PDA

View Full Version : Parent Frustration

pepe1284
12-30-2018, 03:57 PM
We have purchase just dance games for years for our family because our children love the interactive games. However over the past few generations of the games, the song choices have become more and more inappropriate for young users. For the most part we have just avoided letting our kids play those song but in the most current release, the songs seem to be riddled with bleeping and suggestive lyrics and dancing. After one play I am ready to return the game however now that it is open I canít return the game to the store. Normally I would not find reason to comment on the issue but the games are rated ďEĒ and as such are expected to have suitable content for children. I may be the minority with this sentiment but I am also sure that there are other frustrated parents out there with the increasing leak of inappropriate material making its way into kids games. Please take my feedback into consideration in future generations.

Ubi-RealDude
12-31-2018, 03:02 AM
Hey pepe1284, I'll make a note of your frustrations and pass them along. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Depending on the age of your kids, you may find the Just Dance Kids section is better catered for child-friendly song choices.

I hope this helps.

greekphysics
01-01-2019, 12:32 AM
In Just Dance 2018, the song Ju Ju on the Beat was originally showing in the Kids section, which rather seemed like a mistake. Evidently, parents complained about this, as it later disappeared from the Kids section.

This game is extremely popular with teenagers, preteens, and younger kids. Parents appreciate that this video game offers much more exercise than typical video games. It's the parents who are purchasing the game, or at least approving the playing time, and their judgments decide if their kids will be able to purchase the newer editions. So it's important to gather parental feedback.

There are many experienced Just Dancers on YouTube and Twitch who I suspect provide valuable feedback to the Just Dance team, but maybe they need more parental feedback.

In Just Dance 2019, I was surprised to find Sangria Wine. Do kids really need more exposure to alcohol?

The Kids mode seems to be targeting very young kids, and the only step up from there is access to all of the songs. What about in between?

It would be nice if any song related to alcohol, drugs (or getting high), sex, or otherwise questionable material were exclusive to Unlimited. If that were the case, all parents would need to do with preteens and teens (who wish to restrict their access) is not let them have access to Unlimited. But right now it doesn't work that way. There is questionable content in a few songs or dances in the 40 songs (including 12 alternate dances) that come with the disc. My suggestion is that when you choose a song or develop a dance with questionable content, put that in Unlimited so that it doesn't deter parents from letting their preteens or teens enjoy the game.

UbiSc0ttie
01-03-2019, 12:09 AM
In Just Dance 2018, the song Ju Ju on the Beat was originally showing in the Kids section, which rather seemed like a mistake. Evidently, parents complained about this, as it later disappeared from the Kids section.

This game is extremely popular with teenagers, preteens, and younger kids. Parents appreciate that this video game offers much more exercise than typical video games. It's the parents who are purchasing the game, or at least approving the playing time, and their judgments decide if their kids will be able to purchase the newer editions. So it's important to gather parental feedback.

There are many experienced Just Dancers on YouTube and Twitch who I suspect provide valuable feedback to the Just Dance team, but maybe they need more parental feedback.

In Just Dance 2019, I was surprised to find Sangria Wine. Do kids really need more exposure to alcohol?

The Kids mode seems to be targeting very young kids, and the only step up from there is access to all of the songs. What about in between?

It would be nice if any song related to alcohol, drugs (or getting high), sex, or otherwise questionable material were exclusive to Unlimited. If that were the case, all parents would need to do with preteens and teens (who wish to restrict their access) is not let them have access to Unlimited. But right now it doesn't work that way. There is questionable content in a few songs or dances in the 40 songs (including 12 alternate dances) that come with the disc. My suggestion is that when you choose a song or develop a dance with questionable content, put that in Unlimited so that it doesn't deter parents from letting their preteens or teens enjoy the game.

Hey @greekphysics !

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter. We appreciate you providing more parental feedback.

- Scottie