PDA

View Full Version : possible pk buff

BringingLedges
12-29-2018, 07:20 PM
could we possibly turn the pk soft feint bleed from top to all directions, like shaman?
it's a small change that could make pk viable again.

UbiInsulin
12-29-2018, 08:16 PM
I know that the team is looking at PK's damage output, among other things. Could you explain your proposed change in a bit more detail (why this change in particular is the one you'd like to see, for example)?

BringingLedges
12-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Okay, Here's my change with a bit more detail, and why I think this change would benefit pk;

Peacekeeper in its current state is a weird mesh of its former glory, in my opinion, the bleed stacks are ok, and generally amazing now,
but the regular damage along with bleed viability is really low, If your opponent is not attacking, and only will attack after parrying,
If you try to crack the turtle with a regular bleed, without guard break, You'll most likely get parried, and punished heavily, since it's a light parry.

Attacks like (light, light, heavy, feint into bleed) or (light, heavy, feint bleed) all go in the same direction, what I mean is; the bleed attack
ALWAYS comes from the top guard,

I'd like to propose for said bleed attacks to be able to come from ANY guard, like the shaman's infamous (light, heavy, feint to bleed)
Shaman is able to bleed attack from all directions, and If PK could do the same, it'd be a well-needed buff,

Personally, for me, the PK damage is ok, maybe a tad bit more bleed, but with this change, I think it wouldn't be needed.

This could bring back a lot more PK players, like myself, and revive a hero that almost no-one plays anymore.

Thank you for reading this.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Okay, Here's my change with a bit more detail, and why I think this change would benefit pk;

Peacekeeper in its current state is a weird mesh of its former glory, in my opinion, the bleed stacks are ok, and generally amazing now,
but the regular damage along with bleed viability is really low, If your opponent is not attacking, and only will attack after parrying,
If you try to crack the turtle with a regular bleed, without guard break, You'll most likely get parried, and punished heavily, since it's a light parry.

Attacks like (light, light, heavy, feint into bleed) or (light, heavy, feint bleed) all go in the same direction, what I mean is; the bleed attack
ALWAYS comes from the top guard,

I'd like to propose for said bleed attacks to be able to come from ANY guard, like the shaman's infamous (light, heavy, feint to bleed)
Shaman is able to bleed attack from all directions, and If PK could do the same, it'd be a well-needed buff,

Personally, for me, the PK damage is ok, maybe a tad bit more bleed, but with this change, I think it wouldn't be needed.

This could bring back a lot more PK players, like myself, and revive a hero that almost no-one plays anymore.

Thank you for reading this.

And let her land her heavies off a guard break too. There is no good reason why she isn't allowed to get an execution of her GBs.

BringingLedges
12-31-2018, 08:51 AM
does anyone else have anything useful to add onto this?
im not always the best with buff ideas so anyone else think this is good

Siegfried-Z
12-31-2018, 09:27 AM
If i may.

I agree PK needs help and hurry to see her got her dmg buff.

The bleed soft feint into any directions is a good idea such as a heavy from GB.

But, allowing her bleed dagger from any directions would maybe be too strong if this apply on her chained heavies.

Dont forget shaman can only use her bleed from a neutral heavy .

I would suggest the same things for pk. in that way it would help her but not makes it too strong.

And i would add pk should have all her zone options becoming softfeint (gb, lights) not just the bleed. Why? Because of how important her zone mix up is in Her kit and how much stam it require to use it currently.

An important question too. Nowadays PK is far from beiing the best light spammer in the game. Roch, Nuxia are better at that and some such as Tiandi, Valk or Shaolin are maybe as good as PK.

Except some softfeint and a 2nd light/zone at 400ms she doesnt have anything.

So, my question is should she got one of the 3 best weapon of the game ? HA - UB - Bash
She is the only char of the game having none of these 3 if we consider nuxia traps as bash and Roch Deflect options.

MrB3NX
12-31-2018, 12:47 PM
have you ever met a high rep pk ?

she will make you wanna quit the game and you ask for a buff just cuz u don't know how to play it .

Goat_of_Vermund
12-31-2018, 01:34 PM
Just because you met a pk who beated the hell out of you doesn't mean she is strong, she is very weak. It only means that pk was far better than you beating you with a worse character.

Siegfried-Z
12-31-2018, 01:40 PM

she will make you wanna quit the game and you ask for a buff just cuz u don't know how to play it .

1/ we dont even know to who you're talking
2/ sorry man but you are Well know for having a lack of skills and then having problem against char which are trash such as PK
3/ the entire community currently agree pk need a buff and that's why ubi already says she gonna get buff in S9.

Pk doesn't have anything special. If you have troubles against her i cant imagine against a good Valk, Shaolin, Musha, Zerk or Shaman lol

MrB3NX
12-31-2018, 03:53 PM
1/ we dont even know to who you're talking
2/ sorry man but you are Well know for having a lack of skills and then having problem against char which are trash such as PK
3/ the entire community currently agree pk need a buff and that's why ubi already says she gonna get buff in S9.

Pk doesn't have anything special. If you have troubles against her i cant imagine against a good Valk, Shaolin, Musha, Zerk or Shaman lol

i didn't say pk is strong or needs a nerf

i said she doesn't needs a buff

means she's a balanced hero .

The_Sun_Danc3
12-31-2018, 08:47 PM

I’m in the top 1% of peacekeepers on Xbox (Maybe even all platforms) (My gamertag is “The Sun Danc3” if you want to fact check me) and I basically only play her once in awhile now because I still consider her my main. I am nowhere near as good with shaman’s kit as I am with peacekeeper’s kit and yet I do MINIMUM at least twice as good with shaman (especially 4v4).
Peacekeeper is in a bad way right now and this is especially evident when she is on the outside of an opponent. Her only real strength right now is her zone (Which can still be parried, even on console with a giant punish) and her speed to run and capture objectives. Other than that she is overall the weakest character to play in 4v4 and despite her and shaman having the same basic kit, shaman is above and beyond her at an offensive level.
Pk has no CC move, no HA attack, no UB attack and no bash attack. Her bleed is the one thing in her kit that can actually do damage but it’s almost impossible to land on a turtle because with her bleed only starting on heavy attacks, everyone who can play knows she has the slowest neutral heavy in the game and they expect the top bleed or can see the GB coming.
That’s not even mentioning the thick blood feat.
If pk got an UB AND a bash she would be an A tier (Maybe S tier) character again. But if she got at least one of those (I’d personally prefer an UB with soft feint) and a slight damage increase with across the board stamina increases (except light attacks) and at least a 100 ms decrease to her heavy attacks (because anybody that says a neutral heavy, from an assassin no less, shouldn’t be unreactable from a guardbreak, is obviously biased)
she would be viable again and I can guarantee a lot of pk mains who went to shaman, beserker and orochi, would go back to maiming her

The_Sun_Danc3
12-31-2018, 08:49 PM
i didn't say pk is strong or needs a nerf

i said she doesn't needs a buff

means she's a balanced hero .

Balanced against who exactly? Like which hero’s do you consider her equal?

MrB3NX
12-31-2018, 11:43 PM
I’m in the top 1% of peacekeepers on Xbox (Maybe even all platforms) (My gamertag is “The Sun Danc3” if you want to fact check me) and I basically only play her once in awhile now because I still consider her my main. I am nowhere near as good with shaman’s kit as I am with peacekeeper’s kit and yet I do MINIMUM at least twice as good with shaman (especially 4v4).
Peacekeeper is in a bad way right now and this is especially evident when she is on the outside of an opponent. Her only real strength right now is her zone (Which can still be parried, even on console with a giant punish) and her speed to run and capture objectives. Other than that she is overall the weakest character to play in 4v4 and despite her and shaman having the same basic kit, shaman is above and beyond her at an offensive level.
Pk has no CC move, no HA attack, no UB attack and no bash attack. Her bleed is the one thing in her kit that can actually do damage but it’s almost impossible to land on a turtle because with her bleed only starting on heavy attacks, everyone who can play knows she has the slowest neutral heavy in the game and they expect the top bleed or can see the GB coming.
That’s not even mentioning the thick blood feat.
If pk got an UB AND a bash she would be an A tier (Maybe S tier) character again. But if she got at least one of those (I’d personally prefer an UB with soft feint) and a slight damage increase with across the board stamina increases (except light attacks) and at least a 100 ms decrease to her heavy attacks (because anybody that says a neutral heavy, from an assassin no less, shouldn’t be unreactable from a guardbreak, is obviously biased)
she would be viable again and I can guarantee a lot of pk mains who went to shaman, beserker and orochi, would go back to maiming her

i said it before Shaman is broken and needs to be nerfed

i have no idea how you demand a bash attack for an assassin !

pk is fine in my opinion .

Helnekromancer
12-31-2018, 11:50 PM
i said it before Shaman is broken and needs to be nerfed

i have no idea how you demand a bash attack for an assassin !

pk is fine in my opinion .

Shinobi, Gladiator, and Shaman all have a bash.

EvoX.
01-01-2019, 03:44 AM
I'm definitely agaisnt giving her tri-directional 400ms soft feints. Shaman has this, but her left and right dagger pokes are 500ms, only the top is 400. Completely different story.

She needs an interesting kit, and in my opinion special options if the opponent is bleeding. Also an increase to her damage, it's extremely unsatisfying to deal low damage in general.

Goat_of_Vermund
01-01-2019, 01:07 PM
She needs increased damage, at least one unblockable (preferably a directional), stamina buff, and her dagger cancel, deep gouge and all dodge attacks should start chains. With the current playstyle, that is the bare minimum for A tier (A tier=balanced). I would give her some special bleed effect too.

Orisoll
01-02-2019, 07:09 PM
She definitely needs her kit expanded and given some unique moves. At the moment she's basically just a bad Shaman.

DoctorMcBatman
01-02-2019, 09:25 PM
could we possibly turn the pk soft feint bleed from top to all directions, like shaman?
it's a small change that could make pk viable again.

I know that the team is looking at PK's damage output, among other things. Could you explain your proposed change in a bit more detail (why this change in particular is the one you'd like to see, for example)?

This has been suggested from players even pre-PK's rework. It was then brought back to the spotlight when the "rework" happened. This is not a new idea, but one that players (competitive and casual alike) have suggested in bringing some balance back to PK for months.