Shield bashes incoming

Knight_Raime
01-02-2019, 06:10 AM
Considering Valk has actual attacks with her shield (well just one, but still) I'm hoping this new guy will as well. Though i'm 100% expecting "THis iS wHaT WArLoRd sHOulD bE" posts upon his showcase/addition into the full game.

OhHowSheGoingEh
01-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Why is everyone excited for a new light spammer or bash spammer? Over half the roaster can do this already. Why do you guys keep throwing money at this company?

Goat_of_Vermund
01-02-2019, 09:53 PM
As long as he looks cool and can be played offensively with real mixups, it will pull me back to the game. All I want is an offensive knight character who doesn't rely on shieldbashes.

rottmeister
01-02-2019, 10:41 PM
I hope the new hero is aesthetically pleasing, so even if all he does is spam, he'll look cool while doing it?
I grow tired of seeing the same light spamming Orochi's and shieldbashing conqs....

But in all seriousness I hope the new heroes have fully fleshed out kits and are fun to use/fight against.
I'm interested in seeing how they'll turn out.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-02-2019, 10:55 PM
I use to like Val until her rework. I'm looking forward to the sword and shield character the most. It would be cool if he was a mix between Highlander and conc with offence and defence stances. When he goes into offense mode he puts his shield on his back and is more agile but in defense he is slow and tankie.

rottmeister
01-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Considering Valk has actual attacks with her shield (well just one, but still) I'm hoping this new guy will as well. Though i'm 100% expecting "THis iS wHaT WArLoRd sHOulD bE" posts upon his showcase/addition into the full game.

I'm expecting threads like 'Vortiger OP', 'Vortiger need nerf' and a bunch of other threads like the ones I mentioned but filled with hundreds of grammatical errors while yelling unintelligibly the first hour after Vortiger's release (I am aware that my English isn't flawless either but I'd like to think that I get my point across).
Caps lock and censored swearwords ad infinitum, but that's a given in any salty post. ^^

You might be right about the 'this is what Warlord should be' posts, but I feel like these will come when he's showcased and after his release those comments will die quickly just like with JJ ('what Shugoki should have been'), those posts died rather quickly, now it's just "JJ OP".

I'm fairly certain Vortiger will use his shield in combat (as in offense, of course he'll use it in defense otherwise what's the point of a shield if you're not using it?).
I would be surprised if he doesn't have a bash at all.
I just hope his bash (if he has one) isn't as spammable as conqs or unfair (what I feel like is unfair) as Warden's shoulderbash mix up game.

jordan-tanton
01-03-2019, 07:14 PM
If he does have a shield bash of sorts, I hope it is something similar to how Tiandi's palm strike works but can only be started in a combo but doesnt have to be used/can be feinted out of. I brought the year 3 pass just so I can try him one week early and well, as my faction and most of my mains are Vikings Im looking forward to the war hammer/maul viking!

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-03-2019, 09:10 PM
I hope he has the pike minion feat people have been taking about... That sounds fun.

Ubiflowessence
01-03-2019, 09:35 PM
Love the speculation and glad to see the hype for the new hero! Be sure to check out the Warrior's Den Live Stream on the 10th! ;)