PDA

View Full Version : Most of the weapons In ND are just reskins.

framperton
12-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Look at the video where they are going through the loadout wheel.

It's literally everything in FC5, with the exception of the sawblade launcher -which doesn't even seem to actually dismemberment as you would expect- and the scissor knife which is an odd choice to make an improvised weapon out of considering the abundance of knifes and pieces of metal you could just as easily make a shiv out of both before and after the apocalypse.

But nope, for some reason knives were banned in the US pre apocalypse and only scissors survived.

Even looking at the truck on the ND forum splash screen; it's just a reskin of the farm truck we currently have ingame.

HorTyS
12-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Well yeah, they are 're-skins' of the weapons and vehicles from FC5, because this game literally is a continuation of FC5. Why would there suddenly be a deluge of new weapons in Hope County after a couple nukes went off? I also don't think after those bombs fell and people spent years in their bunkers, anyone's priority would've been to import some new pickups. I'm hoping for a couple new weapons at least beyond that saw-launcher, but in this case not only is weapon re-use justified and 100% to be expected, but it actually makes more sense than suddenly having a bunch of new ones....

That said I hope there are multiple bladed weapons to choose from and that weird scissor knife just happens to be the one that's been in the gameplay so far...

framperton
12-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Well yeah, they are 're-skins' of the weapons and vehicles from FC5, because this game literally is a continuation of FC5. Why would there suddenly be a deluge of new weapons in Hope County after a couple nukes went off?

Given that the weapon selection in FC5 was **** and outright nonsensical, Yes, I would have expected some additions.

I'm not sure if you're aware that in the real world weapons DO wear down and break over time and that without maintenance they will cease to function. Especially after '17 years'. Yet ND will inevitably be absolutely inundated with AR-C, vectors, .50 cal snipers and other such **** since that's exactly what the FC5 enemies currently use.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but after 17 years of continuous use and exposure with limited to no replacement parts the number and of functional weapons would be severely reduced. If anything, this would merit increased weapon modification options, but that's clearly not what we're getting.

I believe Seeing more makeshift and exotic homemade weapons would be a good thing, but if you literally want to play the exact same game with some neon paint and rust slapped on, good for you. I mean for ****s sake, the weapons all even sound exactly the same.

I also don't think after those bombs fell and people spent years in their bunkers

Who exactly are you talking about? This isn't Fallout, there were no vaults. The only actual bunkers that existed were owned by The Project, which were all destroyed, and Eli's bunker which was only occupied by 2 people.

The Project also killed or looted the prepper caches in Hope Valley, and those that weren't looted, were looted by you, the player. By the time the bombs dropped, there really wasn't a whole lot of people left alive considering they all either fled, were killed.

Which further underscores my point that modern weapon caches and such would have been pretty depleted 17 years after the fact.

import some new pickups.

Yeah, it's totally unreasonable for me to expect that people coming from outside hope county would migrate through and bring along their own vehicles. Nope. Everyone in the US clearly owns the exact same model of beat to **** old pickup truck, semi truck, and hatcback sedan.

It's also clearly unreasonable to assume that people living post apocalypse to be using vehicles barely modified from their pre-war state.

HorTyS
12-31-2018, 04:50 AM
My point was simply that most weapons returning makes sense and that having an all new arsenal would make far less sense than reusing weapons from the last game. I was annoyed so many weapons were re-used in FC4 after FC3, but that was a totally unrelated game, in a completely different part of the world. FCND is legitimately a direct narrative sequel to FC5, set in the same place, it makes far more sense to re-use assets from the previous game. As a Montanan myself, I can say full well that rural Montanans would indeed possess the know how to maintain weapons for well over 17 years. Not that the weapons would have been under constant use & exposure for those 17 years because contrary to your claim that the cult owned all the shelters there were actually bomb shelters at almost every residence in the game, so plenty of civilians would've been holed up in there for years after the end of the first game.

As I said before, I am hoping we get a handful of new weapons as well, but it makes sense that most of the game's arsenal will be holdovers from FC5. Maybe we get a couple new ones that the highwaymen bring with them from the east, or maybe the only new weapons will be the makeshift ones like the saw launcher, all I was trying to say was that re-used weapons in the case of FCND makes more sense than having mostly new ones. Also there are new vehicles in the game, but again, logically there are also many returning vehicle types, which continues to make more sense than it would for them all to be replaced.