PDA

View Full Version : Next Assassins Creed Game to be in Persia Pls

Ashraf81sg33
12-30-2018, 05:33 AM
Hi I've played every assassins creed games since the very beginning Altair to now Alexios And Kassandra n loving it so far each game are unique So im on my
second playthrough with Alexios now currently level 32.. the First with Kassandra.. Hopefully the next Assassins creed game will be in Persia That would be Great Anyway thanks Ubisoft Great game completed The first playthrough roughly took me about 156 hours around there level 70 plus Kassandra with Legendary amour Pilgrim Set
quite fatigue towards the ending completion of the game.. Great game thumbs up playing on xbox one

show_stoppa
12-30-2018, 05:41 AM
Ancient Rome. Like 60-70% sure.

Olympus2018
12-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Not the City of Rome again!!! Byzantium FTW.

Asgardian02
12-30-2018, 11:49 AM
How about in scandinavia during viking time :)
let me swing 2x 1handed axes

strigoi1958
12-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Anywhere (except Japan ;) )

Olympus2018
12-30-2018, 12:05 PM

What if it's in Feudal Japan? LOL

ProdiGurl
12-30-2018, 12:59 PM
How about in scandinavia during viking time :)
let me swing 2x 1handed axes
Yes yes to Vikings :D

I know, it will be my least anticipated location, but if I know Devs, they'll make it awesome somehow.

They've been everywhere I wanted to be & I'm content, so I'm open to anything that fulfills other players requests.

zarmor
12-30-2018, 04:00 PM

i have to agree…

I would also prefer Byzantium or Rome.

Persia ? why not, but definitely not my N1 on the wish list.

I would'nt mind Babylon at the time of Alexander the Great either !!

show_stoppa
12-30-2018, 04:58 PM
Feudal Japan seems unlikely as Ghost of Tsushima has already been announced for quiet a while now.

Viking seems like an interesting period but can't see it coming until the next gen consoles arrive, i.e 2021 . The same thing goes for other settings, though it is difficult to imagine any setting that is from the time period before Odyssey.

The current rumors mostly point to Ancient Rome setting, which will be the last game on current gen hardware (ps4 and XboX One). The rumors before the announcement of Origins were that 3 games are being planned , first in Egypt, second in Greece and third in Rome. So The first 2 names from the rumor are already true. Also I heard some Ubisoft people were spotted in Rome taking some pictures of old places. Anyways most of this is just rumor and we will have to wait till early 2020 to find out.

ProdiGurl
12-30-2018, 05:27 PM
i have to agree…

I would also prefer Byzantium or Rome.

Persia ? why not, but definitely not my N1 on the wish list.

I would'nt mind Babylon at the time of Alexander the Great either !!

Yes yes to Babylon too ! Nice idea.

Feudal Japan seems unlikely as Ghost of Tsushima has already been announced for quiet a while now.

Viking seems like an interesting period but can't see it coming until the next gen consoles arrive, i.e 2021 . The same thing goes for other settings, though it is difficult to imagine any setting that is from the time period before Odyssey.

I was in live chats during E3 in June and I was one of the few that had zero interest in Ghost of Tsushimi - I didn't think it was that amazing either... I just have no interest in it, but like I said, I think Ubi would do a great job with it.

eskimosound
12-30-2018, 06:26 PM
No way Persia, make the next game Robin Hood in England...would be so good..

AnimusLover
12-30-2018, 06:45 PM
Sadly, I think it will be in Ancient Rome due to the rumours but would actually like to see a World War 2 setting. The parts in Unity was a nice touch.

Asgardian02
12-30-2018, 08:32 PM

What this have to do with next gen consoles? I am playing on pc btw. Or do you mean that orins was like a base platform for the foloowing games? Its clear to see that odyssey is heavily build upon origins.

show_stoppa
12-30-2018, 09:06 PM
For me any 20th century setting is too recent and has already been exploited too many times in tons of other games.

I have a soft threshold of settings that I prefer from those I prefer less. The threshold is 'guns'. Any setting where guns hadn't become mainstream in combat is the one that I prefer. Swords, bows and other melee weapons are the ones that I like to use, because use of guns in games has become extremely repetitive. Also I feel there is a slight realism to dodging arrows, but dodging bullets is just wayyy over the top.

show_stoppa
12-30-2018, 09:11 PM
What this have to do with next gen consoles? I am playing on pc btw. Or do you mean that orins was like a base platform for the foloowing games? Its clear to see that odyssey is heavily build upon origins.

Nah nothing to do with next gen consoles. I am just saying that the 2020 game is already in development, and that the story and setting has already been finalized, which most likely is Ancient Rome. Any game that comes in 2021 will be on the next gen hardware because that is when the next gen hardware will be releasing. And given it would be a new hardware (both ps5 and next Xbox), it would be a relatively larger project, with new engine and new features. I hope Ashraf Ismail's team from Ubisoft Montreal works on it. They have done amazing jobs by first creating Black Flag which brought naval combat and tons of new stuff , not seen in AC games before, and then with AC Origins by completely changing the direction of the franchise.

chris2k30
12-30-2018, 10:28 PM
I'd like baby steps in this Ancient era so i wouldn't say no to the next one set during Alexanders conquest of Persia then the Romans then maybe Britannia

The only reason i bought this game tbh is because of the setting an the bringing back of Naval Combat, although basic, an if they moved away from the era i'd probably not buy again unless they went back to pirates, i have zero interest in the AC name or over all story an what sold this game to me was roleplaying a warrior in Ancient Greece fighting for Sparta or Athens

strigoi1958
12-31-2018, 02:13 AM
The only reason I say not Japan is because AC games are built around well known locations, notable people and historical events. Japanese history is a mystery to me, I do not know any famous historical people from Japan and apart from Mount Fuji I don't know any Japanese locations so I don't think I'd get the same feeling I get from a Japanese setting as I would from Sweden, Norway, anywhere around the Mediterranean, Russia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Mongolia, Canada, India, North or South America or Europe.

I'm sure Ubi would make the game amazing set anywhere, but I'd like to recognise a few places/ people/ events while I played. I don't have a problem with Japan or feudal Japan, it's a great setting for a game but maybe not AC.

@eskimosound I think a Sherwood forest/ Robin Hood/ Richard the Lionheart on Crusades era would be great as well. :)

UbiCosmos
12-31-2018, 03:36 AM
Hey there everyone,

I am going to move this to the general AC forum, since this is not directly about Odyssey. :)

Wollyd1878
12-31-2018, 04:59 PM
How about a game where you actually are an assassin and and have to fight templars?

zarmor
12-31-2018, 06:13 PM
How about a game where you actually are an assassin and and have to fight templars?

Wow, Jerusalem at the time of the Crusades would be awesome !!!

Saladin against the templars in Jerusalem !!!! YES :cool:

Ashraf81sg33
12-31-2018, 06:58 PM
We already had that in the first assassins creed as Altair for Jerusalem crusade

Wollyd1878
12-31-2018, 08:42 PM
@zarmor That was part of the plot in AC1

Wollyd1878
12-31-2018, 09:53 PM
Back to topic

I prefer Persia and Babylon
Also intresting would be germany 30 years war!
The war between Habsburg and Osmanics!
Spain and the Inquisition!

All of them could feature impressive architecture!

zarmor
01-02-2019, 12:18 PM
@zarmor That was part of the plot in AC1

Ah OK thanks for the info !!

I have only played Assassin's Creed games since Origins…

Anyway Babylon and Bizantium would be my first choices !!!